Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The Server UN-merge Discussion Thread

Comments

• BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Greta wrote: »
    Eralea wrote: »
    The best part about your threads, Bliss, is that some people seem to take them seriously no matter how preposterous the topic gets. It says a lot about the unreasonable demands we get around here.

Unreasonable demands? Any example?

Banning players for "using" the reaper technique.
    DraechChaosShadow
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited December 25, 2019
    The best part about your threads, Bliss, is that some people seem to take them seriously no matter how preposterous the topic gets. It says a lot about the unreasonable demands we get around here.

Ahhh that one. It was good, got some laugh.

P.S: I'm cracking up. Some people are legit taking this thread seriously... I only found it unfunny and cringy.
    ChaosShadow
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 25, 2019

This.

But I will say there are groups of people who use it to troll raids on purpose. They will have a handful of people go in and all have it turned on - also at high levels which causes it to trigger fairly frequently. They go in over and over till people quit wrecking the raid boss in under a minute. lol. Quite effective tbh. It does make them go away after a while, but at the same time has caused a lot of drama in discord raid channels.

They really need to fix that technique...it's now being weaponized maliciously.

(Of course I am not going to say who, don't ask. But it does need to be fixed).
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Gawd! I actually have MORE gold on Nao than on Alexina. I feel like an American Multi-national that desperately would like to repatriate its foreign capital; I really want a full merge now! :S
    HabimaruYoriden
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited December 25, 2019
    Someone hit the egg-na-nog really hard this christmas
    Greta
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    edited December 25, 2019
    Crims wrote: »

This.

But I will say there are groups of people who use it to troll raids on purpose. They will have a handful of people go in and all have it turned on - also at high levels which causes it to trigger fairly frequently. They go in over and over till people quit wrecking the raid boss in under a minute. lol. Quite effective tbh. It does make them go away after a while, but at the same time has caused a lot of drama in discord raid channels.

I wonder if there's a way to basically code that Reaper Tech to "turn off" when you enter Raid areas and then get it back when you exit it? Like how they disabled the ability to use Couple's Flight in them? That would combat the griefing,wouldn't it?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited December 25, 2019
    Leinei wrote: »

This.

I wonder if there's a way to basically code that Reaper Tech to "turn off" when you enter Raid areas and then get it back when you exit it? Like how they disabled the ability to use Couple's Flight in them? That would combat the griefing,wouldn't it?

Pretty sure there should be. But remember, fix or disable one thing on Mabi, break something else. Then they tell us "Oh we never saw this during testing." Yeah well no bleep. WE are the REAL testers. Thanks.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Leinei wrote: »

This.

They could just code it to work...

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Telling Nexon they could code is like telling Furghus he can repair >:3
    CrimsọnRadiant Dawn
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    It's too late to turn back now.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Sherri wrote: »
    It's too late to turn back now.

Exactly. It's ludicrous to even suggest it after everything we fought for and went through. Smh.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Still, bliss knows how to trigger folks, cheers! xD
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited December 26, 2019
    Didn't seem that long to me. If you want to see what people consider long, try going through some of my posts... ;o

Also, a completely separate server that is almost a completely different game in of itself called Alienogi would be my idea of allowing players to «un-merge» themselves, how-ever, requiring «Account-Conversion» as it would be a lot like characters from one MMORPG migrating to another one, kind of like what they are soon to be doing in the currently running SAO/Alicization-UnderWorld animé, according to the most-recent episode. I wouldn't recommend that they do it any time too soon though as its «coding» requirements would be far more complex than what they had to do to create both Mabinogi and Vindictus (which was originally going to be called Mabinogi II but ended up with the sub-title from Victictus of : Mabinogi Heroes), regarding my ideas for what would constitute an «Alienogi» world... with a more balanced and strategic/tactical «battle/combat-system» in place that rewards thinking smart rather than just spamming the same skill over and over again...
    noobodyzxz wrote: »
    unmerge is too much I think but some of the reasons does have a point its just unmerge is not the solution
    actually there are far better solutions.
    Wm5tR0Z.gif

So I have compiled a list of arguments as to why we should unmerge Nao:

-It would leave more channels open, meaning less lag and making it easier to play Mabinogi as a "single player game."
    1.Mabinogi is an MMORPG (massively multiplayer online role-playing game) maybe rephrase ur words with "solo playing in game"
    2. just move to a less crowded channel or request for devs to add more channels on nao,
    It's a lot easier to make new channels than create new server/revive old server including maintaining servers.

-There would be more spots to AFK in Mabinogi without people overlapping you or worst, sit spamming you like a horny 12 year old.
    1. have u ever tried to AFK in ur hs? if u think ur stalkers would follow u in ur hs just change ur status in the friends list options as offline.

-The hotkey issue
    1. I dont know if I ever had this or how it works.

-Interserver gang warfare has not decreased, and as a result, people associated with Tarlach are being oppressed by both Marians and Ruairians, which is fueled by the presence of servers tags next to our in game names.
    1. Just request for a name change or request to have the server tags removed or hidden.
    2. if u think the so called "Inter-server gang warfare" is interfering with the peacefulness of the game take pictures or record a video of them disturbing the peace or harassing others then report it to the support center or forums, just make sure that the names of the ones involved is clear so as the evidence.

-Alexina can then resume its reign as the go to server for new players/players who don't want to play on a dead server.
    1. Alexina dead? maybe to the perspective of others but all I see are players who prefer to be lazy I mean chill (im the one that is lazy), maybe the drop of grinders but the server doesn't seem to have change for me except for the price inflation and lesser items being sold.
    2. One thing I was hoping to disappear after merge are the bots taking advantage of free event giveaways.

-Gold inflation, less competitors in a market vying for limited clothing.
    1.Just lower ur price and/or increase ur variety. sell more stuff rather than sell stuff at higher price (a little tip for marketing)

-Smaller populations tend to be more compact, more familial. Would be easier to find a relationship in Mabinogi.
    1. true I cant argue with that but that seems weird coming from someone who wants to play mabinogi as a "single player game", not everyone can be kirito and have lucky encounters and build a harem despite being a "solo player/beater"

-The server has arguably already done its job of attracting new players, and thus there is no need to have a single server anymore.
    1. and u think unmerging will make all of them stay?

-Nao is a stupid server name.
    1. "Nao" this is worth arguing with (nope not really), this will make a bloodbath in forums (of crickets chirping in silence), no this will basically start the third world war (of crickets trying to be the best in chirping to amplify silence)
    (and this damn long post will basically be ignored most likely)
    So I'll put the most important part here separately
    programmers and all the members of the dev team are not gods/genii/infinity gauntlet.
    they don't do things in with a flip of a switch, a wave of their hands or snap of the fingers.
    every massive change they make takes hours,days, weeks,months,years of grueling work and sleepless nights, not even including the stress and depression they get when things don't function as they intended to. It took them months/ years to give people the merge, from making the decision, gathering the data of certain effects it does to the system, predicting what issues may occur and what steps they may take to provide solutions and a lot more. They just gave u guys what u wished for now u wish to turn it back to how it was. Let me remind u that there is a limit to a person's patience, I met people who reached the limit of their patience and did something out of anger (I used to attend anger management counseling and group sessions). Now back to main topic, you guys already got what u wished for it may not be what you expect nor is it perfect and still have a lot of inconveniences for now but its all they were able to give so be content and try to deal with some in your own way. You can also argue that u have limits to ur patience, but basically ur like a carriage passenger demanding the coachman for a smooth ride over rough roads/terrain after choosing the path yourself.
    Edit/Addendum : Just had to randomly add/throw this in here for good measure...
    1il1av.jpg
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Alshian wrote: »
    Bliss is prob drunk....drunk on MADNESS D:

You know Bliss is drunk when there are no puns in the post.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Alshian wrote: »
    Bliss is prob drunk....drunk on MADNESS D:

You know Bliss is drunk when there are no puns in the post.

I would figure there would be even more puns...
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Yes. I agree.
    11/10.
    Lutetium
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited December 27, 2019
    Wait, wait, wait, be careful what you respond with, because they might actually take it seriously ! O_O (I know there was something similar to this on the old-version forums where it was the response because the staff really did take some «joke» seriously before)
    Harukari wrote: »
    Yes. I agree.
    11/10.
    Alshian
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    edited December 27, 2019
    HOT TAKE: An unmerge would be great, not only would the economy improve massively and have a much smaller barrier to entry for new players (and players who don't buy 500m for cash from chinese websites daily), but frame rates at event areas and mission entry areas would also sky rocket. In addition, the real highlight is that the client's horrible memory leaking would also be reduced as for some unimaginable reason this 32 bit application feels the need to cache the appearance of every character that comes into draw range until the game is closed or crashes with an "Out of Memory" error due to not using PAE (Leftover of Pentium 3 min req from g1 before anyone was running 4GB+ of RAM and a 32 bit OS I suppose then again I've never seen PAE actually functional under Windows either
    I made a funny but for some reason upon posting the reply the forum at over half of it and I'm too lazy to write it all out again.
  • AlshianAlshian
    -tilts head- then why play an mmo?

I guess for a game like this that is fairly dead and plenty still online (if you look hard enough) but 70% of the time they just afk. (the events don't help with that)

nvm because mabi is free to play on a PC/laptop you likely have nearby but id prefer to find a game that "works" (At least a game that had some love left over as well as made fun.)

But eh, I was rather hyped about the spirit revamp but that became a bust rather quickly for the journey to leveling it up by feeding it somewhat rare gems instead of just USING your spirit weapon...ya know...staying online doing activity to level your spirit weapon instead of likely having gold to spend or do some big brain doing some cost/exp but takes up a lot of your time making it not so fun at all.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380