Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Compensation discussion

ServilliusServillius
Mabinogi Rep: 745
edited December 19, 2019 in General Chat
Well, I suppose the lack of special upgrades on the bows made the gacha 80% more worthless for everyone. I also don't see the bows being sold since the emergency update.

The big question: Are those affected by the emergency update happy with the compensation? Those bows were selling for 30-50 mil. Did you get the gold back for any bows you bought or sold? And were the pre-update bows really that much more overpowered than, say, bhafel hunter or 67th floor enchant scroll?

Comments

• SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Personally I find it more funny that suddenly Nexon cares about game balance.
    NilremCrimsọnBlissfulkillBronzebreak
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,390
    No one did this gacha for the bow. The bow doesn't come close to comparing to bhafel but bhafel is a crafted weapon so I'm not sure why you also included 67th in that. Meteoroid is also better vs 67th too. I'm not sure who thought the bow being spec uped was intended though, it has no upgrades normally and it gets the wrong spec upgrade path too.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    This is why I don't gacha, waste of my money, wasted effort, and waste of luck better spent on other games that made ya feel lucky instead of a game with luck rigged from the core.

Few rng is not that bad but a game RUN with rng is just a nightmare.
    SherriGypsySpiritTwistedxFateGaby5011Radiant DawnKaga
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I expected a lot more ppl to complain. I had my popcorn ready and everything..
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    I paid 55m for my bow. It's now sitting at around 20m. 10 fine reforges and a lucky red/blue don't equal it out. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't displeased, but I'm glad i'm at least getting something in return.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited December 20, 2019
    Well at least on Nao lucky reds are something like 3-4m each right? Plus the 7m trade unlock and 10 reforges (another 10m). If you got 5 stones and the other stuff, that's around 37m in value. Plus you still have the bow, technically. Granted you can't actually sell any of the stuff :D

Doesn't really change the fact that they should've just left it. None of the weapons were top-tier or game breaking. They were just decent and useful for fun/hybrid setups that didn't revolve around having a bohemian set. I mean they released the forest ranger set which is top tier. Creepy haunted is gacha exclusive and top tier. 67, meteoroid, those OP music enchants, etc. The list goes on.

I think the real mistake they made was not making it a more uncommon drop so that they could milk more cash out of the gachapon. Since they missed the opportunity, they took it back.
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    Maia wrote: »
    snipped

The thing is, they don't unlock the excusivity on the bow. That's why they give the trade unlock potion. So really, I am losing out on a bit, and that's if I can sell the bow.
  • KousukeKiraKousukeKira
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    edited December 20, 2019
    I did not receive anything in my mailbox? Is the compensation only for people who had the bow upgraded?

"Additionally, anyone who currently had one of the weapons prior to Tuesday's 12/17 maintenance will be receiving a Trade Unlock Potion and 10 Fine Reforging Tools so please check your character's mailboxes."

Makes it sound like anyone who pulled/bought a bow prior to the emergency maint gets a compensation since it's now pretty much worthless.
  • ServilliusServillius
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    From reading the notice, I'd assumed that the gold would be returned to those who bought the item from other players.
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,390
    Servillius wrote: »
    From reading the notice, I'd assumed that the gold would be returned to those who bought the item from other players.

and what about the person who sold it? You'd be effectively taking 60m+ from them and giving them a bow worth 10m
  • KousukeKiraKousukeKira
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,320
    Did anyone receive any compensation mails at all yet? My bow is in my bank, there's no compensation mail anywhere.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I wanted a bow, but since I ran out of NX, that means I can cross that off my list.