Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G24 Part 1 Boss Baros Needs Nerf BADLY

JohnspartaJohnsparta
Mabinogi Rep: 615
edited January 17, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
Hello everyone i normally do not speak on forums but this needs to be brought up

The issues that this boss has is extreme to the point that there is no way in hope that a level 14k human with a full abyss dragon set (minus helm) cant even survive the damage thrown
at me i will begin explaining how this boss is designed

1.this boss has a melee 2h not so bad until you consider he moves 2.5x faster then a human and probably 2x the speed of an elf

2.then the boss has 2 stages stage one is about 100k HP and stage 2 is more like 200k HP (these are estimates probably a lot more but it feels like my damage was
mitigated a lot)

does not sound OP from that sounds like a fair boss? well this is were it gets stupid OP

3.cannot stun

4.cannot knock back

5.can walk through barriers trees and buildings so cant try and hide to link your pet

6.can do insane damage now i have 2.4k HP and he 1 shots me in my full abyss armor so good luck anyone who happens to be even slightly weaker then me or heck
stronger for that matter (all stats are above 1k im running with a red 6 celtic's and red 6 chain blade with the abyss armor and i cannot defeat him only managing to get
his second stage after dying 14 times FOURTEEN TIMES)

7.they actually f!#%$ coded a taunt if you try and use Nao's to revive and actually insults you like get up entertain me and no im not kidding they actually went there
(this one is just the icing on the cake to piss me the off)

so let me clear what this means if you use ANY talent it wont work versus this boss PERIOD the only hope you have is either A. your a giant who is OP and can out tank this damage somehow or B your total is above 40k and can 1 shot him with all end game gear

honestly this boss has made me consider quitting mabi permanently i have dealt with the OP scaling of Bosses but there was always a way in the past to beat them
always a gimmick or a way to beat them like dodging huge attacks and keeping yourself mobile this boss does not care for what your strategy is its only going to kill you
and there are no ways i can defeat this thing no spells work either so thinking you can use firebolt spam to keep him at bay wont work either so honestly if this
boss is not atleast semi balanced to allow people without pay to win to defeat i am strongly tempted to quitting mabinogi permanently and selling all my gear to perm log off
i am not demanding but this is the only time i have ever asked for the community to please come together and tell nexon/devcat to stop catering to the Whales who support
their game and leave the free to play players dead behind there is NO MEANS TO CATCH UP NOT ANYMORE IF YOU DO STUFF LIKE THIS

i thank you all for your time and hope you are all going to have a wonderful day

Comments

• LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Do we need to have this same thread every patch? Maybe we can have them all merged into a single "Devcat should make the game easier so I don't have to put in effort or think about using the skills and tools I've been given previously or be a reasonable level to brute force the content without thought" thread, I know how much the forum loves merging things afterall.

Specific advice for you and everyone else coming through the thread though I suppose, instead of the rather childish "I quit" attitude and throwing your controller keyboard and mouse at the wall I keep seeing on display so much in recent years;

• You could get your total level up, g22 had a 5k minimum for a reason and honestly they should have kept stepping it up with 23 and 24, or get your current level up to 200 before attempting the fight so you get the maximum boosts out of Shine of Eweca and levelup stats.

• You should level the Dampen Shock and Blunting Field techniques to 10 and activate them, Perhaps the Defiance and Vital Surge techniques as well, and if you want to go all the way for defensive boosts buff yourself with Fate Weaver using the 3152 combo.

• You could put Fortification enchant on your gachapon armor for a further 70 defense/30 magic defense.

• You could buy Mana Shield damage reduction gloves OR run Sidhe to level up a Blue Echostone and roll for Mana Shield damage reduction on it. This is particularly effective if you're using a staff or wand spirit weapon with level 5 lucky strike to restore 20% of your mana 10% of the time on hit, when spamming chain cast Thunder off of a staff ego you'll effectively have infinitely restoring mana and can use the Iron Will technique to simply ignore all incoming attacks and continue spamming Thunder to restore mana lost from hits taken without interruption and further augment your mana pool by making a cater of 10 Bacon Burgers for another 450~500 mana depending on the cooking quality RNG

• You as a human could get your 2 handed sword to Erg level 50 for the additional 50 defense/50 protection/50 magic defense/50 magic protection. That Erg Infusion stone in your inventory right now will unlock Erg level 25 for you for free once the event finishes so you may want to consider it.

• You could cook ten Miso Soup or if you have the food truck pet/have a friend with one who can buy ten Tempura Udon and create a cater with them and use it before fighting the boss.

As a final note, as a fellow w- "free to play player" myself, none of this costs cash and is all obtainable ingame or via ingame player market. If you're willing to put in the thought and effort you will find the boss fight much easier if not completely trivialized it just comes down to using/ranking skills and making/buying gear.
    SherriDraechstegsJohnspartaDragoolfireArrivedAlshianLeineiSkyahri
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    THIS GAMES TO HARD NERF
    -nexon brings out easier content or nerfs something-
    THIS GAME TO EASY MAKE HARDER
    same thing every time.
    GretaLeineiSkyahriAlshian
  • JohnspartaJohnsparta
    edited January 18, 2020
    @Lutetiem
    okay let me go through each one of these

1. i am total 14k i am aware the game cant be 2 easy but there is a point to were i have to say the boss is BS all im honestly asking is either slow down its movement speed
    as it was BEFORE since we did fight Balor in the past and he was NOT this fast its like someone cranked up his speed to 11 slow it down and give it some more hp and keep the damage i dont care but atleast give players a chance to maneuver around a large threat not start the mission and within 3 seconds of him seeing you *DEAD*

2.my techniques are rank 6-7 as i cant go higher as the crystals to do those upgrades are 2 expensive and i cannot afford them

3.enchanting has the problem of 1 it can ruin your armor or delete it so i have been extremely worried of enchanting as a F2P player
    losing a 40m piece of armor is not an option for me and 2 enchant protection is 10m each i cant just drop that kind of gold easy
    when trieng to work on red upg 6 and reforges which are another nightmare on its own rights

4.this one about the mana shield i wasnt aware of and will be looking into it for sure so thank you for that one and personally i dont like
    magic in mabinogi i have tried getting into it several times but i cant get into it, it simply agitates me i do have 1k int but i honestly cant care
    for magic i do use mana shield however so it is a big help to know that one

5.urg is simply not an option for how much of a grind it is and im talking about dual wielding celtics sorry should have been more clear on that one
    so that is my mistake and i plan on getting it to urg 25 with the crystal but im not bothering spending 130m on clothes by a dan 3 player i would rather just not bother for only a little bit more damage its not worth the price personally cuz as you mentioned its better to work on enchanting

6. catering is something i had not considered but will need to be looked into so thank you

@FayeKaiba

as for you quite frankly i get your point i really do but in actuality if people are complaining there are 2 types one who simply complains to complain and one who is
    wanting to sit down and speak the facts of what he believes is an unfair experience to everyone involved? no i dont personally think so

thank you bolth for commenting i understand this seems to be another "ME SO ANGRY WAHH" but honestly i grind that fight for 55 minutes pushing the time as
    hard as i could to really fight to the bitter end of that boss just to have it slap me in the face of how god awful it is personally if you had an easier time fantastic please write out how you defeated this boss so that others can like @Lutetiem did but i still hold my belief that this boss is a bit extreme on how a boss should act since it breaks all
    the rules of engagement of mabinogi however many bosses have lately but they atleast kept 1 of the rules this one has none of them

thank you for your time reading and hope your all having a wonderful weekend
    Sherri
  • ShadowamiShadowami
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    Honestly the bottom line of all of this is going from multi player storyline to solo. That's where the main issue starts. I'd imagine it be quite fun to fluctuate between some quests allowing one person to come with you, and some needing 3, or sometimes 4, and none consistent each time. (Minus the RP missions). I'm strong enough to solo all the content yes but, I also would like to be able to do them with my wife, alongside in the missions. The feel of multi players coming together to conquer storylines has gone to the waste side, is also why there is more people quitting. No the content isn't too hard or too easy. It's just right to me. But the solo'ing is getting old now. Makes me wonder what they will think of next generation.... "hmmm solo isn't solo enough, so let's solo up the MMO with more solos because solo is the way to go" ...
    Sherri
  • JohnspartaJohnsparta
    @shadowami i also agree they should allow people to work together i mean this is an MMORPG if you have friends who want to help you do it, it should always be an option for bosses to have people help you
    Sherri
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    This game isn't about hard or easy... It's about BS choices that ruin what could be very fun boss fights. Some are really clever, but get ruined by ONE unfair move. I've said before about how annoying it is to have moves you can't avoid and HAVE to take damage for, or one hit kill moves. There is such a thing as clever design, but Nexon apparently doesn't know what clever design is. Ever since G19 they've been adding in stupid design choices to make bosses more annoying than they need to be. If they would rebalance the game properly and not rely on stupid choices for enemy and bosses that rely on punishing the player for just playing the game. Now there are good fights. For example, Balor's fight in G23 in Belvast is actually sort of a fun fight. He's a little unfair in defense, but with the right strategies you can beat him. It's hard, but keeps you in the game because you have to think fast and react fast, while all of his moves are mostly still avoidable and do fair damage rather than taking most of your health or insta-killing you. It's a great duel. However, bad examples include bosses like G22 Revived Balor. That Balor fight is an example of the WRONG way to do a boss fight. That boss has a teleport grab that can get you no matter where you are in the room, and Marleid doesn't bother trying to hit him enough to free you, so you have to take unnecessary damage (Not to mention sometimes he'll spam the attack over and over for a while). It's the same reason I hated Girgishay, but at least you fight that boss in groups.

There are clever ways to make a boss, and bad ways. Nexon is pulling out a lot of BAD ways to make a boss ever since G19 started (G20 wasn't bad, but a lot of the fights in that one are mostly just "fight for a while doing no damage and wait for someone to make the boss vulnerable in a cutscene). A good boss is a boss that makes you think and come up with the best strategy available with the options open to you and keeps you in the game rather than just clicking the attack button over and over again (Like the G23 Belvast Balor fight). Nexon has mostly made bosses since G19 require glitches and exploits to beat that shouldn't even be in the game, or they give bosses unfair advantages like giving them unavoidable attacks and moves that you can't lose focus for even a second, because a moment's hesitation can get you killed.

Overall, the game's difficulty isn't about easy or hard. It's the poor choices that ruin what could be a really fun fight. If Nexon would think more about clever designs for bosses rather than making these bosses with unfair advantages, there wouldn't be as much of a difficulty complaint. It's important to understand what exactly makes the new generations difficult, and it's not high level bosses. It's the ability choices usually that ruin these fights that could be a lot of fun.

Now... On that note, for these generations, they really do need to make the briogh crystals attainable in solo-able missions. So far everyone I see avoids Tech Duinn missions like the plague and some of those are impossible to solo, so a lot of us that weren't around when G22 came out missed out on all the people who did those missions and now most people don't ever want to do them because of how annoying they are.
    Atheist42
  • AmarazAmaraz
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,735
    If you still find yourself dying - there's always revival balloons, nao stones you can buy, and guardian stones you can buy.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 21, 2020
    G24 is overall cancer. It needs to be nerfed entirely. Who said they need challenge? I didn't. Better make an option to choose difficulty for generation.
    Squee
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    This guy.. he absolutely slaughtered me every time, I think it took me 6 times and even then I'd say I was lucky.
    Even the 'final boss' was easier and that guy is straight outta Touhou lol
  • SqueeSquee
    Greta wrote: »
    G24 is overall cancer. It needs to be nerfed entirely. Who said they need challenge? I didn't. Better make an option to choose difficulty for generation.

Actually a difficulty option for the Generation storylines WOULD be nice. Honestly, the shadow mission difficulties would be the perfect way to set up the system too since most people are familiar with the shadow mission difficulties. I can't believe they haven't done that yet. That way everyone can choose what level they want to play.
    Atheist42Sherri
  • ZypherianZypherian
    Mabinogi Rep: 515
    I can honestly say I kind of understand where the OP comes from. I've been struggling my way through G21 as I am, and it's been... a trial. Utilizing everything I have to keep going, and trying repeatedly to go for victory. I'm currently stuck on Tagar, and every immediate strategy I've considered has been used up and yielded a maximum of 17% damage on the boss. Now, I'm not saying it should be super easy, but I can sympathize with the frustration. What I'd like to see is a "Revive in town" option that puts you somewhere near the quest marker so you can try another strategy, or leave and come back if you need to reconsider options.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Oh Balor, I was wondering "Which boss is Baros?".

And yeah this fight wasn't very good.
    There's not much you can do with a fast-moving, obstacle-ignoring, thousands-of-damage-dealing, way-too-much-hp-having enemy on your own besides have a very tanky divine linked pet take the hits while you deal the most damage you can.

My first attempt against him went like this:
    1) Enter
    2) Didn't already have a pet out and linked, since I wasn't expecting a fight, just another moon stone dodging self-RP
    3) Have Balor run right up to me, Bash me once for 4k damage, and immediately close the cap between me and double-tap me
    4) Balor immediately starts conversation with your corpse, which kept my Balloon from going off
    5) Exit because yikes

Then my next attempt went better because I entered with Link on, Pet tanks everything like a champ while I pick through Balor's HP with impale after impale.
    It's still kind of annoying when Balor gets stuck in Rage Impact Spam Mode, but with my linked pet keeping his attention that's about the only attack of his that would hit me.

Thankfully my character was strong enough to defeat him in one cycle of Divine Link, since having to have enough time to reapply Divine Link sounds like it would've been a gamble.
    Either way this fight was not very "cool and fair".
    It almost seems like it should've been a "run out the timer" kind of fight with infinite revivals. Because it's not like beating him makes a difference in the story.
    Atheist42Sherri
  • HarithHarith
    Mabinogi Rep: 415
    I just died 10 time and got it over
    LutetiumLeinei
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    edited January 24, 2020
    The boss that needs a nerf is Sera.

Those meteors knock you out in two hits, can't outrun the circles, and they knock you down long enough to keep you from being able to even move before the second strike hits.

Or buff Merlin. He can't even take one hit.

As for Balor, I got his health down eventually, although, with all those Lorna Balloons from past events, I could've just cheesed it and let him kill me ten times.
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Do we need to have this same thread every patch? Maybe we can have them all merged into a single "Devcat should make the game easier so I don't have to put in effort or think about using the skills and tools I've been given previously or be a reasonable level to brute force the content without thought" thread, I know how much the forum loves merging things afterall.

Specific advice for you and everyone else coming through the thread though I suppose, instead of the rather childish "I quit" attitude and throwing your controller keyboard and mouse at the wall I keep seeing on display so much in recent years;

• You could get your total level up, g22 had a 5k minimum for a reason and honestly they should have kept stepping it up with 23 and 24, or get your current level up to 200 before attempting the fight so you get the maximum boosts out of Shine of Eweca and levelup stats.

This makes complete sense.

• You should level the Dampen Shock and Blunting Field techniques to 10 and activate them, Perhaps the Defiance and Vital Surge techniques as well, and if you want to go all the way for defensive boosts buff yourself with Fate Weaver using the 3152 combo.

No comment on this one.

• You could put Fortification enchant on your gachapon armor for a further 70 defense/30 magic defense.

Again, no comment, aside from enchant drop rates being abysmal.

• You could buy Mana Shield damage reduction gloves OR run Sidhe to level up a Blue Echostone and roll for Mana Shield damage reduction on it. This is particularly effective if you're using a staff or wand spirit weapon with level 5 lucky strike to restore 20% of your mana 10% of the time on hit, when spamming chain cast Thunder off of a staff ego you'll effectively have infinitely restoring mana and can use the Iron Will technique to simply ignore all incoming attacks and continue spamming Thunder to restore mana lost from hits taken without interruption and further augment your mana pool by making a cater of 10 Bacon Burgers for another 450~500 mana depending on the cooking quality RNG

Echostones take a lot of time to max. Highest I've ever gotten is a Lv 27 that keeps on succeeding and failing between 25 and 27.

• You as a human could get your 2 handed sword to Erg level 50 for the additional 50 defense/50 protection/50 magic defense/50 magic protection. That Erg Infusion stone in your inventory right now will unlock Erg level 25 for you for free once the event finishes so you may want to consider it.

Erg is incredibly costly, relying on a ton of materials that take an unholy amount of time to collect, and that's assuming you don't fail any erg cap unlocks. Even with a stone that gives 25 Erg Levels, its the last 20 or so that begin to test a player's luck and gold.

• You could cook ten Miso Soup or if you have the food truck pet/have a friend with one who can buy ten Tempura Udon and create a cater with them and use it before fighting the boss.

No comment.

As a final note, as a fellow w- "free to play player" myself, none of this costs cash and is all obtainable ingame or via ingame player market. If you're willing to put in the thought and effort you will find the boss fight much easier if not completely trivialized it just comes down to using/ranking skills and making/buying gear.

The game still has implemented mechanics that work with RNG in a way where, even when you do everything right, the game can still screw you over and wipe you in one combo.
  • SqueeSquee
    The main problem is that almost every mission and fight I've seen talked about has at least one thing that needs nerfed. It's not so much about not being strong enough, it's about stupid design decisions that make the game FAR too unfair. Giving bosses thinks like insta-kill or undodgable attack moves is cheap no matter how you do it because that's just a lazy way to add difficulty and punishes the player for playing the game.

For the most part, it's not the strength that's the issue. I'm a total level 14k, having mastered all talents but Alchemy and Archery, I have decent equipment, and I have played the game for years... yet I'm still not able to beat a lot of these because they essentially live to kill you over and over again in unfair fashions. Plus, RNG screws me every time... I can't RNG anything or anytime to save my freaking life. I once failed a 100% chance to produce something because that's how bad I am at RNG.

But anyway... From what I've heard so far, it doesn't sound like the fights are difficult, it just sounds like some of these attacks and circumstances really need nerfing to a FAIR level. I remember back when the game used to be clever with it's boss fights, and you rarely ever saw threads like this... But ever since G19, they've had to throw in as many unfair bosses as they can (G20 was pretty fair, only because most of the fights were "Survive for this long against this enemy that barely hurts you".

Also, I would level up my techniques, but I cannot do the Tech Duinn missions alone, and no one will run them with me so I can get briogh crystals to level up. Most people who do them either are doing them with friends or only doing them for items they need, so techniques are useless to me beyond level 4 because of the briogh crystal requirement. So that could be part of why I'm having trouble since all my techniques are still sitting at level four.
    Atheist42
  • CreativeBeatCreativeBeat
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    Amaraz wrote: »
    If you still find yourself dying - there's always revival balloons, nao stones you can buy, and guardian stones you can buy.

Spend NX to get through the content. LOL.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    edited April 9, 2020
    Uh, Beimnech isn't the final boss of part 1.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    THIS GAMES TO HARD NERF
    same thing every time.

Yep. Remember, I think it was last year, when Nexon polled the forum users to answer a questionnaire? One of the suggestions I made was to release new content in two parts: one part for the end-of-game folks and one part for the non-end-of-game folks. At least that way both of these would be addressed. On the other hand maybe some folks would just complain about BOTH things simultaneously, so who knows.

Another thing they could do, is go back to forcing one to do the G's in order; it used to be like that. But, at the time, G9 was relatively hard to do and the game got much more interesting only after you managed to beat it. And . . . people complained. But now, due to power creep, G9 is easier to do.
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    edited April 9, 2020
    Helsa wrote: »
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    THIS GAMES TO HARD NERF
    same thing every time.

Yep. Remember, I think it was last year, when Nexon polled the forum users to answer a questionnaire? One of the suggestions I made was to release new content in two parts: one part for the end-of-game folks and one part for the non-end-of-game folks. At least that way both of these would be addressed. On the other hand maybe some folks would just complain about BOTH things simultaneously, so who knows.

Another thing they could do, is go back to forcing one to do the G's in order; it used to be like that. But, at the time, G9 was relatively hard to do and the game got much more interesting only after you managed to beat it. And . . . people complained. But now, due to power creep, G9 is easier to do.

And all the Shadow Missions in Chapter 3 are now automatically set to Intermediate.

Incubus King also needs a nerf.

Upside down and skills cancelled is a crap tactic, and Nexon should be ashamed of themselves.
  • HazurahHazurah
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,570
    Baros? the one that can be skipped if you die 10 times?

well, that's well intended