Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

We need a Transformation Revamp.

HakumaruHakumaru
Mabinogi Rep: 425
edited January 16, 2019 in Feedback and Suggestions
I feel like we are due a transformation revamp because Dark Knight, Paladin, Beast, and Falcon don't feeel as strong as they used to be. The stat boost used to greatly increase one's effectiveness but over time of generations and buffs and especially some titles one would rather keep over transforming no one feels its needed to do.

BUILDS & Appearance:
With a transformations revamp I feel like we need to drive and encourage unique builds. It can be boring seeing half the server look exactly the same when they transform so why not have a quest line or new drops that encourage building pieces of armor for that specific transformation and it makes your character look different. For example what if you wanted to build a super durable darknight that had an effect with his armor that absorbed enemy hp on attack or one that was built as an archer with movement speed so they can stay out of enemy range. One transformation could have an effect on their weapons and skills that they use and on top of that having a unique skill assigned to the unique build. Enchants and titles that are only effective when transformed would get people excited to actually transform again. Runs of dungeons or raids could be so much more exciting because of what everyone brings to the table.

This among other things is something I've been hoping for a while now. Its also an all inclusive thread please give suggestions as you see fit. I just want transformation to be exciting again
TolnaFaybalAlexLight

Comments

• TolnaTolna
    Mabinogi Rep: 825
    It’d be cool if they worked like Vindictis where they had thier own unique Crusader-esque skills and an attack boost.

Kinda wish they were at least customizable. I love how my Nascent can instead of an angelic thing, can be a dragon instead. Would love to see Edios for Beast/Paladin/DK or at least the ability to use a cosmetic rank A look while rank 1 or something.
    Hakumaru
  • FaybalFaybal
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,775
    I do feel that customization is definitely lacking in the transformations. If they can change Eidos customization, they can probably implement DK/Pala/Beast cosmetics.
    Cosmetics at the very least.
    As for the stats, I do feel that I receive a decent boost along with the passives. I go from around 2k HP to 3.2k HP on my All R1 Dark Knight transformation.
    Paired with a lvl 200 Jack pet and R1 Divine Link, It brings it up to about 3.7k HP, 2.5k MP, and 2.3k STAM, which is pretty good to me.
    My Stats generally also increase a decent amount, from STR going gaining around 100-400. But then again, DK is a little more random.

The enchants could also help, but I find myself never really using transformation aside from a quick MP recovery. Of course, others may use it in battle quite often, but I find that it suits my needs well.
    And unless these enchants provide a massive stat boost, most would probably opt to use enchants that are constantly active regardless of transformation.

TL;DR
    COSMETICS!
    Hakumaru
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    I wish my Rank 1 Infra Black could look like Chaos Knight again.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    edited February 12, 2019
    I wish my Rank 1 Infra Black could look like Chaos Knight again.

I think it would be cool if players could pick any of their previous transformation appearances as long as they have already reached the required skill rank to to use it. they could have a manage button on the skill list for your main transformation skill like dance of death does. just like players can select what dance they want for appearance purposes only for dance of death players could see icons of the forms they have obtained with their transformation and pick any of them.

as a bonus they could release transformation effects as rare drops in dungeons. for example a dark knight could transform, by punching the ground like how giants transform or elves could transform into Falcons looking like they are being consumed by darkness like how dark knights look. this way players could pick the transformation appearance they want to use and how they look while transforming. dark knight transformation effect as a rare drop in Albey dungeon, falcon transformation effect as a rare Longa dungeon drop, paladin transformation as a rare Barri dungeon drop, and beast transformation effect as a rare drop in the Par Ruins dungeon.
    AlexLight
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Would be nice to see revamp of stat gain in use of trans like: Example of Elves Transformation
    Plus 500HP + 30% Extra HP at rank1
    Plus 30 damage + 20% Extra damage at rank1
    Plus 30% Magic damage at rank1
    Plus 20 DEF + 20% Extra DEF at rank1
    Plus 18 Protection + 15% Extra Protection at rank1
    Plus 20 MDEF + 20% Extra MDEF at rank1
    Plus 18 Magic Protection + 15% Extra Magic Protection at rank1
    Auto Def of 20% damage reduction of all physical sources at 30% chance at rank1
    Allow use of current 1st and 2nd Title while in your Transformation as a Falcon.

That way low level players can still benefit from this transformation from the flat increase while higher level players gain benefits from both flat and bonus increase that grows with them in order to keep it viable as well as being seen as useful instead of it being forgotten.

Then you can focus on your build from here.
    skpkionAlexLight
  • aef8234aef8234
    Mabinogi Rep: 760
    They really should stop adding features into the game and start merging them.

Maybe instead of adding Divinity, maybe they should've merged transformation, demigod, brionac, spirit weapons, Echostones, AND crusader into a customizable form of Divnity. Since the lore did say you're using all of it at once.

A form that has reforges, a spirit weapon you choose (and it can be any weapon) that can be repaired by AP that buffs your "divinity skills" while equipped, the ability to use all demigod/crusader skills, and the ability to choose what stat bonuses you can have sounds like the perfect climactic form you attain during your ascension to godhood.

Not a hammer game and maybe two fireballs every 36 minutes.
    THICCthighssavelivesTwelieSoll
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    aef8234 wrote: »
    They really should stop adding features into the game and start merging them.

Maybe instead of adding Divinity, maybe they should've merged transformation, demigod, brionac, spirit weapons, Echostones, AND crusader into a customizable form of Divnity. Since the lore did say you're using all of it at once.

A form that has reforges, a spirit weapon you choose (and it can be any weapon) that can be repaired by AP that buffs your "divinity skills" while equipped, the ability to use all demigod/crusader skills, and the ability to choose what stat bonuses you can have sounds like the perfect climactic form you attain during your ascension to godhood.

Not a hammer game and maybe two fireballs every 36 minutes.

You're sounding like me :D lol. I think the game has too many moving parts and I always want to merge things into elegantly cohesive and intuitive systems. This gets two thumbs up from me. Don't forget alban emblems and falias relics.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited March 2, 2019
    How about:
    1) Give humans an animal transform too
    2) Allow combined P/Dk with animal transform so paladin/Beast, dark knight/falcon, etc. and let the bonuses stack
    3) allow going back and forth between paladin and dark knight indefinitely like you can with demi a la morgan/nemhain
    EDIT: and ( 4 ) allow E/G to become P/Dk too. Oopsies!

You could bring back the original G2/3/5/6 and shove the human animal transform in G4. Since the original G5/6 were during "the war" maybe add a time travel element to go back to the original vales and filia. Maybe give it a feather like Avon so you can revisit. Whatever.
    THICCthighssavelives
  • BlueblytheBlueblythe
    Mabinogi Rep: 840
    Yea, I much prefer the first Falcon transformation over the rest.

Heck we can even add dyeing options
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Blueblythe wrote: »
    Yea, I much prefer the first Falcon transformation over the rest.

Heck we can even add dyeing options

Yeah, Falcon first form, the red one is the best looking. The last one looks kinda sissy; nothing personal. Same with Beast the second last female form has the best hair.

• XxSWxXXxSWxX
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,215
    edited January 1, 2020
    I really want this to happen. Nobody transforms because it makes us weaker (removes our titles, transformed stats still affected by the cap and players are already capped, ect.). With all these revamps lately, maybe this is on the horizon.
    It might be more efficient to try also submitting suggestions to the Korean forum. Google translate isn't the best but that's what I use.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited January 1, 2020
    Heck, just making it so that we retain the affects of our normal titles when transforming would go a good way toward giving people a reason to transform outside of partially restoring lost hp/mp/sp/wound/hunger or as emergency invinc frames or hopefully letting us survive girgashiy's mineral hail due to missing shield
    Amaraz
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    let us Dan rank the transformations and use our normal titles to make transformations worth using in combat. getting a transformation to Dan rank could unlock a new final form and let us use any of our old transformation forms we have already obtained for appearance purposes. the Infra Black armor looks so lame compared to all the other dark knight armors. mabi is about letting us be whoever we want to be allowing us to play free with lots of choices so why keep so many limitations on our transformations. let the players choose.
    Servillius
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    As much as I'd like my falcon trans to be stronger, I doubt they will really revamp it. By the looks of the new gen stuff (ie: nascent divinity) they probably want transformation to be early to mid game. Having it also be end-game would be difficult to do and possibly too overpowered for the end-game players.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Amaraz wrote: »
    As much as I'd like my falcon trans to be stronger, I doubt they will really revamp it. By the looks of the new gen stuff (ie: nascent divinity) they probably want transformation to be early to mid game. Having it also be end-game would be difficult to do and possibly too overpowered for the end-game players.
    Or they could just scale it to total level and bypass silly caps like Shine of Eweca already does, transformation duration already has some scaling with total level as it is so scaling the bonuses with total level makes sense. Having it bypass caps is of course the only way to keep it relevant late game though.
  • ServilliusServillius
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    This is where I think Mabinogi needs Mabinogi 2. There’s too much of a mess to clean up, maybe they should start over? I LOVE the idea of merging stuff.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Or they could just scale it to total level and bypass silly caps like Shine of Eweca already does, transformation duration already has some scaling with total level as it is so scaling the bonuses with total level makes sense. Having it bypass caps is of course the only way to keep it relevant late game though.

Well that was my point. If you have a player who is total level 100,000 they will have too much compared to early and mid-game players, and will have an unfair advantage. Imagine being an alchemist with 7k HP from transformation, flameburst is based off current HP. It would have to cap somewhere to be fair to lower level players. (If you started the game 10 years ago versus a brand new player, they will never catch up to someone like that)

Maybe that idea doesn't bother some people, but I know it would bother alot of lower level, brand new players, and demotivate them to want to play the game when they know they can never catch up properly.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Well that was my point. If you have a player who is total level 100,000 they will have too much compared to early and mid-game players, and will have an unfair advantage. Imagine being an alchemist with 7k HP from transformation, flameburst is based off current HP. It would have to cap somewhere to be fair to lower level players. (If you started the game 10 years ago versus a brand new player, they will never catch up to someone like that)
    Shine caps at 40k, which is a bit over the amount of ap you need to cap every skill, no reason a revamped trans can't cap around the same total. Also I don't have to imagine using Alchemy as I do so on the regular, and you've revealed the fact you've never used the Flame Burst skill because the scaling caps at 2500 for Alchemy since the patch that added the new vital boosting renowns, Alchemy doesn't scale infinitely regardless if you have 7k current hp Flame Burst will still only gain damage up to 2500.

As for "unfair advantages", lets have a long drawn out discussion about reforges on NA where the feature has been locked behind a paywall despite content being designed around reforged gear and reforging being an ingame option in the game's region of origin via the Mysterious Reforge in the ducat shop and gachapon-only enchants and armor then, lets talk about the over 100 max from a pair of creepy+haunted accessories and how unfair that is before we try to say someone who's played the game being a higher level and having stats to show for it than someone who just made their account has an "UNFAIR" advantage and the parallels to a hypothetical middle schooler being angry about not having a senior engineer level job the moment they decide they want some summer work. Of course that may not be the greatest comparison since I'm suggesting the bonuses do have caps, where as capitalism does not have caps but I'm sure most people will understand the implications.
    Maybe that idea doesn't bother some people, but I know it would bother alot of lower level, brand new players, and demotivate them to want to play the game when they know they can never catch up properly.
    Leveling has been completely trivialized and I've got to 35k in around 2 years playing more casually than the 25k in around 7 years on my other character this argument holds no water post Blaanid+Baltane and the constant flurry of rebirth and forgetful potions that are dumped in our inventories from events now.
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Shine caps at 40k, which is a bit over the amount of ap you need to cap every skill, no reason a revamped trans can't cap around the same total. Also I don't have to imagine using Alchemy as I do so on the regular, and you've revealed the fact you've never used the Flame Burst skill because the scaling caps at 2500 for Alchemy since the patch that added the new vital boosting renowns, Alchemy doesn't scale infinitely regardless if you have 7k current hp Flame Burst will still only gain damage up to 2500.

As for "unfair advantages", lets have a long drawn out discussion about reforges on NA where the feature has been locked behind a paywall despite content being designed around reforged gear and reforging being an ingame option in the game's region of origin via the Mysterious Reforge in the ducat shop and gachapon-only enchants and armor then, lets talk about the over 100 max from a pair of creepy+haunted accessories and how unfair that is before we try to say someone who's played the game being a higher level and having stats to show for it than someone who just made their account has an "UNFAIR" advantage and the parallels to a hypothetical middle schooler being angry about not having a senior engineer level job the moment they decide they want some summer work. Of course that may not be the greatest comparison since I'm suggesting the bonuses do have caps, where as capitalism does not have caps but I'm sure most people will understand the implications.
    Leveling has been completely trivialized and I've got to 35k in around 2 years playing more casually than the 25k in around 7 years on my other character this argument holds no water post Blaanid+Baltane and the constant flurry of rebirth and forgetful potions that are dumped in our inventories from events now.

The reforge paywall is definitely a problem.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Honestly, I agree that the earlier transformations need an update. Demi is okay as is, even though I wish we could get more abilities for it, and Nascent Divinity has great customization, but I wish the items you could get were easier to obtain rather than spamming certain bosses that no one wants to fight.

But yeah, it would be nice if the initial transformations got an update. It would be cool if each one had it's own unique skills for certain races, like dark knight could sacrifice health for more combat and magic power for themselves and a party, or a Paladin could give health regen to itself and a party. It would also be nice if dark knight could get some darkness skills and Paladin could get some light skills. For example, dark knight's animal control could become an "animated shadows" power that creates helpers in missions. It would allow for more unique transformations rather than just giving us a small stat boost. I remember back when the best thing you could do was combine demi with your other transformation (depending on your choice of race and generation quest).

I think all the transformations should be able to be customized from the dressing room, and you could get different skins and things like Eidos you could buy with Pon or something (Someone was just saying that they wish Pon was more useful, and I think this would be a fun way to implement it.). I just don't want to have to do random quests no one wants to do for customization options... It's one thing to spam a shadow mission, but no one likes the Girgishay and Tech Duinn missions from what I've seen. I think it would be easier to purchase them from the dressing room, and would allow Nexon to make some extra money.
    Soll