Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Ego update! (G24 Korea)

Comments

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Think of this new spirit as another extra upgrade for your weapons.

This only just means if your exclusive enchant had not already personalized it but this spirit will do just that.

You will lose nothing in putting a spirit into your weapon or prevent anything to make it stronger.

Your spirit weapon will not weaken once it is in a bad mood (I hope)
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Alshian wrote: »
    Think of this new spirit as another extra upgrade for your weapons.

This only just means if your exclusive enchant had not already personalized it but this spirit will do just that.

You will lose nothing in putting a spirit into your weapon or prevent anything to make it stronger.

Your spirit weapon will not weaken once it is in a bad mood (I hope)

Yeah, the mood system gets reworked.

Now it just affects two things:
    1. EXP gained from items (but unlike before you want to be at max mood for the most EXP)
    2. Ego Points (EP) gained at certain levels where EP gain is variable. (check the micro-site for which level ranges have variable EP growth)

As far as I know, mood doesn't go down over time, but every time the Ego goes up a level, the mood resets back to 0/100, so you'll want to fight/chat/hold your ego in between feedings to level it up more effectively.
    Alshian
  • AlshianAlshian
    I will be questioning my own sanity as I talk it up with my bloodied rusted weapon to feel great about itself.

Then feed it as I make the gems act like a choo choo train to uh where ever on the weapon is the mouth.
    IyasenuYoridenDarkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • michaeleelimichaeleeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    Can I still feed the old gems to new ego?
  • IyasenuIyasenu

Yeah, there are just new gems after the update.
    Stuff like Garnets and Spinels are such are still there and are still ego food.
  • lingyaolingyao
    Mabinogi Rep: 740
    My only concern is whether or not you lose erg levels on the original weapon when transferring to a clean weapon.
  • AlshianAlshian
    lingyao wrote: »
    My only concern is whether or not you lose erg levels on the original weapon when transferring to a clean weapon.

If your not losing the weapon on transfer the original weapon that had the spirit should not lose anything on transfer.

Unless your asking if the erg comes with the ego on the weapon then no, only the spirit would transfer while everything else is locked onto the weapon.
  • michaeleelimichaeleeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 720
    How expensive are the spirit transfers (New Ego -> New Ego) in KR? Because this means I can ego a weapon now..but still transfer the ego elsewhere, and sell my original weapon (with reforges, erg, enchants, and everything still attached. Just not an ego anymore) right?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    How expensive are the spirit transfers (New Ego -> New Ego) in KR? Because this means I can ego a weapon now..but still transfer the ego elsewhere, and sell my original weapon (with reforges, erg, enchants, and everything still attached. Just not an ego anymore) right?

Expensive?

Well the process of transferring a spirit to another weapon is costless at first, requiring you to only have 5 Elemental Removers and 1 Spirit Liqueur (the thing made from white herbs).

The caveat is that if you've used your spirit's Ego Points to purchase any special spirit upgrades, you'll have to respec them away before you can transfer the spirit, and that can cost gold (possibly a lot if you've purchased a lot of upgrades).

But if you're just looking to transfer to sell the original weapon, just don't spend your Ego Points and all a New -> New transfer will cost you is ~5k in elemental removers and a Spirit Liqueur.
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Yeah, there are just new gems after the update.
    Stuff like Garnets and Spinels are such are still there and are still ego food.

Oh, would say Page 3, but now we got an Official NA Event.

Topaz
    Star Sapphire
    Emerald
    Aquamarine
    Garnet
    Jasper
    Ruby
    Spinel
    Diamond
    Heliodor
    Bloodstone
    Jade
    Tourmaline
    Pink Sapphire
    Jet
    Opal
    Phantom Quartz
    Tanzanite
    Ametrine
    Green Heliodor
    Red Heliodor
  • GFKGFK
    Mabinogi Rep: 855
    edited December 27, 2019
    Lutetium wrote: »
    lucifern wrote: »
    1. Is it possible to apply the spirit weapon first and then do the upgrades ( like normal upgrade, artisan and rerolls, special ups or enchants ?)
    say I got halfway through the normal upgrades and suddenly made the weapon a spirit?
    Or if I didnt finish my special upgrade but wanted to spirit weapon it first and wait for protection stone events?

2. How about appearance scrolls? Currently, they cant be applied to spirit weapons so if I have an appearance changed weapon i want to spirit will it work after the update?
    I did notice in kr videos that they have appearance changed spirit weapons so was just wondering the order to do it ?

No order requirements, you can do ego at any point just like erg. Although I'm not sure what happens if you step 6/7 or enchant fail and destroy an ego weapon.
    Yes appearance scrolls work with the new egos.

Has anybody tried destroying an ego via enchant/SpUp already? Dont want to be the first
  • AlshianAlshian
    GFK wrote: »
    Lutetium wrote: »
    lucifern wrote: »
    1. Is it possible to apply the spirit weapon first and then do the upgrades ( like normal upgrade, artisan and rerolls, special ups or enchants ?)
    say I got halfway through the normal upgrades and suddenly made the weapon a spirit?
    Or if I didnt finish my special upgrade but wanted to spirit weapon it first and wait for protection stone events?

2. How about appearance scrolls? Currently, they cant be applied to spirit weapons so if I have an appearance changed weapon i want to spirit will it work after the update?
    I did notice in kr videos that they have appearance changed spirit weapons so was just wondering the order to do it ?

No order requirements, you can do ego at any point just like erg. Although I'm not sure what happens if you step 6/7 or enchant fail and destroy an ego weapon.
    Yes appearance scrolls work with the new egos.

Has anybody tried destroying an ego via enchant/SpUp already? Dont want to be the first

prob get destroyed if failed lol.
  • KaibaAkayukiKaibaAkayuki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,225
    they are destroyed upon failure just like any other weapon. think about it this way if you have a bird in a cage and the cage gets destroyed what happens with the bird?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited January 7, 2020
    they are destroyed upon failure just like any other weapon. think about it this way if you have a bird in a cage and the cage gets destroyed what happens with the bird?

It flies away? :/