Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Yay! Another Elf-Archery QQ Thread!=D (not really)

HabimaruHabimaru
Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
in General Chat
Before you read.. please watch this video closely. Only five minutes, but if you still want to skip to a really good part, head straight to 1:07 for the first part and ending at 1:19 (earth-world real «human» Archer, Lars Anderson, shooting 10 arrows in 4.9 seconds, ALL hitting the target). Although there are another couple of good/decent parts in-between, for the last good part, head straight to 4:35 ending at 4:50 (Lars Anderson running backwards and hitting three [3] thrown discs in 1.12 seconds).

Okay, now that I got your attention, this might be better described as a «This would make Elf-Archery more "fun" thread...» if Elf-Archery accuracy were not so heavily penalised for being away from their targets or even moving around. Giants get physical-skills bonuses right from the get-go and can handle pretty much most situations to progress through their Generations right from the get-go of character-creation using just their Close-Combat available skill-sets. Elves are a bit of a different story... elves trying to go Archery from the very beginning are going to struggle, and it's not "fun" to "miss" you targets constantly if you're trying to keep your distance. Not only that, starting damage is extremely low compared to other alternatives, and yes, yes, I get that people want to talk about «End-Game» Elves all the time for some reason, but, even amongst their trying to advocate for Elves being «Grand-Master» Archers, Elves sure seem to be reliant on the combination of Final-Shot (which has a rather long cool-down) and having to be at Point-BLANK Range to get any decent kind of Accuracy/DPS. Outside of Point-Blank Range and without Final-Shot ? Would it really still be considered the most reliable and efficient form of Archery compared to a Human's Arrow-Revolver, even IF they are both End-Game ? Would it ? Would i!? O_O (And we're talking from a Distance here whilst Final-Shot is on Cool-Down; I really don't know, I am just asking, this is just a question, please don't throw rotten tomatoes at me since I wasn't even trying to tell any bad jokes... O_O)

What if you're at the absolute maximum range your bow allows away from the target ? Then what...? It's been my experience that, when I am in a group, and I am using Archery from a distance, by the time my Aim-Meter even gets to 30% the target has already been defeated (this might be my Crash-Shot %%% but even Magnum-Shot does not necessarily aim that much faster from maximum distance), or the rest of the team has already dished out like trillions of DPS before I can even get ONE good shot in. Yes, there's such a thing as Urgent-Shot which never misses, but, as you've seen in the above video, Lars Anderson is not even a fictional video-game character, yet his accuracy is absolutely phenomenal, even when running, and he did not have to get into Point-BLANK «Range» to pull it off. Aren't Elves also typically depicted in most animé (if the animé has elves) as having absolutely phenomenal accuracy and extreme speed when using a bow and arrow, from a distance, mind you, not having to run up Point-BLANK to their targets. Wouldn't you be «laughed at» in Archery/Kyuudo school if you ran right up Point-BLANK «Range» to your Bull's Eye target before you could actually reliably hit you target in rapid-succession ? Wouldn't it ? Wouldn't the rest of your class-mates actually laugh at you ? O_O

Although I have an Elven-Bow Spirit-Weapon, I do not really use her has my primary means of battle, but I keep Bows (and Cross-Bows) around just because I got a whole bunches of Bolts from Baltane-Rewards (and perhaps from past Event-Rwards) to use, and usually for rather niche purposes, such as to speed up doing that «Under-Cover» Quest near Metus since I cannot do my normal human-method of Shylock's Step + Final Hit to get it done quickly, for which I would mount a fast pet for Mounted Archery, but, even then, in order not to «waste time» clearing the quest, I pretty much have to get up at Point-BLANK Range to my targets if I don't want to have a high potential miss-rate. Lars Anderson, on the other hand, was hitting 100% of his targets, even while running, and rapidly at that... anyway, I think Final-Shot needs to be made use-able even whilst Mounted. Yes it should. The Ancient so-called Native-American so-called Indians could pull off Archery on a Horse and hit their targets whilst moving (on a horse at that) and in the video above there was even talk about a Legendary Archer who fell off his Horse yet managed to shoot three (3) arrows whilst falling before going THUD... I don't think I am asking for too much... please make Final-Shot use-able whilst Mounted. I don't think anybody in their right mind would complain about Final-Shot being something that can be Loaded whilst Mounted (and I also got a few other ideas for a more «fun» mounted archery time but let's just go with this for now).
  1. The Ability to Use «Final-Shot» Whilst Mounted on a Pet9 votes
    1. O_O Hell, YES ! Why didn't *I* think of that...!? O_O
       11% (1 vote)
    2. Habi, boy, before you were even *born*, I already thought of this idea a *long* time ago!
       11% (1 vote)
    3. I'm still going to be «that guy» and say : No
       22% (2 votes)
    4. I just came here because I thought this was a «Elf QQ Thread»
       11% (1 vote)
    5. *ignores everything else and just decides to be amazed at the highlights of the video*
       0% (0 votes)
    6. Oh, no, not yet *another* Habi-Post/Thread...!
       33% (3 votes)
    7. I don't like any of these options... including this one.
       11% (1 vote)

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Why use a bow when you can stab things with a whip?

To get dex of course!
    Radiant Dawn
  • ChoCho
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,120
    You don't have to be at point blank range. Just be patient. The trade-off for not dealing as much damage as melee'rs w/o Final Shot and Ladeca is safety at range. If you want faster aim, use high range Bows and Crossbows and force an Urgent Shot before using Crash/Magnum. I think Crash Shot needs a coodown buff so it's 5 seconds at rF to 3 seconds at r1 because it's too punishing to miss it and have to wait 6 seconds for it to be up again.

Seriously, the only thing elves, specifically, need is a fix to the normal Ranged Attack lag they suffer. A big advantage of theirs is to be able to move and aim to 50%. If the freezing bug didn't happen, you could kite enemies around, like in a MOBA, by shooting them back, running and aiming to 50%, stopping and going from 50 to 100% and shooting. The freeze glitch doesn't happen while mounted but then you're limited to only archery.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Elfery
    Habimaru
  • VenescenceVenescence
    Mabinogi Rep: 835
    Be cautious with neologism : with "elfery", we can almost imagine that it is a skill where the player throw elves at mob ^^"
    Venescence wrote: »
    Be cautious with neologism : with "elfery", we can almost imagine that it is a skill where the player throw elves at mob ^^"

Bulbasaur, use elfery!
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    Elf QQ thread? Well, here is my 'elf QQ'

I'm sick of elf archery meta, make elf magic great again #MEMGA
    KagaRadiant Dawn
    Sherri wrote: »
    Elf QQ thread? Well, here is my 'elf QQ'

I'm sick of elf archery meta, make elf magic great again #MEMGA

Giant potato battle elf mage archer.