Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Regarding the New Gems...

Goldtiger01Goldtiger01
Mabinogi Rep: 1,515
edited December 13, 2019 in General Chat
Hey everybody,

So I was playing the new ego revamp and transfered my classic ego over to a much more desirable weapon, and made 2 other egos of weapons I use a lot of the time. While I was doing my transfered-classic ego's quests, though, I got a quest to give it its favorite gem, which is a Heliodor. I had run the veteran dungeon earlier that day so was kinda annoyed by this, since not only could I not go back in for the day, but I also didn't get much of anything from the dungeon... just simply gold and potions.

So onto my question, does anybody know if there is another way to obtain these gems? I assume, especially since Nexon is known to have abysmal drop rates in their games' dungeons, that the gems in the veteran dungeon are given very infrequently, so I am hoping that there are alternate methods to get these gems. If anybody knows any, please post here. Or if you don't know, tell me what your spirit's favorite gems are just so I have an idea what the most common one might be.

I did read a bit beforehand on other forum posts, and it seems like fragmenting lvl 20 echostones is an alternate method, but honestly that sounds unreliable, lol. Does anybody know if metallurgy gives these gems? I might test that later tomorrow to see if it does.'

EDIT: Also, I do realize that there is a similar topic already posted, but in it people discuss more about how favorite gems are selected. I am more interested in how the new gems can be obtained.

Comments

• downbookdownbook
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,185
    It seems the current event gives you 1 of every gem see part 1 of the event
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JH5
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Yea the Vet dungeon is a complete sham when they announce "Better" rewards.
    Goldtiger01SherriOdinwolfe
  • KaibaAkayukiKaibaAkayuki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,225
    agreed i have run multiple at this point and i get better rewards in alby basic imo
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Apparently the Alban Secret Floor called "Paradise of Gems" was updated to include these new gems as possible prizes.
    PolicromaKitiniShakayaChaosShadow
  • AlshianAlshian
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Apparently the Alban Secret Floor called "Paradise of Gems" was updated to include these new gems as possible prizes.

welp, guess I know what I will prob be doing this month to confirm if its good enough...
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Alshian wrote: »

welp, guess I know what I will prob be doing this month to confirm if its good enough...

We ran an S rank Alban with Paradise of Gems with 6 party members.
    We spread out for max coverage and we got a looot of gems between the 6 of us.

12 of the gems I'd picked up were 9/10cm sizes of the new gems.

It seems quite nice, definitely a far cry better than Veteran dungeons.
    KitiniTreesShakayaeikoden
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited December 14, 2019
    That's an amazing tip.
    Kitini
  • AlshianAlshian
    Alshian wrote: »

We ran an S rank Alban with Paradise of Gems with 6 party members.
    We spread out for max coverage and we got a looot of gems between the 6 of us.

12 of the gems I'd picked up were 9/10cm sizes of the new gems.

It seems quite nice, definitely a far cry better than Veteran dungeons.

nice, forget the dumb veteran dungeon for not being able to be worth the effort.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    The least they could do is get rid of the old gems in the veteran dungeons...
    LuccatealOdinwolfe
  • AlshianAlshian
    Crims wrote: »
    The least they could do is get rid of the old gems in the veteran dungeons...

All I could ever wish for.
  • OwntrolfOwntrolf
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,000
    Imagine if you had the gems drop from the end chest, sadly its only a 500potion and one small bag of gold not enough to cover repairs
    Odinwolfe
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Owntrolf wrote: »
    Imagine if you had the gems drop from the end chest, sadly its only a 500potion and one small bag of gold not enough to cover repairs

I don't even have to imagine, that's just the reality of what's happening.
    Blissfulkill
  • AutumnwavesAutumnwaves
    Mabinogi Rep: 820
    late to the discussion & someone else may have already mentioned it.. but I have gathered some through metallurgy as well ^^
    Shakayaeikoden
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    late to the discussion & someone else may have already mentioned it.. but I have gathered some through metallurgy as well ^^

Tiny ones.
    eikoden
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Crims wrote: »

Tiny ones.

Still better than 9/10cm of the old gems, not including Diamonds.
    eikoden
  • ThisIsntMeThisIsntMe
    Mabinogi Rep: 765
    A few days ago I read a thread stating that metalurgy will drop the new gems but the rate is very low and ofc no guarantee on size (think hoping for a 10cm diamond with metalurgy)

Also I've seen a video of a new area in korea from G24 that has ALOT of metalurgy spots that from some google translate has a better rate for the new gems. The area however has OP mobs everywhere.
    eikoden