Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Change Name Pls Suggestion !

RVLynRVLyn
Mabinogi Rep: 400
in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello My Friends !

First of all, a big hello to everyone and now I will continue with my suggestion, I would like to share an idea and it is the name change
You will see on several occasions I have requested the name change and it was not possible for me ..

I have had a long career in other games and when you request a name change, at least 1 time, if possible

And even with Merge, I still couldn't change it, because my nickname was not affected by the ¨ + server ¨ Then I was in contact with 2 GM´s Stratarius and Raskrellia
They told me that if I made a feedback with my idea, it may be possible in the future that the name change is not only for the "+ Server" or even better for Nexon, a name change that is paid, I mean, with NX, a name change coupon

Please, it would be an honor to consider my idea, I think I am not the only one who wants this possible, I think there are many other people who want to make a change
Well, that would be all, thank you very much for your time and for reading me, greetings to all the Staff and have a good day

[img][/img]Lyndis-Sacae-3WhCWE8rr-b.jpg

Comments

• DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Don't know if you keep up with Mabi's news and announcements, but you'll be happy to know the paid Name Change option is in the works (at least since the original Server Merge posts back in June 2019, and postponed indefinitely at this time). That said, it's always good to mae it more prominent to Nexon NA that paid Name Changes are something the community wants.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Never heard of these GM's. I hate how you sometimes get a GM in support who probably has no idea how to even play Mabinogi.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Wait a second! I've seen someone whom changed their name and it wasn't previously a +server name; how does that work? I thought only +servers could get changed. And like how did Gaea lose their name? Was it to another Gaea or is it as long as you have a +server named character any character can have their named changed to whatever is available?
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    @Helsa People were able to abuse this if they had at least one +Server character. Before filling in the form, you're asked to select a character similar to item purchases on the cash shop, however you got coupons awarded to your account equivalent to the amount of +Server characters you had. This is why some people used this to get a quick and easy name change.

@Greta This is the beauty of video game support; these guys have fancy names of GM something, when in reality they likely only have one mandatory character in Mabi, cumulative Lv 60 and are sitting in some Indian CS company with a mandatory satisfaction rate of 30%.
    (Note: I said Indian not out of racism, but from noticed speech patterns in their replies, like using "the same" all the time)
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Draech wrote: »
    Don't know if you keep up with Mabi's news and announcements, but you'll be happy to know the paid Name Change option is in the works (at least since the original Server Merge posts back in June 2019, and postponed indefinitely at this time). That said, it's always good to mae it more prominent to Nexon NA that paid Name Changes are something the community wants.

^This. It's not even a thing yet (though Mabi KR can I believe I've heard?)
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Helsa wrote: »
    Wait a second! I've seen someone whom changed their name and it wasn't previously a +server name; how does that work? I thought only +servers could get changed. And like how did Gaea lose their name? Was it to another Gaea or is it as long as you have a +server named character any character can have their named changed to whatever is available?

I'm in Nao and I did see someone that wasn't Gaea we know from the forums with the Gaea name.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Leinei wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »

I'm in Nao and I did see someone that wasn't Gaea we know from the forums with the Gaea name.

I don't think they wanted their name to begin with so it wasn't a matter of "losing" their name. It's also not really an "abuse" to select a different character with which to change names, it still consumes your accounts name change option.

That all said, I think they'll add the feature in eventually. The problem is that the name changing process (originally) brought on unforeseen complications and thus had to be set back while the dev team focused on more pressing issues like keeping up with mainstream content and up-keeping bug/glitch/translation problems which could/do arise. It's difficult for them to keep up with everything, especially with a fluctuating team.
  • RVLynRVLyn
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    I really feel sad about this, cuz i really want this :c I am completely sure that there are at least 40% of people who want a change
  • RuinitiveRuinitive
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,180
    I've been waiting on the name change for forever, I had to take the name on another character I'll have to delete just to make sure no one took the name I wanted because my first choice was taken a few months after the +servers happened so I took my 2nd choice. It's really annoying, I've been putting off rejoining my guild and family waiting on the change to finally happen.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Ruinitive wrote: »
    I've been waiting on the name change for forever, I had to take the name on another character I'll have to delete just to make sure no one took the name I wanted because my first choice was taken a few months after the +servers happened so I took my 2nd choice. It's really annoying, I've been putting off rejoining my guild and family waiting on the change to finally happen.

I have a character that I really want to name change too.
    I've renamed another who was already affected by the +Server and I'm just gonna delete them when it finally comes out.
    But I've been wondering.. does it always have a deletion counter or does it depend on their cumulative level? I don't wanna wait just to get it stolen by someone else. -_-