Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

I'm stupid or what?

ValentinaValentina
Mabinogi Rep: 850
in General Chat
I did the goblin thief mission 6 times ! 1 hour of my life to run and hit him ! Bread and candles it gave me but pouch,,,none! I"m missing something or what?

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Did you hold a weapon while hitting him or were you bare handed?
  • ValentinaValentina
    I have a weapon!
  • HelsaHelsa
    Valentina wrote: »
    I have a weapon!

Hm? Maybe it had something to do with changing from one Earth day to another?
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    He's a real pain, I have to final hit him to get anywhere with him. =T
  • ValentinaValentina
    6 other missions 1 other hour and NOTHING! Ican not do this ***** mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate the goblin thief I hate this event !!!!!!!!!!!!
    Kaaros
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    The channel I was on crashed and now I have to do it again. -_-
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Using FH has worked for me... you just got to keep him until the mission ends
    Kaaros
  • ValentinaValentina
    FH?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    FH?

Final Hit. The OP hooman skill
    Kaaros
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I literally chased that goblin thief for 7 minutes until i realized that i can use Final Hit...
    KaarosMaerLaMiche
  • HelsaHelsa
    6 other missions 1 other hour and NOTHING! Ican not do this ***** mission!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate the goblin thief I hate this event !!!!!!!!!!!!

People have mentioned some kind of rollback happening. The Goblin thief mission is the third of three quests. Check to see if you need to redo the two preceding quests; maybe they got uncredited?
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Wait, what, a new Event-Quest ? Oh, I didn't even notice, but is it from that new one in my event-tab where I have to go talk to Saintee in DunB...?
    I need to cut down on all of this multi-tasking (or schedule my time/tasks better). Didn't even see this event until today !
    Also, for people who need to chase things down, you can use ShyLock's step (Persona) in order to increase your movement-speed by 100%.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Wait, what, a new Event-Quest ? Oh, I didn't even notice, but is it from that new one in my event-tab where I have to go talk to Saintee in DunB...?
    I need to cut down on all of this multi-tasking (or schedule my time/tasks better). Didn't even see this event until today !
    Also, for people who need to chase things down, you can use ShyLock's step (Persona) in order to increase your movement-speed by 100%.

I think you can set-up a personal quest list. So just have the ones you care about in it. You can also chase by using a Dreamcatcher, which is a weapon, and transforming into . . .

il_570xN.1338830989_3ey9.jpg
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Yeah, I tried doing this without FH and it's a bit of a pain...

I haven't figured out an actual good method yet.
    I mean you can try speeding yourself up using methods like March Song, or Guarded Footsteps. Movement Speed Potion could help too, or if you're lucky getting that bonus from Palalan Embrace.
    You can try methods of slowing the Thief down, like Icebolt, Celestial Spike, Dischord (if you can catch up while he's resting), Fantastic Chorus (short ranged and he can move out of it), Ice element Elemental Attunement, and if you're an Elf, Mirage Missile.
    Leinei
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 20, 2019
    Habimaru wrote: »

That's not your fault for not noticing. I noticed it today too after seeing this thread. Nexon was so on hurry for holidays that they forgot to make a thread about this event in forums so that's why i missed it too.
  • KaarosKaaros
    Mabinogi Rep: 980
    edited December 20, 2019
    Oh thank god for this thread. I came into the forums looking for exactly the answers I got here. I hate this quest so much, and I still hate it, but using FH helps with the sting.
  • orcabluewaorcabluewa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    No I'm dumb! I can't the "Little Elf Girl" to reset. I talk to the girl...nothing...I talk to the guy in Vales and nothing What am I doing wrong??
  • HelsaHelsa
    Talk to the girl in Filia, then talk to the Giant TWICE. The second time is when he offers the mission.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    equip a dream catcher, turn into a fox, lock on to the goblin and just keep pressing E. the fox always catches up to him and the mission is usually over in 3 minutes.
    GretaCaterex
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Although it might not amount to much there are titles (and 2nd-titles) that grant +1% movement-speed (sometimes +3%).
    Additionally, supposing you could get your hands on a movement-speed potion, that would also allow you to move 30% or 40% faster.