Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

GEM FISHING EVENT CAMPAIGN

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Kaga wrote: »
    I mean.. we do usually get afk-fishing events that gives us lots of gems.. hope they don't change that now that we actually have good use of them.

Of course they will nerf the hell out it! XD
  • DreadhawkDreadhawk
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,525
    edited December 29, 2019
    [laughs in lv100 Ego]

Saved every single gem I got. Something like 50 pets full, all alts. Not a single one sold. Picked up so many gems people dropped because there were too many. All poured into my ego. I was ready. You should have been, too.

You want gems fast? Spam nowhere to run, or any money-making mission and buy them. You had 2 events in the last 6 months that rained gems.
    Sherri
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I could use another one. I've used all my gems up from the past two events. Also, thanks to those clueless people who dropped their gems (and they dropped their diamonds! HA!)
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    So all you need to do now is to feed ego non-stop and that's all? No need to leave it starve anymore? I still don't understand the new ego feeding system.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Greta wrote: »
    So all you need to do now is to feed ego non-stop and that's all? No need to leave it starve anymore? I still don't understand the new ego feeding system.

Yeah, that's right. You don't have to wait for Egos to get hungry anymore.

Instead their mood system, referred to as Bond now, was reworked to act as both a multiplier to EXP gain and at certain levels, starting at Lv. 55, determine the amount of Ego Points you gain upon level up.

So instead of waiting for them to get hungry, you just decide if a multiplier of up to 1.20x EXP (at 100 Bond) is worth the time it takes to get up to 100 Bond.
    It's not THAT long, but lower levels don't need that much EXP and don't gain more than 1 EP per level regardless of Bond value at level up, so it's maybe not worth chatting and fighting with your Ego at those low levels.

But it can really save on resources to feed at 100 Bond.
    Though just like old Egos, you don't NEED to feed only gems, they can still eat normal items, and the EXP a regular item gives does go up with its value, to a point. (No better returns above 1k value item, though)

And of course there's the whole "able to feed up to 30 items at once" thing.
    That can come in handy, along with the "Auto" button that selects 10 things per click, especially if you do something like grabbing 3~5cm gem drops from Elite Baltane missions, as was brought up earlier.

Oh also, randomly you can get a "great success" on feeding your ego, which will double the EXP your ego gains from that feeding attempt.
    It's not something you can rely on every time, but it can be a nice surprise. Just watch out and know that any overflow of EXP won't carry over to the next level.
  • GretaGreta
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Yeah, that's right. You don't have to wait for Egos to get hungry anymore.

Instead their mood system, referred to as Bond now, was reworked to act as both a multiplier to EXP gain and at certain levels, starting at Lv. 55, determine the amount of Ego Points you gain upon level up.

So instead of waiting for them to get hungry, you just decide if a multiplier of up to 1.20x EXP (at 100 Bond) is worth the time it takes to get up to 100 Bond.
    It's not THAT long, but lower levels don't need that much EXP and don't gain more than 1 EP per level regardless of Bond value at level up, so it's maybe not worth chatting and fighting with your Ego at those low levels.

But it can really save on resources to feed at 100 Bond.
    Though just like old Egos, you don't NEED to feed only gems, they can still eat normal items, and the EXP a regular item gives does go up with its value, to a point. (No better returns above 1k value item, though)

And of course there's the whole "able to feed up to 30 items at once" thing.
    That can come in handy, along with the "Auto" button that selects 10 things per click, especially if you do something like grabbing 3~5cm gem drops from Elite Baltane missions, as was brought up earlier.

Oh also, randomly you can get a "great success" on feeding your ego, which will double the EXP your ego gains from that feeding attempt.
    It's not something you can rely on every time, but it can be a nice surprise. Just watch out and know that any overflow of EXP won't carry over to the next level.

Thanks. And i suspected about this one.
    Iyasenu
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Dreadhawk wrote: »
    [laughs in lv100 Ego]

Saved every single gem I got. Something like 50 pets full, all alts. Not a single one sold. Picked up so many gems people dropped because there were too many. All poured into my ego. I was ready. You should have been, too.

You want gems fast? Spam nowhere to run, or any money-making mission and buy them. You had 2 events in the last 6 months that rained gems.

I did the same, but only with diamonds. I had a few pet full of them. It was an easy ride to 100. The only thing that stopped me was the weekly exp caps.
  • GretaGreta
    edited December 31, 2019
    Nexon:*gives tons of gems in every dam event*
    Players: Stop giving us the same trash!
    Nexon: *still continues to give event trash on and off, not only gems, but still enough for feeding hundreds of egos*
    *A wild Spirit Weapon Update appears*
    Players: WHAT ARE YOU DOING NEXON!? WHY DID YOU STOP SPOON FEEDING US GEMS!?
    Nexon: BRUH.

Mabinogi community in nutshell.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Nexon: *still continues to give event trash on and off, not only gems, but still enough for feeding hundreds of egos*

HYPOCRISY FTW!
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

HYPOCRISY FTW!

Ya
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    edited December 31, 2019
    Dreadhawk wrote: »
    [laughs in lv100 Ego]

giphy.gif

I feel bad for your ego...

Do you mean the newer gems, or the old rocks?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JHN

Winter Fishing Event is coming back.

It's the one where you go fishing in the Reus River, for those Glacier Felt, and the one that gave out the Igloo Fishing Chair.

You can also fish up Old Fish Traps, and if they're unchanged from last time, they will have 10cm gems in them. (and 5cm gems are a possibility)
    Who knows if they're updating them to include new gems, but I wouldn't count on it.

But hey, sooner rather than later, it turns out we're getting another fishing event that can award you with Gems.

And the G24 pre-update's starting so it seems we're getting pretty close to G24 finally dropping.
    Sherri
  • GretaGreta
    Well crap, this means i will need to finally finish that G23...
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Well crap, this means i will need to finally finish that G23...

You can do it.
    Boy howdy does G23 Part 2 has a ton of minigames in it, though.

Also bringing some potions and/or a fast pet to deal with the survival missions can be helpful.
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JHN

Winter Fishing Event is coming back.

It's the one where you go fishing in the Reus River, for those Glacier Felt, and the one that gave out the Igloo Fishing Chair.

You can also fish up Old Fish Traps, and if they're unchanged from last time, they will have 10cm gems in them. (and 5cm gems are a possibility)
    Who knows if they're updating them to include new gems, but I wouldn't count on it.

But hey, sooner rather than later, it turns out we're getting another fishing event that can award you with Gems.

And the G24 pre-update's starting so it seems we're getting pretty close to G24 finally dropping.

saddly it seems they removed the gems ;-;

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JHO
  • GretaGreta
    This is hilarious.

The event got postponed anyway, hahahah.
    This is hilarious.

The event got postponed anyway, hahahah.

Probably for the better.
    edited January 2, 2020
    Wow Nexon, I mean I wasn't expecting a hand out, but this is is just evil.

What, is Katherz suddenly going to start eating babies too?
    Wow Nexon, I mean I wasn't expecting a hand out, but this is is just evil.

What, is Katherz suddenly going to start eating babies too?

Is it?

Is it?

Iunno, I wouldn't put it past the GMs to start crawling in the wall and puke out unholy bile.

7bIO.gif

Gotta spray some holy water on this sh*t.