Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Anyone got the Catsidhe pet? How are they?

SolarbeansSolarbeans
Mabinogi Rep: 600
in General Chat
I'm debating on whether or not I want to get one, but the wiki isn't updated with them yet so I'm not sure if I wanna try for it

Comments

• AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Don't know, wanna pay 40+ Dollars or save it for something better not game related?

I myself stop buying pets (I just have too many) also for the fact I already have a pretty functioning pet that serve enough of a purpose in battle to not warrant me needing to pay for anymore.

At least you get extra pets along with a new trending pet after 10 boxes along with a chance for the yellow cat. Although Its really up to you, its your money.

Id fill you in what the 2 new cats give but I am blank since I don't have one.
  • PunikoPuniko
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    Would be nice to know the stats. I really want one, but 45k nx... seriously...
    I just came back to Mabi recently so i dunno, but since when Nexon stopped selling normal pet cards? Are all new pets in a gacha now? I wouldn't mind spending 15k nx for a normal old-school pet card. /greedy nexon rant
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    I'm actually skipping this one. :smirk:
  • NepthanNepthan
    Mabinogi Rep: 415
    These are the luminous and abyss catsidhe stats from level 1 and level 200 at age 1
    TFP1yFt.jpg
    GremmChaosShadow
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Nepthan wrote: »
    These are the luminous and abyss catsidhe stats from level 1 and level 200 at age 1
    TFP1yFt.jpg

I am assuming with Divine Link?
  • NepthanNepthan
    I am assuming with Divine Link?
    Those are their stats without divine link
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Oh, a question I've had about these pets, you know how the first time you summon them it asks you to choose a life talent for them to boost?

Well actually a few questions:

1) Do you HAVE to decide the talent or can you put it off if you're unsure?
    2) If you have chosen the life talent bonus, and then decide to sell the pet via Pet Adoption Medal, does the new owner of the pet get to decide a new talent to have it boost? Or are they stuck with the choice the original owner made?
  • NepthanNepthan
    edited January 20, 2020
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Oh, a question I've had about these pets, you know how the first time you summon them it asks you to choose a life talent for them to boost?

Well actually a few questions:

1) Do you HAVE to decide the talent or can you put it off if you're unsure?
    2) If you have chosen the life talent bonus, and then decide to sell the pet via Pet Adoption Medal, does the new owner of the pet get to decide a new talent to have it boost? Or are they stuck with the choice the original owner made?
    As far as I know you cannot skip picking a talent when you summon the pet for the first time (there may be a way to do so e.g. exiting the client but I did not attempt it). You do not have to pick until the first summon, so you could just hold onto the whistle or not summon it until you have decided. See roastedpig's reply below

Not sure how it works with adoption medals though I would suspect you cannot change the catsidhe's talent

So, announcement. If you haven't already ranked 1 Magic Crafting or Hillwen Engineering, be happy. We are getting a talent for those two skills. Save your Catsidhe's for that.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    So, announcement. If you haven't already ranked 1 Magic Crafting or Hillwen Engineering, be happy. We are getting a talent for those two skills. Save your Catsidhe's for that.

Ooh, that's an idea!
    Not only would it help with training Magic Craft and Hillwen Engineering (and Ecology/Mineralogy by extension) but also with the new skills in that talent, the Pet Handling stuff.

But now that makes me want to know about the pet adoption thing for sure even more...
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    edited January 20, 2020
    @Iyasemu you can actually put off choosing the life talent (I closed the window every time i summoned it before finally choosing a talent). The option window would just appear every time you summon it ^^

As for adoption, i’m not sure whether the player i bought it from chose a life talent before selling the pet to me. I’ll get back on you for that :O
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    Just want to say that they are very adorable, it's so cute how they blink and their animation is just so cute altogether. It's a flying mount that also has a passive boost on land and lets you choose a talent to train with so its basically Tuan 2.0. I personally wouldn't wait to summon for the new pet handler talent because mabi is always dishing out training pots and 2x training event so there's really no need to wait unless you do want to leave those skills to rank last.
    roastedpig
  • roastedpigroastedpig
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,040
    Mabi6 wrote: »
    Just want to say that they are very adorable, it's so cute how they blink and their animation is just so cute altogether. It's a flying mount that also has a passive boost on land and lets you choose a talent to train with so its basically Tuan 2.0. I personally wouldn't wait to summon for the new pet handler talent because mabi is always dishing out training pots and 2x training event so there's really no need to wait unless you do want to leave those skills to rank last.

I know right? I was ready to pass on with this pet and was meh when i bought it off. But when I leveled it, I was sold. It’s too adorbs >w<
    GypsySpirit
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805

By the time we will be getting that i'm pretty sure other pets with same perks will come out.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Greta wrote: »

By the time we will be getting that i'm pretty sure other pets with same perks will come out.

And even if that didn't happen, these cats would be sold again some time in the future.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Iyasenu wrote: »

And even if that didn't happen, these cats would be sold again some time in the future.

Yeah, most likely. Nexon knows players want this and will use any chance to bait some whales into it.

I am not sure. I say within the next year if not six months tops.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Hmm these pet stats make it great as a Magic Divine link, although, as melee/ none magic, it does not even give much.

Since its a whistle and not some kind of card for rebirths, you can't give this pet any good magic skills from other pet cards which is sad and stupid. PASS!
  • PunikoPuniko
    Mabinogi Rep: 500
    edited January 20, 2020
    Nepthan wrote: »
    TFP1yFt.jpg

Awesome! Thanks so much :)

Anyone knows how much are they going for in game atm? So it's 30-40m for Lumi cat atm.

Oh and btw, if you don't mind the talent selection window showing up every time you summon it, you don't have to choose the talent yet.
  • MarithMarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,005
    Figured I'd drop in and confirm that you select a new talent when taking a catsidhe pet out of an adoption medal. I had a medal from an old attendance event and gave it to a friend. I selected the talent she wanted just in case, but it had her select one all over. It also tells you flat out you won't be able to change the selection UNLESS the pet gets adopted.
    Iyasenu