Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please merge Alexina and Nao MkII

HelsaHelsa
Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
edited December 10, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
The last time anything was mentioned, about this, was more than 30 days ago. So, I'm creating a new thread, as per site policy, because we wouldn't want the powers that be to think that this issue has gone away now wouldn't we.

Please merge Alexina and Nao.

Helsa0151 of Alexina
NegumikoKitini

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »
    The last time anything was mentioned, about this, was more than 30 days ago. So, I'm creating a new thread, as per site policy, because we wouldn't want the powers that be to think that this issue has gone away now wouldn't we.

Helsa0151 of Alexina

Eh, I don't think there's an issue with topics in feedback and suggestions unless it goes way off topic or out of control.
    But I guess it's best to follow the policy.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Nexon should merge all merge threads.
    SherriHelsaPolicroma
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Can we just merge them already, I'm sick of ppl complaining
  • HelsaHelsa

Helsa0151 of Alexina

Eh, I don't think there's an issue with topics in feedback and suggestions unless it goes way off topic or out of control.
    But I guess it's best to follow the policy.

Some wise old sage of antiquity once said "The best way to show that a rule is stupid is to follow it 'to the letter'."
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Nexon should merge all merge threads.

That made me laugh and I have not yet begun to drink for the evening; well done sir!
    Sherri wrote: »
    Can we just merge them already, I'm sick of ppl complaining

I'm not only still optimistic about that, I'm more so than I was a little while ago.
    KensamaofmariSherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Choose one thread to absorb the others.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Choose one thread to absorb the others.

Ash thread durbatulûk, ash thread gimbatul,ash thread thrakatulûk agh burzum-ishi krimpatul.
    KensamaofmariYoriden
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I still fully support having a full server merge which should have just been done from the start to avoid all these problems on forums now. mabi already has a fairly low population compared to most mmos out there. staying divided and leaving any server out only hurts the game. there are other mmos that do just fine with only one server and I have played at least four mmo games with only one server.

merging Alexina into Nao will give players a larger and more active community and new players will no longer need to choose between servers so the community no longer suffers from a shrinking community on their server. give Alexina players any tag you want, Nao should not have to go through a name change again and I am more then willing to go through a long and boring name change process for a full merge.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I still fully support having a full server merge which should have just been done from the start to avoid all these problems on forums now. mabi already has a fairly low population compared to most mmos out there. staying divided and leaving any server out only hurts the game. there are other mmos that do just fine with only one server and I have played at least four mmo games with only one server.

merging Alexina into Nao will give players a larger and more active community and new players will no longer need to choose between servers so the community no longer suffers from a shrinking community on their server. give Alexina players any tag you want, Nao should not have to go through a name change again and I am more then willing to go through a long and boring name change process for a full merge.

Most on Alexina would probably be willing to live with a tag, while Naowegians would be left alone, as price for a merge. Still if they did that in order to have a merge right now it would reflect poorly on Nexon. Having a merge now would show that Alexina was arbitrarily left out of the merge back in June, when it otherwise could have been included. Alexinans would be paying for Nexon's blunder, since, had it been included in the merge back in June, then Alexinans would have had just as much of a chance in the name sweepstakes as the rest. On the other hand, if Nexon made it clear that unlimited name duplication was on it's way then this could be done today, with Alexinans paying the short term price, with little to no complaints.
    Kitini
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    You guys meme'd the first unwanted merge into existence so I doubt it won't happen again. Pet names were already lost and IGNs were already stolen. I don't even know why people were allowed to change their names to anything other than what they had originally. Attention seekers stepped up their game since the servers combined. "Merged" people just afk with their big obnoxious chairs blocking walkways and NPCs. People advertising their Twitch channels, NSFW discords, and just having conversations through bugles. People spamming default music on auto-play in town. Not to mention the lag. You just get apathetic to most of this stuff but prepare for wave 2 if a second merge happens.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Cho wrote: »
    You guys meme'd the first unwanted merge into existence so I doubt it won't happen again. Pet names were already lost and IGNs were already stolen. I don't even know why people were allowed to change their names to anything other than what they had originally. Attention seekers stepped up their game since the servers combined. "Merged" people just afk with their big obnoxious chairs blocking walkways and NPCs. People advertising their Twitch channels, NSFW discords, and just having conversations through bugles. People spamming default music on auto-play in town. Not to mention the lag. You just get apathetic to most of this stuff but prepare for wave 2 if a second merge happens.

This is nothing compared to seeing empty towns and same people afking in same spots for weeks. I don't care about any "issues", if i don't like something i leave/block an that's it.
    Kitini
  • HelsaHelsa
    You guys meme'd the first unwanted merge into existence . . .

Unwanted? That's just your opinion man. The desire for outweighed the desire against. The result now is that most Naowegians are happy it happened. That ship has sailed. The idea that we memed our way in to forcing Nexon to act against it's will flatters us. Nexon merged the servers because they were dying and needed it.

Kitini
  • ChoCho
    Greta wrote: »
    This is nothing compared to seeing empty towns and same people afking in same spots for weeks. I don't care about any "issues", if i don't like something i leave/block an that's it.

But now it's different people afking everywhere. Towns are still empty excluding Dunbarton and Belvast. That's to be expected when every event quest NPC introduced is always in Dunbarton. Look how crowded the Coffee event made the Tara bookstore area. And I wish I could block a chair but those things resist blacklisting.

Unwanted? That's just your opinion man. The desire for outweighed the desire against. The result now is that most Naowegians are happy it happened. That ship has sailed. The idea that we memed our way in to forcing Nexon to act against it's will flatters us. Nexon merged the servers because they were dying and needed it.

No, majority of people didn't care. It was the same 20 or so forum accounts posting about the merge for months while dubious 1 post accounts came in to be "extra vocal" probably due to lack of fear of getting banned on their alt accounts. I saw complaints on reddit about how certain people were upset about their threads being merged/lock after having their discord friends bump their thread into relevancy.

The servers had low-pop/total-pop but merging is planning for failure. If there's ever an influx of players for whatever reason, (from some bigwig streamer/youtuber or an anime like MMO Junkie referencing it), there's no where for people to go. Mabi has a lot unique about it and people are still playing Runescape so graphics don't matter much.

They need to market the game better. Isekai anime is hugely popular right now. Mabi is literally an isekai. The "Entering the World" loading box used to make me think of dot Hack. It has the whole storyline of players being spirits coming to the soulstream from an outside world. It crossed over with SAO and Re:Zero. It basically has that classless, "learn any skill" system isekai manga keep using. They market mabi on "freedom" but I never see Mabi marketed on the skill system.

Games like WoW and FFXIV seem to be consolidating systems, simplifying everything, and removing player customization. Mabi shouldn't do a "Nintendoes what Sega dont" ad but should definitely capitalize on dying player customization.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Greta wrote: »

But now it's different people afking everywhere. Towns are still empty excluding Dunbarton and Belvast. That's to be expected when every event quest NPC introduced is always in Dunbarton. Look how crowded the Coffee event made the Tara bookstore area. And I wish I could block a chair but those things resist blacklisting.

If you live in a cabin in the woods, you don't have to worry about break-and-enter or noisy neighbors, but then you're living in a cabin in the woods.

No, majority of people didn't care.

So, much for the notion it was unwanted then. Not caring is neither wanting or unwanting. But here were just gonna disagree, most wanted it, and most importantly Nexon wanted it.

Kitini
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    People here really don't know what a "low population" MMO looks like. I've poked into Everquest II many times over the years, usually to check out whatever new content they have, but you're lucky to EVER meet another player anymore. If you meet a group, it's usually one guy and his 5 multibox alts. Various holiday events all year, but you'll only see one or two people around the event NPCs at any given time. And somehow the game still makes enough money to stay open. And no, it's not an illusion due to having more space to play on. There's a command line command that allows you to see the entire active population on a server at any given time. I've seen times where less than 10 including myself were online. Now, they did manage to get some population back with their "classic" servers, but that'll only last so long.

Meanwhile in Alexina areas event NPCs are usually crowded to the point that they're hard to click on without changing to a quieter channel.

This seems to be more about jealousy over the other server getting more perceived "attention" than it is about population issues. I'm happy with Alexina as is, and there are players out there (that I know of personally) that like being able to switch to one server to avoid drama on the other. As long as that's the case, the server numbers will never be less than two. Seriously, it's not happening. Please do knock it off.
    ChoPlatinaKoki
  • ChoCho
    Policroma wrote: »
    There's a command line command that allows you to see the entire active population on a server at any given time. I've seen times where less than 10 including myself were online.

I played Cosmic Break International on/off before it died. Last time I logged in, there were 100+ online, but since then they had merged the 3 separate lobby channels that had 100 capacity each to 1 big channel with 500 capacity. Seeing 3/500 online, including myself, I assumed it was mostly SEA players since I was sure a lot of Malaysian people played and I was just logging in at a bad time. Then the game announced it's closing a while later.
  • HelsaHelsa
    This seems to be more about jealousy over the other server getting more perceived "attention" than it is about population issues. I'm happy with Alexina as is, and there are players out there (that I know of personally) that like being able to switch to one server to avoid drama on the other. As long as that's the case, the server numbers will never be less than two.

Different people will have different motives that drive them. I suppose it could be the case for some on Alexina that they are "jealous about population". I've not met anyone whose thinking runs along those lines but I would presume such people must be out there. Unless, of course, wanting to have certain amount activity that they consider not present on Alexina but is on Nao constitutes jealousy? If that's what is meant then such thinking could result from jealousy but it could also be pragmatism regarding the gaming experience that drives them to play no longer being present for them. In my own case and everyone I've talked to in favor, we'd like the merge so we can all be together. We have friends on both servers whom we'd like to adventure with, without someone having to make an additional character to manage. That notwithstanding, if folks are motivated by jealousy then so be it. If they want it they want it. Whatever all our motives are, we want this.
    Seriously, it's not happening. Please do knock it off.

Knock off what? Calling for a full merge? No deal.

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I really wish i could facepalm myself so hard that i could receive a severe case of amnesia and forget i saw all of this merge denial, maybe hopefully forget this game completely as well. That would be for the best.
  • IcezeroIcezero
    Mabinogi Rep: 830
    I've been on and off Alexina for years.... But I started when the server first opened.
    Its honestly depressing. This server is dead. I remember when most of the channels were busy. You were lucky if you could fit a shop in Dunby so you went to tir, where plenty of other shops were located. I realize its not the same game anymore, but I miss seeing people talking to each other all the time. I think Alexina should have been included in the server merge. Id be willing to have a new name.. I personally wouldnt want the +Alexina thing though.
    Kitini
  • HelsaHelsa
    Icezero wrote: »
    I've been on and off Alexina for years.... But I started when the server first opened.
    Its honestly depressing. This server is dead. I remember when most of the channels were busy. You were lucky if you could fit a shop in Dunby so you went to tir, where plenty of other shops were located. I realize its not the same game anymore, but I miss seeing people talking to each other all the time. I think Alexina should have been included in the server merge. Id be willing to have a new name.. I personally wouldnt want the +Alexina thing though.

Would you be willing to have the "+Alexina", for the short term, if Nexon announced that they would shortly afterwards be implementing unlimited duplicate names? In other words you could have any name you want, except the F-Bomb say, even if other folks already had the name?
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    More advertising probably wouldn't hurt anything. (H)Elsa, although you may not necessarily be experienced with advertising and promotion, I do know that you have a YouTube-channel. Why not spice it up a bit with audio-commentary ? If you do not wish to use your own voice you could always have a Text-to-Speech Editor do the «announcer-style» commentating for you (such as Balabolka with the Zira Desk-Top English-language voice which sounds the least robotic of them all that I've tested thus far). Additionally, with a good Video-Editor (I now use Movavi), have you ever considered making a «Trailer» for Mabinogi ? (Can show-case the Jousting theme) Mabinogi hasn't had too many if any new trailers made lately (that I am aware of) so it could draw some attention.