Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Why Manus Charges Gold For Healing

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Squee wrote: »
    If you don't want to go to a healer, start training your potion making. All you need to do is find a good herb farm homestead like mine, and you'll be able to make all the HP, Stamina, Mana, and wound potions you want. Not only do you train up a skill, but you equip yourself for more fighting. The only downside is that we can't make some more advanced potions like Wound 100/300 potions (which I think we need to do especially with events giving them to us.)

But yeah, the healers are mostly not really needed these days. Honestly, the only time I ever use them is to heal my pets because I'm a stingy jerk who doesn't want to share my potions with them. They need to redo the healer system entirely, like letting healers sell stronger potions. Honestly, the healing taking 90 gold isn't really that big of a deal. 90 gold is something you can make back pretty quickly. I suppose if you're a beginning player, it might be annoying, but it doesn't take long before the healers become completely useless to you once you learn to fix yourself up. Heck, the last fishing event even gave us a ton of bandages so we could fix ourselves up with first aid. That and homesteads have fairly easy access to putting herb patches down to make your own potions to save your life when the time comes.

I'm stuck on gathering mandrake for herbalism. Oof.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    If you don't want to go to a healer, start training your potion making. All you need to do is find a good herb farm homestead like mine, and you'll be able to make all the HP, Stamina, Mana, and wound potions you want. Not only do you train up a skill, but you equip yourself for more fighting. The only downside is that we can't make some more advanced potions like Wound 100/300 potions (which I think we need to do especially with events giving them to us.)

But yeah, the healers are mostly not really needed these days. Honestly, the only time I ever use them is to heal my pets because I'm a stingy jerk who doesn't want to share my potions with them. They need to redo the healer system entirely, like letting healers sell stronger potions. Honestly, the healing taking 90 gold isn't really that big of a deal. 90 gold is something you can make back pretty quickly. I suppose if you're a beginning player, it might be annoying, but it doesn't take long before the healers become completely useless to you once you learn to fix yourself up. Heck, the last fishing event even gave us a ton of bandages so we could fix ourselves up with first aid. That and homesteads have fairly easy access to putting herb patches down to make your own potions to save your life when the time comes.

You can still gather herbs and make potions if you have the potion making skill.

You can still gather herbs and make potions if you have the potion making skill.

Yea, but I want to make better potions and gathering mandrake doesn't help.
  • HigaHiga
    Mabinogi Rep: 810
    Mana potions aint cheap for a chapter 1 character.
    Higa wrote: »
    Mana potions aint cheap for a chapter 1 character.

And doesn't get cheap even when you progress further.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Speaking of "following the money" who are you supposedly paying when you use the skill Artifact Investigation. That is when you appraise the items yourself, not through Voight or Belita?
  • AgentJeanAgentJean
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,775
    Mana potions grow on bushes.
    Kensamaofmari