Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Channel's Going Under Maintenance

AmberleyAmberley
Mabinogi Rep: 900
in General Chat
Over the past few days, various channels have appeared to CRASH on Nao. Going into maintenance, not just one channel; but various. What gives ???

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Which channels on Nao, and what time?
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Although there could be any number of reasons for what causes it...this often happens if they stack too many events combined with too many multipliers which may cause variables to stack-over-flow depending on what might be going on to require so many calculations. Hmm, let me try to translate that into English, a metaphor of it anyway; it's like the game-calculator cannot handle so many simultaneous numbers and over-heats to the point of it being like someone's brain exploding. Basically a form of «system-overload» (like a divide-by-zero error) which is not unique to Mabinogi by the way; just about any popular multi-player game-title out there that makes use of any kind of old coding system always seems to end up with an increased frequency of «crashing» activity any time they run/start/end any new Events (and exponentially more so when they stack multiple simultaneous events running together).

I don't know where/how/why all of the world's programmers/coders/developers seem to code so similarly across platforms/corporations/businesses/organisations/etc., such to the point where the same kinds of things seem to cause the same kinds of glitches/bugs/crashes for any kind of similar [digital] product, but any of these development-teams only needs one «super-coder» who is willing to learn the ins and outs of the coding in order to create «uncrashable» clean code, then create the protocol-instructions for the rest of his development-team to follow (asking them to do the coding in Assembly language might be asking for quite a bit too much, but, it would be impressive if they could pull it off, given the fact that such types of programmers are usually often paid six-figure incomes by companies who can afford to employ their services).
  • rawrnyahrawrnyah
    Mabinogi Rep: 755
    I've noticed it happening 2 days ago on ch7 & ch9 at about 3:30 pm PST and on ch8 at about 2:30 am PST.
  • starkiller1286starkiller1286
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,790
    Helsa wrote: »

Happened to me yestderday on ch6 around 10pm est
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Borrowing @Osayidan's creation
    Happy Holidays
    8BIshUN.png
    Sherri
  • ChrystallChrystall
    Happened to me today. Nao Server ch3 around 3:30 PM-ish? and I had used a Fine reforge and 2 Premium Reforges and they're gone, the NX I used for them is gone, and the stats I got are reset back too.. :l