Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

GEM FISHING EVENT CAMPAIGN

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    3rdy wrote: »
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JHN

Winter Fishing Event is coming back.

It's the one where you go fishing in the Reus River, for those Glacier Felt, and the one that gave out the Igloo Fishing Chair.

You can also fish up Old Fish Traps, and if they're unchanged from last time, they will have 10cm gems in them. (and 5cm gems are a possibility)
    Who knows if they're updating them to include new gems, but I wouldn't count on it.

But hey, sooner rather than later, it turns out we're getting another fishing event that can award you with Gems.

And the G24 pre-update's starting so it seems we're getting pretty close to G24 finally dropping.

saddly it seems they removed the gems ;-;

http://mabinogi.nexon.net/News/Announcements/1/00JHO

Not surprising at all. Not one bit.
    Crims wrote: »
    Kaga wrote: »
    I mean.. we do usually get afk-fishing events that gives us lots of gems.. hope they don't change that now that we actually have good use of them.

Of course they will nerf the hell out it! XD

Indeed they did.

I'm not seething with anger at all. :)
    i am
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 2, 2020
    They see we want a fishing event. They give it to us yet take out the reason we wanted it.

Thanks Nexon. 9dnGeIh.png
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    I think they want us to do the new content to earn the gems
    tho it really is too much to do
  • SherriSherri
    noobodyzxz wrote: »

And not everyone can hold their ground in a Veteran dungeon so they kinda just made it worse for players to get gems
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 2, 2020
    Sherri wrote: »

And not everyone can hold their ground in a Veteran dungeon so they kinda just made it worse for players to get gems

It's even annoying for us high level vets. I mean it still takes us like 15-20 minutes to get through one run just to get your sapphire. 9dnGeIh.png

OH BTW NEXON.
    WHEN ARE YOU GOING TO LEARN TO RESET REPEAT EVENTS?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

Iunno, just get Alban Hall of Gems?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Iunno, just get Alban Hall of Gems?

Also pretty rare and it's only worth it if you do it on hero mode. EXPENSIVE run.
  • ArjuneArjune
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,890
    you don't need Heroic, you just need SS.... so do an adv SS run and you should get 10 cm gems from it.

sucks they removed the gems and gem powders though ^^; I think KR doesn't want easy mode for egos. I wonder if they've had any gem heavy events themselves since ego update.. probably not
  • xDerpxxDerpx
    Mabinogi Rep: 990
    did they remove gems as a reward for the current fishing event? because LOL.

or i just didnt see it on the list reward.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    The gems are a lie.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Arjune wrote: »
    you don't need Heroic, you just need SS.... so do an adv SS run and you should get 10 cm gems from it.

sucks they removed the gems and gem powders though ^^; I think KR doesn't want easy mode for egos. I wonder if they've had any gem heavy events themselves since ego update.. probably not

Actually on that topic, is there anything special about Gem Powders anymore?
    I mean their main thing for old Egos was that they filled up the spirit's hunger only a small amount so you could feed it more often, making them a preferable item to give to Classic Egos.

But now that Egos don't have hunger limitations when it comes to feeding a lot of stuff in a short amount of time, did they compensate the difference?
    Gem Powders aren't required for any Ego Quests, as far as I know, which would put them in the same league as old gems, diamonds, and regular items in that they're only yet another source of Ego EXP. Their EXP given isn't impressive, and it's not like Gem Powders are common rewards from content or events, either, so it's kind of strange.
  • SherriSherri

I still think its really stupid though, a revamp is all it takes for them to nerf rewards?

Also to those calling out hypocrisy, some people actually liked getting gems. I was one of them. I invested into my ego as much as I do now, the only change from then for me is now I can use my spirit in combat. Before I was too worried about durability because the old ways of repairing were absolutely stupid. So I guess its still justified that the rewards are nerfed for us too?
    edited January 4, 2020
    In all honesty, I ran through my entire supply of powders and gems. Only level 45.

...I wouldn't mind more gems and powders due to the event running. I hate having quests on hold.
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Actually on that topic, is there anything special about Gem Powders anymore?
    I mean their main thing for old Egos was that they filled up the spirit's hunger only a small amount so you could feed it more often, making them a preferable item to give to Classic Egos.

But now that Egos don't have hunger limitations when it comes to feeding a lot of stuff in a short amount of time, did they compensate the difference?
    Gem Powders aren't required for any Ego Quests, as far as I know, which would put them in the same league as old gems, diamonds, and regular items in that they're only yet another source of Ego EXP. Their EXP given isn't impressive, and it's not like Gem Powders are common rewards from content or events, either, so it's kind of strange.

They stacked. Not very much, but they stacked.
    Iyasenu
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

As I've been saying, might as well not even have this event.
    Sherri
  • IyasenuIyasenu

As I've been saying, might as well not even have this event.

At least it's there for players who don't have a fishing 2nd title to get one, in the Ice Fisher.
    Though if they don't bring back gem rewards in fishing events, then...

But hey, there's also that tiny, tiny chance to earn a Black Bag coupon.

... I already miss the gem rewards from this fishing event.
    SherriRadiant DawnKagaChaosShadow
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited January 4, 2020
    It's still crazy to think that before the gems we've gotten used to (10cm, diamomds, powders), we were super happy about 8cm gems, and before that, 5cm gems, and before that any cm of gems even 1cm. We were buying the cheapest clothing from the NPC to feed to our egos. Having a 1cm gem was like :o!

Madness.

I'm going to feed one of my egos a Bracelet just to show it how privileged it has been with it's rich people food.
    Then I'm going to feed it rich people food again, because I still have it.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    We used to complain about the gems. smhlol.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    We used to complain about the gems. smhlol.

THIS.
    Reading all of this makes me laugh now.
    CrimsọnBlissfulkillAlshian
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    It's just so lame how they removed GEMS of all things from this fishing event.
    You know what they should've culled instead?

Small potions (especially non-RE/SE types)
    Expiring items
    Cheap & Common Fabric/Leathers (and straps)
    Those dumb HP/MP/Stamina Buff Potions
    I'm sure I've missed a couple things, but it all comes down to near-worthless or almost-useless garbage clogging up event reward lists.
    And oh man, you know what there's quite a lot of in the Old Fish Traps from this event? You get one guess, but I'm sure you can get it.

But geez, the biggest source of the biggest gems have always been events, and removing this is just exacerbating the hugely increased demand for good Ego food, which is basically what gems are.
    Ego Hunger timer = Gone
    Ego Usefulness = Up
    Ego Number = Tripled (up to, anyways)

So if this trend keeps up... I guess everyone will have to get used to eating potion kits or something...
    But even that is ~16.666m gold per week to reach the 400k EXP cap, unless you do all your shopping on wednesday and/or at an allied Elf/Giant NPC.
    Per Ego, of course. And that's... less than desirable.
    I sure hope this is just a poor change to THIS event and that this doesn't continue being a thing.
    Sherri