Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Alex server ch4 and 7 rollback

AlshianAlshian
Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
edited December 20, 2019 in General Chat
So i was doing shadow wiz HM to train throwing attack only to suddenly disconnect from the server, logged back in and whole and behold i rolled back to tir bank with my money back that i spent on javelins and with my training almost as if everything was only a dream....

I lost motivation if i am only just going to be kept from training at all!

The hell is up with your server Nexon?

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 20, 2019
    I'm really upset because it rollbacked to the point that game tells me that i have completed Snowflower Event, but my rewards from it are gone and the quest came back which tells me to use 2 Wishing Snow, but i can't earn it anymore because Lily tells me i already did it. Now i'm forced to afk play music 1 hour and 40 minutes to get another 2 Wishing Snows.

I also lost Homestead Shiny Snowflower Tree TWICE now because of these rollbacks.

Fix your damn game Nexon.

EDIT: actually got one Wishing Snow from 36 minute login. Ok, i'm not that mad, but still wasted 50 minutes.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Oh and another thing I might add...if you had removed anything into your inv from your pets when you rolled back...congrats that item is now lost.

Will Nexon compensate it? likely flat out no.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    If anything goes wrong with the event due to system derp, you should send in the ticket.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    When did the glitch, precipitating the rollback occur? And when did the rollback occur?
  • GretaGreta
    edited December 20, 2019
    Helsa wrote: »
    When did the glitch, precipitating the rollback occur? And when did the rollback occur?

About 3 hours ago, people who were in ch4/ch7 got disconnected and when logging back, these channels were on "maintenance" and there was no way to log into them.
    Yesterday after maintenance, i logged in, did event daily and after about 25-30ish minutes i got booted, logged in and left afk for 36 minutes, since i noticed my login rewards got reset so i assumed it was normal, but then i realize that all my dailies are back and some items were gone. Had to repeat it again...
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Greta wrote: »

About 3 hours ago, people who were in ch4/ch7 got disconnected and when logging back, these channels were on "maintenance" and there was no way to log into them.
    Yesterday after maintenance, i logged in, did event daily and after about 25-30ish minutes i got booted, logged in and left afk for 36 minutes, since i noticed my login rewards got reset so i assumed it was normal, but then i realize that all my dailies are back and some items were gone. Had to repeat it again...

3 hours ago would be around 9AM server time zone time. What time yesterday did you log-in (server time) and what channel?
  • GretaGreta
    edited December 20, 2019

3 hours ago would be around 9AM server time zone time. What time yesterday did you log-in (server time) and what channel?

Like almost right after maintenance. Maybe maintenance was live for about 10 minutes when i logged in since i went shopping quickly and for a fact i know the maintenance wasn't done when i was preparing to go shopping. But when i came back i tried to log in again and i was able to. So it was around 10 AM server time. Also was in ch4. I think i'm gonna avoid that channel now. I wouldn't be surprised if there an individual or a group of individuals causing crashes of these servers lately. It's mostly ch4 and i know it was happening like that month ago and it seemed like it calmed down for few weeks, but it's back again. Suspicious stuff happening i say.
    Also gonna correct myself and say today's dc happened about 2 hours ago, almost similar time when maintenance ends.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Oh, so that's what happened ? I thought it was just me and possibly my account being specifically targeted (not to seem hyper-paranoid or anything).
    Channel hiccup certainly explains things. Good thing I was only moving around potions to/from pets as far as items are concerned.

I think the developers have kind of gone over-board with the potion-rewards though. Like, the other day, some weeks ago, I ran Secret Underground Waterway Mission with a group where we pulled off an S-Class Grade-Ranking. Our rewards...? ...potions. 300 point potions. Now, I know I may have mentioned before in the past in the old-version forums that a wealthy society/community tends to be happier/friendlier than one where everyone is so poor that they struggle to even clothe themselves, but this is kind of over-board on the consumables. Did I not mention (on this current version of these forums somewhere) that consumption is best paced to a proper hunger-rate ? It's not like Milletians aren't able to produce/provide these things for themselves (Potion-Making; but, alas, this skill-set has now largely become obsolete).

If the development-team really wants to keep track of progress and have a more «statistically automated» version of player-feedback, they could add something like a plaque to the rewards-room at the end of dungeons which serve as a «survey» where Milletians «rate» their dungeon-experience «fun-factor» and «interesting» factor. Who cares if the «rewards» are «crap» if the dungeon itself was fun to run ? Oh, and of course, answering said survey gives you a reward (like the chance for one of those new Spirit-Gems or even as a «Dungeon-token» that can be saved for later/future-use, similarly to how Adventurer-Seals are collected for future Seals-Shop purchases).
  • AlshianAlshian
    I am just scared to even touch anything important in my pet's bag now that this had happen.

Nexon won't compensate because "reasons" which are rational but from your POV it too irrational.
    This is when you run earthquake drills.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I lost my hailstorm range reforge I wanted for a few days now

Screen_Shot_2018-02-06_at_3.37.14_PM.png
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    I lost my hailstorm range reforge I wanted for a few days now

Screen_Shot_2018-02-06_at_3.37.14_PM.png

My condolences.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    It's tradition. :)
  • GretaGreta
    Crims wrote: »

It's not. This been happening for months on and off. This never happened before, only when we haven't had maintenance for over 2 weeks.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I forget when exactly..sometime this week..? I saw a few channels in Nao crashing too
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Of course it's happened before. Some people might not remember due to occurrences happening long time ago (barring Mandela-Effect).
    Fortunately, server-stability has come a long way since then, when they even went so far as to upgrade the servers themselves.
    Sometimes, though, I think that certain MicroSoft updates may sometimes have something to do with causing problems for everyone else...
    I do know for a fact that they do run on Windows-related software as it has been mentioned in other threads before.

It's not. This been happening for months on and off. This never happened before, only when we haven't had maintenance for over 2 weeks.
  • GretaGreta
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Of course it's happened before. Some people might not remember due to occurrences happening long time ago (barring Mandela-Effect).
    Fortunately, server-stability has come a long way since then, when they even went so far as to upgrade the servers themselves.
    Sometimes, though, I think that certain MicroSoft updates may sometimes have something to do with causing problems for everyone else...
    I do know for a fact that they do run on Windows-related software as it has been mentioned in other threads before.

Bruh, how it's normal to dc happen literally 30 minutes after maintenance ended. I always remembered servers going potato only if we miss maintenance for over a week or more, not for few minutes. Like what.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    The «for months» thing seems unlikely to me as it would have (probably) been mentioned more often in these forums prior to this thread. To me the most-likely matter is most-likely due to some incompatibility of stacked events which may be sharing the same conflicting variables (coders/programmers should know what I am referring to). I have observed that the majority of these kinds of bugs/glitches occur when events are running. Turn off events and the bugs/glitches largely disappear.

You can have the most robust computer, excellent hardware, etc., but if your software has a code that causes memory leaks, it will crash eventually. Not saying it's a memory leak, but, most-likely, I am (wildly) guessing that there must be some sort of call_function trying to load non-existent event-code which could certainly cause any variety of crash-related problems... including server-crashes. I have seen this kind of «pattern/behaviour» of servers in other titles and it always seems to be when/around «Events» have been activated/stacked.

Another possibility includes Cloud-errors (unlikely unless everyone's latency has gotten so bad that everyone is complaining about lag).
    Habimaru wrote: »

Bruh, how it's normal to dc happen literally 30 minutes after maintenance ended. I always remembered servers going potato only if we miss maintenance for over a week or more, not for few minutes. Like what.
    Alshian