Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Possible Homestead Revamp

Angelhappy43Angelhappy43
Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
in Feedback and Suggestions
After some discussion with other people about what would be nice if it was implemented for Homestead, thought a forum post of more suggestions in an organized manner would be better.

The following were some ideas that some players thought it would be nice to have:

-Ability to purchase the background/surrounding of your homestead(Beach, mountain, etc)
- Brownies as actual pets with unique boosts
- Have a function where you can have your friend's homestead next to your's as a "neighbor" function.
OR
Have a married couple option/family option where their homesteads are near each other's and they all benefit from each other's homestead boosts (families only)

If anyone wish to refine these ideas or add onto it, that would be nice to see what could be within the realm of possibility.
  1. Would a homestead revamp be nice?8 votes
    1. Yes
       100% (8 votes)
    2. No
       0% (0 votes)

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    I definitely love the idea of a background that isn't a hideous wasteland of dirt, sand, or ice and snow.

Even if they handle it like the Bandit Homestead where it's "walled" off by mountains after a certain point. I guess it's hard to make endless expanses look great even if they aren't wastelands.

Also brownies as pets sounds interesting, but I wonder what their unique boosts would be.

Would they be like the Catsidhe pets where they could provide life talent training boosts? Or would they be the source of special crafting recipes, like Brownie Potions or something.
    Or could they branch out into gathering bonuses, like boosting gather speed/success rate or doing the partner thing where they could provide bonus gathering?
    Or something different, like while summoned enemies you defeat have a chance of dropping crafting materials, sort of like how Ingredient Hunting drops ingredients and leathers?
  • Angelhappy43Angelhappy43
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    I definitely love the idea of a background that isn't a hideous wasteland of dirt, sand, or ice and snow.

Even if they handle it like the Bandit Homestead where it's "walled" off by mountains after a certain point. I guess it's hard to make endless expanses look great even if they aren't wastelands.

Also brownies as pets sounds interesting, but I wonder what their unique boosts would be.

Would they be like the Catsidhe pets where they could provide life talent training boosts? Or would they be the source of special crafting recipes, like Brownie Potions or something.
    Or could they branch out into gathering bonuses, like boosting gather speed/success rate or doing the partner thing where they could provide bonus gathering?
    Or something different, like while summoned enemies you defeat have a chance of dropping crafting materials, sort of like how Ingredient Hunting drops ingredients and leathers?

They could be like the Catsidhe pets! And the various brownie(they come in diff colors iirc) could be various benefits
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited January 19, 2020
    Iyasenu wrote: »

They could be like the Catsidhe pets! And the various brownie(they come in diff colors iirc) could be various benefits

Oh I thought of another, I think unique, bonus.

Since Brownies are normally based around crafting and production what if there were Blacksmith or Tailoring Brownies that, while summoned, gave a bonus to Completion % when smithing/tailoring, letting you get more out of your materials.

There's also Production Quality they could boost, if that isn't going over the top.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Something they could implement fairly quickly would be to allow us to place props outside our homesteads. Just have them not contribute to anything; they are strictly aesthetic. This would at least do SOMETHING to deal with the dreadful landscape, especially for human homesteads.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Also (and I know it's been said in the past) allow us to access the homestead of other characters on the same account.
    YoridenAtheist42SherriKensamaofmari
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Overall, there needs to be an update for Homesteads... That much I agree with. These days, there's so much potential for homesteads, but we're so limited on what we can do that it's not worth it. Most of the items you can build have major flaws (like gold mushroom stumps only giving you one gold mushroom a week on Wednesday) or only being able to go up in herbs to gold mushrooms (we really need poison, mandrakes and white herbs in homesteads at this point since finding poison and mandrake herbs is getting harder and harder). The only thing homesteads are good for right now is growing your own herbs so you can make a lot of potions.

I enjoy my giant "herb" farm. I make a lot of "stuff" with those herbs.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    They should add a feature for characters homesteads on the same account to be 'neighbors', maybe add a cool buff for how much you upgrade all of them or something?
  • SqueeSquee
    Sherri wrote: »
    They should add a feature for characters homesteads on the same account to be 'neighbors', maybe add a cool buff for how much you upgrade all of them or something?

Not a bad idea. Or maybe having a neighbor could give you access to building other things that you normally couldn't depending on how your neighbors build their homesteads, like someone who has an herb farm being able to buff someone's homestead and they'd gain access to a laboratory for making potions that they wouldn't be able to make normally so the neighbors could work together to make products they wouldn't be able to make alone.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I've said before: start at level 16 you can incorporate your Homestead as a town so then Homesteads can be more than a cheap copy of Farmville but be a cheap copy of Sim City.
    KensamaofmariSherri
  • SqueeSquee
    Helsa wrote: »
    I've said before: start at level 16 you can incorporate your Homestead as a town so then Homesteads can be more than a cheap copy of Farmville but be a cheap copy of Sim City.

Also not a bad idea. But the only problem is that at that point, it should probably replace the housing channels and just be like a homestead village. Still though, having a town of homesteads in a community would be really interesting.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Squee wrote: »
    the only problem is that at that point, it should probably replace the housing channels

How's that?
  • SqueeSquee
    the only problem is that at that point, it should probably replace the housing channels

How's that?

Because I feel like they could just merge the systems since homesteads usually have houses anyway, and the homestead could basically be like the yard for the house. It would be a cool way to mix both systems together to create something new.
  • HelsaHelsa

How's that?

Because I feel like they could just merge the systems since homesteads usually have houses anyway, and the homestead could basically be like the yard for the house. It would be a cool way to mix both systems together to create something new.

Okay then. So being able to incorporate your homestead into a town really isn't a problem then.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    At least make the background geography reflective of its actual location on the map. Also perhaps give an option for people to change their location once?