Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Royal Alchemists (Cylinder Upgrades)

Soren0x0x0xSoren0x0x0x
Mabinogi Rep: 500
edited July 11, 2019 in General Chat
They need to use Abyss cylinders to unlock the upgrades on Nao Server,because it reset after the merg.
  1. Doing this?15 votes
    1. Yes (Lets goooo)
       40% (6 votes)
    2. Nahhh (Afking playing Sims)
       13% (2 votes)
    3. RA is for fashion....?
       47% (7 votes)

Comments

• BellacannoliBellacannoli
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    It's been getting a little grating not being able to upgrade a cylinder because most RAs are afking or not using the weapons we need them to use, I've been ranking some of my lacking alchemy skills as a result to try to get RA, but it seems that I'm going to need to cap Alch tab to do it myself. x.x;
  • WinglyMeruWinglyMeru
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    Abyss cylinder just uses water cylinder upgrades. People have been spamming alchemy skills really hard, including me. The upgrades just won't unlock for some reason. I'll keep trying every day, but it gets kind of sad after going at it for several hours each day and only one person is getting the upgrades somehow. They just told me they were spamming water cannon like everyone else.
  • YomboYombo
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,245
    I use alch as my main attack but can't even get royal alch because of the title hoarders. I've got r1 in the important skills for the most part, but it's still not enough to get in. I guess when Ace turns to Profressor J i'll just have to rank up the skills I don't have r1, like shock, summon golem, aman crystalization, and metal conversion. Everything else is like r3 or higher.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Yombo wrote: »
    I use alch as my main attack but can't even get royal alch because of the title hoarders. I've got r1 in the important skills for the most part, but it's still not enough to get in. I guess when Ace turns to Profressor J i'll just have to rank up the skills I don't have r1, like shock, summon golem, aman crystalization, and metal conversion. Everything else is like r3 or higher.

To get RA on Nao currently you have to have every alchemy skill rank 1 and more journal points than the other people who apply, any skill below r1 and you won't even have a chance to get your journal completion compared to everyone else who applies.
    Yes that means you'll need r1 synth too despite it "not being important".
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Need every skill in game R1+ and then you got 1 in infinite chance of RA.... they need to up the amount of positions available because of the 3 1/2 server population all rolled together into 1.
  • ZarricZarric
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,510
    Obtaining these upgrades while being a Royal Alchemist is rather difficult and take time. It's a random unlock based on being lucky, with using most Alchemy skills. Been spamming Water Cannon every so often solely trying for any upgrades, but alas the fun of RNG hasn't blessed an unlock for me yet.
    I would love to see even one upgrade be found when spamming, but I have to keep trying unfortunately.

But yes, for me personally I haven't lost RA since I first got it, nor after the merge when I applied again. So it's quite unlikely while I'm active, here's an ideal of why though lol
    But of course not everyone is like this, so it's an example here.
    iRXNeSc.png
  • JoeyDee9JoeyDee9
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,065
    Member, Volunteer Forum Moderator
    I've been trying very very very hard to get the upgrades, logged many many hours spamming WC on barrier spikes, alas I haven't gotten anything yet. I did lose RA last week cause I was out of town on vacation, but I'll have it back Saturday and get back to trying.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    5 Months later and Nao Server still hasn't made any progress on these upgrades... I am guessing there is a bug that has gone undiscovered.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited December 10, 2019
    Is it possible to setup a cylinder to allow for continuous Raincloud, as in the raincloud is still up when cooldown expires?

And if Raincloud stops agro why doesn't rain?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Helsa wrote: »
    Is it possible to setup a cylinder to allow for continuous Raincloud, as in the raincloud is still up when cooldown expires?

Like if you had Rain Casting Cooldown Reduction and Rain Cast Duration reforges together?
    If both of those were high, especially 20+, you'd come off cooldown before the previous cloud dissipated.

What cylinder you use also affects the duration.
    Celtic Tetra amplifies the duration by 1.9x.
    Hurricane and Demonic Abyss are tied for second place at 1.12x.

Then there's the -10% cooldown bonus from having a 50+% filled Wind Marble via Elemental Wave.

And the aggro thing...
    Maybe it has to do with the clouds being lower to the ground or something.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Need every skill in game R1+ and then you got 1 in infinite chance of RA.... they need to up the amount of positions available because of the 3 1/2 server population all rolled together into 1.

It's not random. After that, positions are doled out based on the amount of journal points one has accrued.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Helsa wrote: »

I use a Revenant Insight Cylinder. My cooldown ends before my cloud does. It last for a pretty long time, so you can have two clouds up.