Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Expiring in 3 days now...

CrimsọnCrimsọn
Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
in General Chat
Remember when we were mad about event items expiring in 6 days?

Well now they expire in 3 days.

Definitely not amused.
SaiRadiant DawnSherriLutetiumChaosShadowHelsa

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Next in line:
    Items that expire

In 10 seconds.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    It's better than 72 hours, at least. :/
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    It's better than 72 hours, at least. :/

S... sure...
    Crimsọn
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Would be funny to get a glitched event with items that are DoA.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    No next they are just going to either give us stuff that has already expired, or nothing at all.
  • WliaWlia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    edited January 17, 2020
    3 days ? god fudge this..... i thrown away SO many upgrade stones and other stuff since i simply didnt have the time or the items to use the stuff on i really donno why the hell they cant just make the stuff permanent...
    TwelieCrimsọnLutetium
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Well the crystals they give for VIP service expires a few hours after you get them.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 17, 2020
    Whatever, I guess events just suck even more now. Instead of being able to AT LEAST stockpile items for 6 days and THEN finding time to do stuff I am now just gonna instantly throw away EVERYTHING.

Thanks Nexon, Devcat. That's another nail.
    ArrivedHelsa
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I'm beyond giving a beaver dam. I just expect to throw expiring crap on the ground now. Now, when new events are announced I go right to the reward page and decide if I'll bother. This latest one: a trench coat and boots from MEC, woop dee doo.

Crims wrote: »
    Whatever, I guess events just suck even more now. Instead of being able to AT LEAST stockpile items for 6 days and THEN finding time to do stuff I am now just gonna instantly throw away EVERYTHING.

We saw your inventory image post last month, unless you've used all those blue tickets you don't have space anyway; it's probably just as well the latest stuff is garbage. ;)

BTW there are some sneaky changes they added just recently:
    1) human and giant rebirth shoes can no long be turned in for gold.
    2) there's a version of the giant gold pouch that cannot be sold or transferred.
    SherriWolfsinger
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Events...events....were they suppose to keep us? Or lose us?
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 17, 2020
    Helsa wrote: »
    I'm beyond giving a beaver dam. I just expect to throw expiring crap on the ground now. Now, when new events are announced I go right to the reward page and decide if I'll bother. This latest one: a trench coat and boots from MEC, woop dee doo.

We saw your inventory image post last month, unless you've used all those blue tickets you don't have space anyway; it's probably just as well the latest stuff is garbage. ;)

BTW there are some sneaky changes they added just recently:
    1) human and giant rebirth shoes can no long be turned in for gold.
    2) there's a version of the giant gold pouch that cannot be sold or transferred.

THEY DON'T EXPIRE. THAT'S THE BLOODY POINT. I CAN'T GET WHAT I WANT BECAUSE THEY KNOW!
    THEY KNOOOOOOWWWWWW!!!

Bastards. They don't want people getting to 40k and then quitting.

FINE NEXON, I WILL DROP THE WHOLE LOT. WILL YOU GIVE US TRUE UNLIMITED REBIRTH THEN???
    Helsa
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited January 18, 2020
    Even more problematic for me since I am on Int'l overseas-travels. Definitely need «memes» about expiring items...
    d3r4psn-ce3c695a-a562-4dd1-88e8-6a391e952ce5.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTpmaWxlLmRvd25sb2FkIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi85ZjIzNmQyOS01NTM4LTQxMmUtOWQzZC0xZGVmYjY3MDM3NzMvZDNyNHBzbi1jZTNjNjk1YS1hNTYyLTRkZDEtODhlOC02YTM5MWU5NTJjZTUuanBnIn1dXX0.f8M3RNNMEEuoI7ymDE6VYRNZvv4GC9cKAqsb44cPttw
    (Image from a user-account on DeviantArt known as «Fleet-Feet» ...wonder if coincidence... I has those shoes btw)

Perhaps the shorter «expiration» timers are some sort of subliminal-message that they are trying to send as a subtle hint about the remaining life-span of Mabinogi itself...? And, let us not forget, that, even after 8 million $$$ that was invested into Peria-Chronicles, for some reason Nexon decided to discontinue the development of that title and the project was entirely scrapped. What, exactly, are they trying to tell us here with these expiration-timers...? Don't blame me for so-called FUD! Blame those unreasonable Expiration-Timers !

Lahk, srsly, I'd rather has dismal drop-rates for permanent (and trade-able) items than be flooded with dozens of expiring ones... what next...? ...some Item-Expiration-Removal-Potion that ironically expires itself...!? At least I know I will always have one (potentially) good use for expiring items... dropping them onto Dungeon-Lobbies for the normal/regular versions of those dungeons (or as offerings for Par/Longa/Karu/etc).
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 18, 2020
    There's also apparently Mission Point Event going on as well lol.

No way i'm gonna do that hell all over again. Not worth it for a re-skinned coat.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 18, 2020
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Even more problematic for me since I am on Int'l overseas-travels. Definitely need «memes» about expiring items...
    d3r4psn-ce3c695a-a562-4dd1-88e8-6a391e952ce5.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJpc3MiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwic3ViIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTpmaWxlLmRvd25sb2FkIl0sIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiIvZi85ZjIzNmQyOS01NTM4LTQxMmUtOWQzZC0xZGVmYjY3MDM3NzMvZDNyNHBzbi1jZTNjNjk1YS1hNTYyLTRkZDEtODhlOC02YTM5MWU5NTJjZTUuanBnIn1dXX0.f8M3RNNMEEuoI7ymDE6VYRNZvv4GC9cKAqsb44cPttw
    (Image from a user-account on DeviantArt known as «Fleet-Feet» ...wonder if coincidence... I has those shoes btw)

Perhaps the shorter «expiration» timers are some sort of subliminal-message that they are trying to send as a subtle hint about the remaining life-span of Mabinogi itself...? And, let us not forget, that, even after 8 million $$$ that was invested into Peria-Chronicles, for some reason Nexon decided to discontinue the development of that title and the project was entirely scrapped. What, exactly, are they trying to tell us here with these expiration-timers...? Don't blame me for so-called FUD! Blame those unreasonable Expiration-Timers !

Lahk, srsly, I'd rather has dismal drop-rates for permanent (and trade-able) items than be flooded with dozens of expiring ones... what next...? ...some Item-Expiration-Removal-Potion that ironically expires itself...!? At least I know I will always have one (potentially) good use for expiring items... dropping them onto Dungeon-Lobbies for the normal/regular versions of those dungeons (or as offerings for Par/Longa/Karu/etc).

2019 was a terrible year for Nexon. Old bat is going to be making everyone pay for his mistakes for years. I won't mention any names, but you guys know who I am talking about. :)

And Habi don't mention that old guy's name on here, they will delete your comment and place a warning on your account.
    Helsa
  • ShakayaShakaya
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,075
    Yea I'm just throwing everything on the ground except for the experience fruits. I'm completely ignoring the mission point event as well. It would be nice to get protective stones that don't expire from events again in the future. :/
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    It's like they threw dirt in my face for the Suggestion thread I made about removing timers completely from event items.

Hahaha...ohh.. :(
    LutetiumRadiant Dawn
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Expiring event items are cancerous, untradable ones are almost as bad.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    I'm ok with items being untradable to curb abuse and exploitation. But expiring items just kills it for me. The rebirth potion from the mission point event really pisses me off because it didn't indicate that it was an item with an expiration time. Not only that but an expiration time of THREE bleeping days!
    SherriHelsa
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'm ok with items being untradable to curb abuse and exploitation. But expiring items just kills it for me. The rebirth potion from the mission point event really pisses me off because it didn't indicate that it was an item with an expiration time. Not only that but an expiration time of THREE bleeping days!

Well that's one sure way of scaring off loyal players.
    "Hey, let's NOT put the important details of an item expiring in 3 days and make them waste their mission points! Woo hoo!"
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    On one hand, I'm not really surprised by this. On the other, I'm disappointed in their poor decision making yet again.

I'll never understand the logic they had behind putting expiration timers on items in the first place. Holding onto items for later use never hurt anyone...