Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Erg Infusion Crystal Question

DerringerDerringer
Mabinogi Rep: 600
in General Chat
With the G24 event going on, I've got an Erg Infusion Crystal and each day I'm receiving coupons to upgrade its level. I'm pretty excited about this because I've never bothered with the erg system and it'll be nice to skip my weapon up to erg level 20 without slowly grinding out erg experience.

My question is if the Erg Infusion Crystal is limited by a weapon's erg rank. Since I've never used the erg system, my weapon is currently capped at erg level 5 until I sacrifice a bunch of items to rank it up. Does the crystal disregard this rank limit and skip me straight to level 20, or will I burn the crystal and only get 5 levels out of it because my rank isn't high enough?

If I do burn the crystal and only get 5 erg levels, will the excess experience be "stored" so that when I finally do rank up my erg I'll automatically have level 10, then 15, then 20 without needing to grind out the additional experience? Or should I work on ranking up my weapon before I ever use the crystal?

Comments

• DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    edited January 21, 2020
    If you use it when its ready for 20, it will take your weapons straight to lv 20 and leave it unlocked to go to 25... Hopefully that makes sense.
    Derringer
  • DerringerDerringer
    Mabinogi Rep: 600
    If you use it when its ready for 20, it will take your weapons straight to lv 20 and leave it unlocked to go to 25... Hopefully that makes sense.

Just to be SUPER clear, if I take a brand new weapon from an NPC vendor which has NEVER been upgraded, erg'd, enchanted, or anything -- if I then popped a level 20 Erg Infusion Crystal on it, it would level up the weapon straight to 20 despite the fact that I've never spent a single Divine Mineral Fragment to increase the rank?
  • RadialexposeRadialexpose
    Mabinogi Rep: 775
    Correct.
    Derringer
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Yes and you will also be able to work on getting it to lv 25 with out having to unlock it, which you have to do every 5 ranks and each rank consists of 5 levels. Do note that if you use it on something below 20 it will take you to 20. ex. level 19 will go to level 20
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    I used it on my chain blade after making it into a spirit weapon, got to level 20 immediately after activation.
    I hope that helped.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    Whether your item is un-erged, level 5, level 19, or even level 20 the result will be the same if you use a level 20 erg catalyst crystal: It will become level 20 with the uncap requirements met and able to be leveled up to 25.
  • ORIGINSFURYORIGINSFURY
    Mabinogi Rep: 610
    I have a potentially dumb question: how do I USE the erg crystal? I tried clicking on it and it tells me to wait for the event to end. I tried taking it to the erg upgrade guy, got a weapon of same type,etc, and tried using it as an additional infusion material. Still wouldn't work. Is my crystal bugged or am I missing something?
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I have a potentially dumb question: how do I USE the erg crystal? I tried clicking on it and it tells me to wait for the event to end. I tried taking it to the erg upgrade guy, got a weapon of same type,etc, and tried using it as an additional infusion material. Still wouldn't work. Is my crystal bugged or am I missing something?

When the event ends.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265

You need to wait until the event ends, that's all.
    So January 30th, after that day's maintenance is when you should be able to use the Crystal.
    ORIGINSFURYKitsuneanagi
  • adfsdflglglgadfsdflglglg
    Mabinogi Rep: 200
    Which sucks, coz I’m away and mah Crystal is expiring
  • WandafWandaf
    Mabinogi Rep: 400
    i have another potentially dumb question:
    Is it normal that we don't get new coupons after boosting the crystal to 20 when the event description speaks about AP+5 potions when there is no "boostable" crystal?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Wandaf wrote: »
    i have another potentially dumb question:
    Is it normal that we don't get new coupons after boosting the crystal to 20 when the event description speaks about AP+5 potions when there is no "boostable" crystal?

That's how it worked the previous time they did this Erg Infusion Crystal event, so I'm assuming that's supposed to happen.
    Maybe the AP+5 function is there as a fallback in case someone gets a coupon, but destroys their crystal before using the coupon?

I also never tried not using the coupons, to see if you could save them up or something.
    Wandaf
  • ServilliusServillius
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    They destroyed old coupons during maintenance. I believe they destroyed the coupons twice, but not 100% on that.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Servillius wrote: »
    They destroyed old coupons during maintenance. I believe they destroyed the coupons twice, but not 100% on that.

It was accident apparently.
    They had one job...