Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Potential Ice Fishing Event Glitch?

ThisIsntMeThisIsntMe
Mabinogi Rep: 765
in General Chat
I'm asking if anyone has been able to get the Black Bag coupon from this event so far. From all the sleuthing I've done, I have yet to find anyone that has seen one come from the Old Traps. There's not been one for sale that I've found either (Alexina).

Here's where some friends and I have the root for suspicion of glitch: The old Ice Fishing event had gems and gem powders available as trap rewards, but they seem to have been removed from this event, probably because NX doesn't want people to POWER TRAIN the freshly revamped EGOs (I totally get it too). The thing is this... any chance the coding got jacked somehow and the bags where also removed from the event?

Plz someone show me a screen of one of these coupons so that I don't feel like I'm going crazy!!

Comments

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Could be another dose of Nexon's Abysmal rates...

I mean it IS super rare even from the old event.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    It is a really. really, really, rare drop.

There have been screenshots of system messages showing that it dropped, but...yeah. It's super rare. The only reason that anyone is still doing this event is because fishing requires no effort besides logging in and setting up your character to AFK fish.
  • 3rdy3rdy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,705
    wasent there also a limit to how meany people can get a bag to?

how much you wana bet they didant reset that limit :P
  • ThisIsntMeThisIsntMe
    I wasn't aware that the bag was so special that there'd be a system wide mesage AND a total bag limit. That's insanity!

Might as well hope for finding a nice, crisp $100 bill on the street (sounds like better odds at this point....)
    Radiant DawnBlissfulkillWolfsinger
  • AlshianAlshian
    The fact they are making things limited is insanity...

I just wanted to believe in everyone can get it for as long as you put in the hard work but nope, this is more like you get it or you never will.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    everyone can get it for as long as you put in the hard work

This logic doesn't apply in Mabinogi
    KensamaofmariRadiant Dawn
  • AlshianAlshian
    Maia wrote: »
    everyone can get it for as long as you put in the hard work

This logic doesn't apply in Mabinogi

Sorry I mean who ever had the devil's luck o 3o
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    I'm more concerned over Pre-G24 Event Log In box... It's been a week and all i got every day was... Experience Fruit. Doesn't seem normal at all.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Greta wrote: »
    I'm more concerned over Pre-G24 Event Log In box... It's been a week and all i got every day was... Experience Fruit. Doesn't seem normal at all.

I got a training seal once. I think the fruit are the fodder prizes.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

I got a training seal once. I think the fruit are the fodder prizes.

When exp is considered fodder.
    BlissfulkillRadiant Dawn
  • AlshianAlshian
    Bummed the exp fruits expire...could use them when I need them lol
    Kensamaofmari
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

They are supposed to go with the rebirth potions.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

First day gave me one of those Choose-An-Alban-Training-Stone Boxes, I chose Paradise of Gems obviously lol but idk when I'll ever run it considering I can't survive Heroic at all lol
    I've also gotten Notorious Magic Powder once, but it went to a failed enchant.
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    edited January 9, 2020
    The only people who are going to get that bag are the people who abuse alts/multi-client. :v

And even then... Not many of them will get it. It's no different than the last iteration of this event, so there's no point in trying.
  • ThisIsntMeThisIsntMe
    It's sad when most of the community knows that the only ones that will benefit from an event that's supposed to be fun and for everyone is the people that abuse the game mechanics.....
    SherriChaosShadow
  • THICCthighssavelivesTHICCthighssavelives
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,855
    I still have about 1000 traps from the previous reus river ice fishing event. I wonder if it'll have the old drops. I hope they're not deleted...
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    I still have about 1000 traps from the previous reus river ice fishing event. I wonder if it'll have the old drops. I hope they're not deleted...

They have a different item ID, you're good.
  • YaranaikaYaranaika
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,080
    3rdy wrote: »

Isn't this something nexon should state when they release events like this? Everyone wonders if this bag even exists, like I go ham on every event and have been for years since they mentioned this black bag and no matter the thousands and thousands of things i open or things i do i've never seen it all these years or heard anyone get it lol. It's always just "yeah i'm sure someone got it"
  • orcabluewaorcabluewa
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,330
    I went to turn in the last glacier smelt to make it 130 and Jan doesn't respond to it and give me the reward. I actually have a total of 158. Did anyone else have this problem?
  • HuwHuw
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
    Yaranaika wrote: »
    3rdy wrote: »

Isn't this something nexon should state when they release events like this? Everyone wonders if this bag even exists, like I go ham on every event and have been for years since they mentioned this black bag and no matter the thousands and thousands of things i open or things i do i've never seen it all these years or heard anyone get it lol. It's always just "yeah i'm sure someone got it"

This is why people resort to duplicating items. Even if said Vigilante is doing heroic work for others, it shouldn't be commended and therefore punishment will still be swiftly given out. Instead, equality for all should be prioritized by the company. Hopefully the black bag drop rate is just a bug and one will be issued as a compensation fix to all those that participated in the event, though make it un-tradable, even via drop trade like the Aeria bookbag so ign merchants can't "qq" / "buW mAh prOfiTs"