Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

What will your three Egos be?

Comments

• DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
    I have had an Ego Dagger (Max 50 all stats) since my very first Ego. I am not one to do weapons that make sense, but have more meaning instead.

I Synthesized the first War Sword in NA. So, at the very least, my 2nd ego will be the very first War Sword (which I broke down to 1 dura...) named Synthesis.

Not sure on the 3rd yet.
  • CiriCiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    Bow, Wand and Chains (if they have it) or Cylinder!
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I'd like to bring this back, given the Ego Update is coming up soon.

Has anyone's Ego decisions changed since the teaser micro-site went up?

You can check the various bonuses you can spend your Spirit Weapon's Ego Points (EP) on by checking the micro-site.
    Some of the Unique ones are pretty snazzy.
    Like Staves unlocked +2 Chaincasting to Int Magic, Wands unlocking +2 Chaincasting to Fusion Bolt, Shurikens getting 1 Second Full-charge Sakura Abyss, and so on.

Though there's more than just the Unique bonuses, you can also get more general ones, like the ones that increase the Awakening skill's damage, or increase the effect and/or duration of the post-Awakening buff.

Oh by the way, the "Enrage" perks that say they deal more damage to enemies below certain HP means when the enemy you're attacking has 30% or less HP.

At any rate, I can't say my choices have changed.
    I still plan on Converting my Classic Ego Earthquake Cylinder into the new Ego, then transferring the spirit over to my Cutthroat Chain Blade.
    Though you can assign a new spirit type and name, I think I'll keep the same. A Male Cylinder spirit named Otosche.
    After that, I'll acquire two more spirits, one for my Tikka Wood Healing Wand and one for my Celtic Druid Staff.
    I haven't decided on names or which one gets what spirit specifically, but I do know I want both a Male Wand and a Female Wand Spirit.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Iyasenu wrote: »

You can check the various bonuses you can spend your Spirit Weapon's Ego Points (EP) on by checking the micro-site.
    Like Staves unlocked +2 Chaincasting to Int Magic, Wands unlocking +2 Chaincasting to Fusion Bolt, Shurikens getting 1 Second Full-charge Sakura Abyss, and so on.

Though there's more than just the Unique bonuses, you can also get more general ones, like the ones that increase the Awakening skill's damage, or increase the effect and/or duration of the post-Awakening buff.

Oh by the way, the "Enrage" perks that say they deal more damage to enemies below certain HP means when the enemy you're attacking has 30% or less HP.

I still plan on Converting my Classic Ego Earthquake Cylinder into the new Ego, then transferring the spirit over to my Cutthroat Chain Blade.
    Though you can assign a new spirit type and name, I think I'll keep the same. A Male Cylinder spirit named Otosche.
    After that, I'll acquire two more spirits, one for my Tikka Wood Healing Wand and one for my Celtic Druid Staff.
    I haven't decided on names or which one gets what spirit specifically, but I do know I want both a Male Wand and a Female Wand Spirit.

I'm settling on making my current ego into a Celtic Guardian Staff and I'll probably make a chain blade one too.
    I'm curious how useful a knuckles ego would be, if it's any good then I'm using my Revenant knuckles for the 3rd ego, if possible.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Sword, Staff and Chain Blade if those are possible. I've had my ego Gladius since I was able to ego it. =3
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    If I can, I'd put one on a bafhael hunter so I can give two cents about re-rolling for stats if Egoing hopefully would give a proper base-line "good enuf" stat.

2nd is my celtic howling for good dps.

With Alchemy so nerf to the point of meme status, Imma change out my cylinder for my sweet merlin knucks. 2 in one deal.(Staff+knucks)

Please let it be egoable.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Rhey wrote: »
    If I can, I'd put one on a bafhael hunter so I can give two cents about re-rolling for stats if Egoing hopefully would give a proper base-line "good enuf" stat.

With Alchemy so nerf to the point of meme status, Imma change out my cylinder for my sweet merlin knucks. 2 in one deal.(Staff+knucks)

Speaking of Bhafel Hunter, one of the ego bow unique upgrades you can choose is "archery skills don't use arrows when arrows are equipped", which a Bhafel Hunter/Huntress combo wouldn't need, so you could skip getting that bonus.

And alchemy does kind of need the max Erg bonuses and/or the Perseus/Revenant Cylinder/Guard Cylinder Combo.
    One of the Cylinder Ego's unique upgrades is to reduce the animation lock from using water cannon and wind blast.
    2eb78493e0.png

Also Merlins/Shyllien knuckles aren't egoable. :(
  • ThanaturgistThanaturgist
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,235
    Chain
    Bow
    unsure for the third, though
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Cylinder, Guns, and Chain
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    Rhey wrote: »

Speaking of Bhafel Hunter, one of the ego bow unique upgrades you can choose is "archery skills don't use arrows when arrows are equipped", which a Bhafel Hunter/Huntress combo wouldn't need, so you could skip getting that bonus.

And alchemy does kind of need the max Erg bonuses and/or the Perseus/Revenant Cylinder/Guard Cylinder Combo.
    One of the Cylinder Ego's unique upgrades is to reduce the animation lock from using water cannon and wind blast.
    2eb78493e0.png

Also Merlins/Shyllien knuckles aren't egoable. :(

Getting rid of the rng crafting stat middleman for a bafhael is all I want from egoing it. Making the ultimate upgrade a dud is an okay trade off since I don't have to play with expensive re-rolling.

When/if I can have more time to devote or it's cheap enuf to buy one I'll prolly swap my main ego back to alch.

And that's a shame about the merline knucks. Guess I'll just keep the classic ego as a place holder till I find/make a suitable swap.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    You know, there's only so much experience per week that can be packed into these new egos. So, maybe if you have a stock-pile of Gems from the October event, it might be good to gorge your classic ego first before converting.
  • kirbystarkirbystar
    Mabinogi Rep: 715
    edited December 11, 2019
    With each major update Nexon tries impossible balancing in Mabinogi. The latest example is erg update where one handed swords got least buffs.

With ego revamp the preferred ego order is
    Lance (for Lance Charge)
    Knuckles
    Chain Blade
    2 Hand Sword
    Control Bars
    Staff
    Bow
    Listed from best to average, Lance being Best and Bow being average. So Perseus knuckles may be the best ego weapons.

The order is for a general player. If you are elf then you will still prefer Bow ego.
    Probably when the ego revamp development started, lance and knuckle were the most neglected weapons.
    You can take a guess what three ego weapons giants will choose.

Hope this helps.
  • lingyaolingyao
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    Cylinder,Staff, and 2h sword/Chains
  • RaykaRayka
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,575
    edited December 12, 2019

how do you go to teaser?

edit:nvm found it, but it doesn't show bonus from enhance of new ego, where i can see it?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Isn't there no penalty for converting Egos? If so then I guess my three egos are whatever is best for the particular mission I'm gonna do.
  • YoridenYoriden
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,910
    Still working on my classic spirit weapon... unsure if it'd be better to just keep feeding her until I run out of gems and gem powder or should I switch her over to the new system first?

She's a female blunt r-'s butterfly fan. So not a great weapon and I should probably transfer her over to something else eventually. Pretty little host for just standing around and feeding her while she's at the lower levels, though. XD
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    I couldn't even talk to my Spirit-Weapon due to some «No Such Spirit Exists» error-message so in the end I was forced to Convert her.
    In the end I kept everything about her the same that could be kept the same... which were the name and image-appearance.
    Good thing I learned that I can Prof her by using one of those Long-Lasting Tendering Potions whilst Auto-Arrow-shooting Barrier-Sipkes in Provoke.
  • Goldtiger01Goldtiger01
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
    I decided to transfer my 1H Sword Spirit into a 2H Sword Spirit, and make my new egos house a Shuriken and a Chain Blade. I might change move my original spirit from a 2H Sword to something else though...maybe a Cylinder or a Wand. I'm not sure yet.
  • SaiiriSaiiri
    Mabinogi Rep: 510
    Wand Staff Chainblade.

I like my Wand AOE Awakening. It already does a crapton of dmg.