Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Should I come back to the game?

Comments

• JulieyeaaJulieyeaa
    Mabinogi Rep: 430
    edited October 8, 2019
    That human best set up is mind blowing. I look them up and saw their stats. You know back in 2014 or whatever long ago. I spent $400.00 on the gacha that had Dark Knight Armour set. I manage to get all pieces. But sadly its just its basic form. I even dyed it and burnt off my Armour enchants and got lucky and put them on my newly acquired Dark Knight set. Which is now completely obsolete.

But now, wow forget this.

However to be fair enjoyed myself back then and pretended to be coolest around. Like they say easy come easy go. :X
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited October 8, 2019
    Reading a lot of these is pretty telling. Although I find that being blunt is much more effective:
    A simple and aggressive 'leave and never come back' would have sufficed even if it lead to probation. I will say this:

It doesn't matter if mabinogi has 30 players online or ten-thousand if you can only see chat messages from players standing 30 feet away from you. Game needs a global chat.

If you're going to return to mabinogi, try to find friends to play with. Never play alone because there's no global chat to play 'vicarious' with
    Kensamaofmari
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Kouyioue wrote: »
    Reading a lot of these is pretty telling. Although I find that being blunt is much more effective:
    A simple and aggressive 'leave and never come back' would have sufficed even if it lead to probation. I will say this:

It doesn't matter if mabinogi has 30 players online or ten-thousand if you can only see chat messages from players standing 30 feet away from you. Game needs a global chat.

If you're going to return to mabinogi, try to find friends to play with. Never play alone because there's no global chat to play 'vicarious' with

Trade tab is kinda global. Imagine people having conversations via personal shops.
    Wolfsingerpawcalypse
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

Trade tab is kinda global. Imagine people having conversations via personal shops.

...I'm tempted suddenly...
    Kensamaofmari
  • DanievictriaDanievictria
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,695

Eh, unless you're trying to get the few skills that require you to party up for, playing Mabi solo is actually really relaxing. I find that other players always want to move too quickly and don't really want to explore or anything, while I have a very chill and explorative playstyle. Also, trying to coordinate and communicate with other players in the text-based chat is kind of cumbersome, so that also takes quite a bit of the fun out of social play for me. But solo, there's where the fun is. No worries, no obligations, no wrangling with chat, no getting left behind because you decided to check that dead end for a chest while your team mates are just trying to make a B-line for the end goal as fast as possible, you have time to pick up your loot and check your stats and skills as you go, you can pause in the middle of a dungeon to grab a sip of your wine and a bite of cake while you pick a new TED Talk to listen to as you play...it's perfect.

Trying to find other players who are as relaxed and chill as I am is so hard I gave up finding people to play with a long time ago.
  • SinNightmareSinNightmare
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    MabiIn2k19 wrote: »

Compared to our "free" user who wouldn't ever get this without enchant protections, which are cash shop only, granted you get free ones once in a while but it's not nearly enough to cover all this.

Ult geas circlet ( amnesia +13/ Chorus +13)
    Langu chest ( long lasting +18/ heroic +20)
    Langu gloves ( Marquis +10 / backbreaking +15)
    Ult geas boots (amnesia +13/ symbolic +10)
    Any robe, destruction robe not counted as it's not realistic even for paying players
    Horned ring/rabbit feet ( amnesia +13/ Successor +6)

Totaling 140 max, attack speed 10, reaper proc 10

This isn't counting all the reforges that a "free" user couldn't have, the lack of movespeed boost, the cut def/prot and the insane amounts of luck you'd need to actually get amnesia 4 times. This doesn't count the different music buff that gacha only gives, the 2nd titles that are gacha only, the homestead stat items that are gacha only the list goes on. Before it's mentioned as well, it'd take YEARS worth of free reforges to even chip at what you'd need. Without the cash shop, assuming you have almost impossible luck you'd end up having 150+ less max, and no reforges resulting in maybe being about 1/3rd that of a paying player.

I know I'm late to the Party and all, but I would be remiss to not point out one simple inaccuracy to your argument. You keep saying that "Enchant Protect," is cash shop only. But... It's not. First off, you can buy it from the Adventure Seal Shop. So that right there is a fallacy. But then, let's go with the next argument one may have, "Adventure Seals take time to collect, and the Seal Shop is fixed to a specific day, thus turning it into a time game." Which, yes, both of those are valid arguments. So I would then point out the simple fact that you can actively MAKE Enchant Protection Pots using the Potion Making Skill. Thus, you just need to collect the ingredients, and, of course, train your Potion Making Skill.

So why am I pointing out this one simple inaccuracy? It's kinda small, and it doesn't really effect that much. Except... it does. Your entire argument is that the game is, "Pay to Win," due to the fact that certain items that you need to become stronger are locked behind a, "Pay Wall." But this isn't innately true. The above argument about Enchant Protect Potions I have just proven false. I could even include that the argument that states Revives are locked behind a paywall is also false, since you can trade Adventure Seals for Guardian Stones. Both of these points are also easily verified through either the Wiki, or the game itself if you so desire. So the question then becomes, "If you were so blatantly wrong on these two simple and easily verifiable points, what else could you be wrong on?" By not taking the time to verify simple facts, you undermine your own argument.

As for my take on this whole debate. I would say Mabi is not a Pay to Win game. I just beat G22 using free gear. But I have also been playing since Dragon came out. So I put the time in, rather than my money. Money will definitely make the game easier, but you do not need money to do anything a free player can't do. I rest my case.
  • MabiIn2k19MabiIn2k19
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,390
    MabiIn2k19 wrote: »

Compared to our "free" user who wouldn't ever get this without enchant protections, which are cash shop only, granted you get free ones once in a while but it's not nearly enough to cover all this.

Ult geas circlet ( amnesia +13/ Chorus +13)
    Langu chest ( long lasting +18/ heroic +20)
    Langu gloves ( Marquis +10 / backbreaking +15)
    Ult geas boots (amnesia +13/ symbolic +10)
    Any robe, destruction robe not counted as it's not realistic even for paying players
    Horned ring/rabbit feet ( amnesia +13/ Successor +6)

Totaling 140 max, attack speed 10, reaper proc 10

This isn't counting all the reforges that a "free" user couldn't have, the lack of movespeed boost, the cut def/prot and the insane amounts of luck you'd need to actually get amnesia 4 times. This doesn't count the different music buff that gacha only gives, the 2nd titles that are gacha only, the homestead stat items that are gacha only the list goes on. Before it's mentioned as well, it'd take YEARS worth of free reforges to even chip at what you'd need. Without the cash shop, assuming you have almost impossible luck you'd end up having 150+ less max, and no reforges resulting in maybe being about 1/3rd that of a paying player.

I know I'm late to the Party and all, but I would be remiss to not point out one simple inaccuracy to your argument. You keep saying that "Enchant Protect," is cash shop only. But... It's not. First off, you can buy it from the Adventure Seal Shop. So that right there is a fallacy. But then, let's go with the next argument one may have, "Adventure Seals take time to collect, and the Seal Shop is fixed to a specific day, thus turning it into a time game." Which, yes, both of those are valid arguments. So I would then point out the simple fact that you can actively MAKE Enchant Protection Pots using the Potion Making Skill. Thus, you just need to collect the ingredients, and, of course, train your Potion Making Skill.

So why am I pointing out this one simple inaccuracy? It's kinda small, and it doesn't really effect that much. Except... it does. Your entire argument is that the game is, "Pay to Win," due to the fact that certain items that you need to become stronger are locked behind a, "Pay Wall." But this isn't innately true. The above argument about Enchant Protect Potions I have just proven false. I could even include that the argument that states Revives are locked behind a paywall is also false, since you can trade Adventure Seals for Guardian Stones. Both of these points are also easily verified through either the Wiki, or the game itself if you so desire. So the question then becomes, "If you were so blatantly wrong on these two simple and easily verifiable points, what else could you be wrong on?" By not taking the time to verify simple facts, you undermine your own argument.

As for my take on this whole debate. I would say Mabi is not a Pay to Win game. I just beat G22 using free gear. But I have also been playing since Dragon came out. So I put the time in, rather than my money. Money will definitely make the game easier, but you do not need money to do anything a free player can't do. I rest my case.

This has to be a troll post... You can't buy them with adventurer seals, and you can't craft them the wiki you're calling on even says that. And wow beat the story missions that are scaled so you can do them with npc equipment and it only took you a year after their release? That's pretty impressive. Now how about you show us that mystic pathfinder title that you clearly have, you know being a veteran of the game that's only a free player.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Enchant protection with adventure seals? Unless you got enchant unlock scroll mixed up with protection...you are spewing madness.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I need popcorn for this.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Send me some D:
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Given how early in the morning (or late at night) that was posted (depending on time-zone) the Enchant «Expiration Removal Scroll» probably got mixed up with the Enchant-Protection Potion. Regardless of or if and/or whether there was/were any errors or not, even if there was a slight minor error, I witnessed long ago how a lot of those «media» (so-called «professional») skeptics would just throw out the baby with the bath-water (figuratively describing). Like, literally, I have read some of the books and literature of some of these self-professed (so-called) skeptics (more like pseudo-skeptics), and they literally come up with rationalisations like...: Well, if that author/scientist managed to make a spelling mistake in one part of his book on page 437, then the whole entire book must be wrong... I thus learned long ago that there was some sort of «agenda» going on behind those who called themselves «debunkers» as a result. I will just give the «benefit of the doubt» on this one that he was just probably rushed to make a posting for some reason.
    Alshian wrote: »
    Enchant protection with adventure seals? Unless you got enchant unlock scroll mixed up with protection...you are spewing madness.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Greta wrote: »
    I need popcorn for this.

IKR. Internet was supposed to be this place where we could all discover new truths together, with some unknowingly in the devils advocate role. Instead it's a contest, where those involved put their own self worth in the outcome of defeating or being defeated by Buttmunch55 over whether the Enterprise could beat a Star Destroyer, say. It's a place where what is said doesn't really matter, even "winning" doesn't really matter, all that matters is who gets the best burns in and who posts last.
    Why come back when WWIII is trending?
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited January 3, 2020

Like the old joke about dogs cleaning themselves: because they can.
    Helsa wrote: »

And they do.
  • VenescenceVenescence
    Mabinogi Rep: 835
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Given how early in the morning (or late at night) that was posted (depending on time-zone) the Enchant «Expiration Removal Scroll» probably got mixed up with the Enchant-Protection Potion. Regardless of or if and/or whether there was/were any errors or not, even if there was a slight minor error, I witnessed long ago how a lot of those «media» (so-called «professional») skeptics would just throw out the baby with the bath-water (figuratively describing). Like, literally, I have read some of the books and literature of some of these self-professed (so-called) skeptics (more like pseudo-skeptics), and they literally come up with rationalisations like...: Well, if that author/scientist managed to make a spelling mistake in one part of his book on page 437, then the whole entire book must be wrong... I thus learned long ago that there was some sort of «agenda» going on behind those who called themselves «debunkers» as a result. I will just give the «benefit of the doubt» on this one that he was just probably rushed to make a posting for some reason.
    Alshian wrote: »

Well, it's called a argument from fallacy :p

• HelsaHelsa
    Helsa wrote: »

And they do.

And they will.
  • The funny thing everything that has been listed you can just buy with gold in Dunbarton square or the AH. I hear a lot of complaints but that's it just complaints learn to be quiet if you don't like something like the rest of the world.