Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

GEM FISHING EVENT CAMPAIGN

Comments

• KaibaAkayukiKaibaAkayuki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,225
    also for anyone who says that we should just do metallurgy? have you done metallurgy? the odds of gems
    even at R1 is still pretty low.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    also for anyone who says that we should just do metallurgy? have you done metallurgy? the odds of gems

That's why they're gems and not bubblegum?
    Holyspellz
  • HolyspellzHolyspellz
    Mabinogi Rep: 230

I average over 6-8 new gems an hour.

And back to my point maybe they arent meant to fall out the sky.
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    Gems currently are not hard to get. You get a lot of gems from spamming Theater Missions or Nowhere to Run Elite. If you are really desperate for 10 CM gems, you can get those from Blaanid boxes.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Liberate wrote: »
    Gems currently are not hard to get. You get a lot of gems from spamming Theater Missions or Nowhere to Run Elite. If you are really desperate for 10 CM gems, you can get those from Blaanid boxes.

The new gems? Nexon is pretty glib on where exactly to get the new ones, it seems. Are they mostly the same as the old ones?
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    Liberate wrote: »

The new gems? Nexon is pretty glib on where exactly to get the new ones, it seems. Are they mostly the same as the old ones?

Sadly veteran dungeon and event boxes for new gems at the moment. But once G24 hits and unlocks Tory Ravine there will be more efficient methods in getting the new gems and the custom glow effects for egos.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    You just need to run Nowhere to Run with a bag doll collecting for you. You'll have gems in no time. Sure, they won't be 10cm, but come on! They still drop like candy.
    Holyspellz wrote: »
    Man im new here but all i ever see is folks crying they want things spoon fed. Ever think maybe they want you to grind for something? Everyone is QQ vet as it is so lets make it rain new gems so all the spoiled players push it to dead content a month within release. Idk what gaming world everyone comes from but the game on easy street isnt fun. I love vets, i like a grind. You just want max stuff for free so you can afk in dunbarton with your kax ego. Its so silly. The gem argument will ruin metallurgy vet dungeon and any other method to obtain cuz it wont be "worth" it cuz u can just afk for better rewards
    May as well ask nexon to just make your ego max lvl day one. But youll cry then theres no challenge. I hope they dont do an event
    Heck i hope we dont get the mining area. Stop being lazy and actually work for something.
    Even leveling is easy im 10k been in this game for 3 weeks. If you cant be bothered to farm gems you shouldnt get a high lvl spirit weapon. Simple.

This person does have a point. We are getting spoiled. Everything is rushed. :(
    ChaosShadow
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    edited December 28, 2019
    Holyspellz wrote: »
    Man im new here but all i ever see is folks crying they want things spoon fed. Ever think maybe they want you to grind for something? .
    There are so many things to grind in this game. It's not a problem of not wanting to grind. Rates for new gems in vet dungeons are garbage. Metallurgy might help you get gems, but the amount needed to level spirit weapons compared to the time you put in is a bit mind numbing.

I like levelling in mabinogi. I like grinding skills a lot, that's why almost everything is r1. I'm a player who sincerely loves seeing my character progress and working for things. But I don't like rng when it has low rates. Grinding skills tells you exactly what to expect and how much you need to do. Same with levelling.
    Sai wrote: »
    You just need to run Nowhere to Run with a bag doll collecting for you. You'll have gems in no time. Sure, they won't be 10cm, but come on! They still drop like candy.
    This person does have a point. We are getting spoiled. Everything is rushed. :(

You can only get the old gems from nowhere to run I thought? Which give very poor exp compared to the new ones. Especially when they're tiny.
  • KaibaAkayukiKaibaAkayuki
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,225
    Ok so this was a very entertaining post. first gems are stupid easy even now. second the game IS getting to easy. stop whining about making things easier learn to play the game. Third im seriously disappointed in how many people took this seriously. it was a joke guys.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Ok so this was a very entertaining post. first gems are stupid easy even now. second the game IS getting to easy. stop whining about making things easier learn to play the game. Third im seriously disappointed in how many people took this seriously. it was a joke guys.

Hmm, nah.

But as should be obvious by now, it doesn't matter how much anyone wants or doesn't want another gem event.

It's gonna happen anyways.
    And lots of people are gonna take advantage of such events in the future.
    And continue to do so, on and on.

It's either work hard to get it done now, or wait and you'll have an easier time.
    Not like there's a rush, what with egos being permanent content.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Well YEAH now gems are much more relevant and we sure as hell will take advantage of such an event.

But I fear Nexon will make the drop rates for those events even more infuriating...
    Iyasenu
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    . . . or a Gem giving event NOT involving fishing.
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Because that's all we need are more afk events.
    Let's not.
    BronzebreakChaosShadow
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    And they should stack on top of each other...! ;O A dozen AFK-events simultaneously ! =D (Don't worry, I'm just kidding)
    Harukari wrote: »
    Let's not.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 28, 2019
    Harukari wrote: »
    Let's not.

Ok, more interactive then. Hokay.

Introducing the Gem Mining Event! Grind for special passes to go into special mining dungeons and use your pick axe to mine for gems with abysmal drop rates! Everything about this event will be MANUAL! NO NETFLIXING FOR YOU DURING THIS EVENT!!!

Oh yeah you are gonna love it! XD

*queue in the other majority of the community who rages about this tedious bs and not being able to do anything else but stare at the screen clicking*
  • DemoncatDemoncat
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    Get a good hermit stave a lv 19+ ice apear reforge gloves and spam nowhere to run elite
  • KagaKaga
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,170
    I mean.. we do usually get afk-fishing events that gives us lots of gems.. hope they don't change that now that we actually have good use of them.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited December 29, 2019
    I sorta see it that since these gems will now have a good use become more rare...come on folks I am sure you know Nexon by now...they won't make it easy on us. Trying to see what paying feature they could add to make money out of things in such a really annoying way.

Although I yet to see some pay to win feature to erg upgrading, mixed fillings about this...because you must have the biggest luck in the world to ever reach lvl 50 erg upgrade.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    edited December 29, 2019
    I just can't wait to see people still dumping bags full of gems on the floor for me because you know they still will >:3 if some idiots will drop direct dyes on the ground that are worth 2 mil each then they'll be dumping bags of gems too and I'll be there to sweep them up
    AlshianRadiant DawnChaosShadow
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Like how some folks dropped some pan gold boxes? Yea I am sure they will prob drop gems too.