Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

[COMPLETE] Unscheduled Maintenance - December 17th

KatherzKatherz
Mabinogi Rep: 21,640
edited April 16, 2020 in Vault
Maintenance has been extended by an additional 2 hours. New ETA is now 9:30 PM PST.

Mabinogi will have an unscheduled maintenance on Tuesday, December 17th. During this time, the game will be unavailable. Maintenance is expected to begin at 3:30 PM PST and last approximately 4 hours.

Please note that the estimated length of time for each maintenance is subject to change without notification.

- Time -
Tuesday, December 17th
Pacific (PST, UTC-8): 3:30 PM - 7:30 PM
Eastern (EST, UTC-5): 6:30 PM - 10:30 PM
Paris (CET, UTC+1): 12:30 AM - 4:30 AM

To address the following:

• To fix an issue where the Forest Ranger Long Bow and the Forest Ranger Two-Handed Sword could be special upgraded. Any of these weapons obtained before this maintenance will be made untradeable.
  • Weapons obtained before this maintenance will be replaced with non-special upgradeable versions in a future maintenance.
  • Any items used to obtain the Forest Ranger Long Bow and/or the Forest Ranger Two-Handed Sword will be returned in a future maintenance.
  • Any new Forest Ranger Long Bow and/or Forest Ranger Two-Handed Sword obtained after this maintenance will not be affected.
  • To fix an issue where you could not use the Blunting Field Technique.
  • To fix an issue where a weapon with the Saint Guardian's Sword Appearance Scroll applied to it would appear invisible.
  • To fix an issue where attempting to use the Saint Guardian's Sword Appearance Scroll would result in a menu that could not be closed.

- The Mabinogi Team

Comments

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    The time has come!
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    This couldn't have waited until Thursday's Scheduled Maintenance because...?
    Tiernie
  • Juliet1972Juliet1972
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    I have 3 Yellow Hearts to sell cheap.

Filialover of Alexina
  • PampackPampack
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    he upgraded his bow 1
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I was gonna gacha this, but I've run out of NX. Oh well.
  • LastSaturdayLastSaturday
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    I'm going to miss the broken animations I really am.
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Pampack wrote: »
    he upgraded his bow

Who?
    Pampack wrote: »
    he upgraded his bow

Who?

he who must not be named.
    Sherri
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Most-likely there was a glitch that involved «variables» that were pointing to any random thing in the data-base-arrays.
    Such glitches are far too unpredictable as to where they might point to, whether it be your friend-list, item in a pet, flagging a quest as uncompleted and active even though you've already done the quest, etc. Something strange happened to someone's name on my friend-list yesterday night as a confirmed non-hack glitch.
    You wouldn't want to risk the possibility or potential of getting a bunch of accounts Black-Robed and unable to even login after all.
  • AlshianAlshian

From my medical opinion! The sooner the better!
  • ServilliusServillius
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    Buuut, I was hoping you’d be able to special upgrade the bow. Sad to hear you can’t.
    Alshian wrote: »

Can we get a 2nd opinion?
  • AlshianAlshian
    Alshian wrote: »

Can we get a 2nd opinion?

Nothing holding ya back my friend C:
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    edited December 17, 2019
    So, from what I'm gathering from responses here and elsewhere, I'm the only one who would have preferred not to lose four hours of x2 AP in exchange for some Celtic Swords and a single technique being broken for just a little bit longer.

Alrighty then. Oh well. At least I have more x2 AP weeks to look forward to after next week... :L
    Jastrine
  • sinthya5345sinthya5345
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    But why .. I just made a new char. Please be swift and thanks for jumping on it..
    Inb4 extended maint
    Sherri
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    The fortunate thing is that these sorts of things happen a lot less frequently and are a lot less «game-breaking» than they were once-upon-a-time in the history of Mabinogi. I also have both a 2x All-Skills (for 1 day) and 2x Alchemy-Skills (for one day) as well as a 2x Pet-Experience potion all in effect right now. I believe that those effects will be expiring in approximately the next 4 hours from the time I am posting this response. Depending on the severity of the issue Nexon has also often been largely quite «generous» with free/extra gifts as well as often giving «compensation» for lost time/progress/items/lost-equipment/etc (not that there also weren't times when strict penalties were dished out for so-called ToS-violaters such as being banned and a former time when the forums were regarded as being run by a bunch of anti-free-speech communists).

Even with the «loss of consumable-effects» that I could be using right now, I still have literally thousands of those Soaked Instrument Bags as well as Boy's Lost Toy Boxes yet to be opened which will surely contain more of those types of items for me to consume. I intentionally only open things as «bag-space permits» and if prior items have been sold before I open more event-origin-gift-box-type items (for which there are a lot of events which fill up everyone's inventory spaces to the point of even items that would/could normally sell easily for over 200K gold just being dropped all over the ground). It's like they metaphorically pump out more metaphorical event-food than my metaphorical-stomach can metaphorically digest.

I cannot necessarily say that I would have had a preference but, because I got so many other things I still need to do, I am kind of neutral on this one, regarding whether to wait until the following scheduled maintenance or have what-ever unannounced issue be dealt with right now. There is of course also the possibility that «Black-Hats» are potentially compromising the integrity of the servers, and has been known to happen before, in which case, you're better off closing off the opening caused by the security breach in order to prevent the potential for your account to get outright stolen from you. I cannot go into any more details than that without potentially triggering «forum-censorship» upon myself but I have given you plenty of clues as to why some people would prefer the issue to be dealt with immediately.
    So, from what I'm gathering from responses here and elsewhere, I'm the only one who would have preferred not to lose four hours of x2 AP in exchange for some Celtic Swords and a single technique being broken for just a little bit longer.

Alrighty then. Oh well. At least I have more x2 AP weeks to look forward to after next week... :L
  • KousukeKiraKousukeKira
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    edited December 17, 2019
    So I can't even sell the bows I got from the gacha? Will they be made tradable again? But I guess no one wants them anymore now anyway.

Thanks for making the few good things I got from gacha worthless as well, Nexon.
  • FreyaMiharaFreyaMihara
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    edited December 17, 2019
    Any items used to obtain the Forest Ranger Long Bow and/or the Forest Ranger Two-Handed Sword will be returned in a future maintenance.

Am I understanding this correctly as in... Items potentially traded in exchange for this bow/ gold spent on this bow.
    Or is it just just replacing ONE gacha that it came from because honestly I dropped a pretty penny for mine lmao, along with a few red ups :l
  • AlshianAlshian
    keep on giving me less a reason to buy gacha :3