Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

What is this? (Announcement Spam Gone Haywire)

BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
edited January 20, 2020 in General Chat
20200120025621-1.jpg

Saw this in the middle of the night. Seems like political bayesian filter garbage spam.

@Katherz @Nkeona @Daraeus @Tasket

Hey guys, can we like, get this checked out yo? I am worried I am seeing a cursed image, and a Japanese/Korean girl will come crawling out of the computer screen any minute now. :(
Radiant DawnDarkpixie99Wolfsinger

Comments

• GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    Its happening in the nao server too, saw people were typing about people spamming urls of nasty pictures. There are sick minded individuals past a certain time in mabi and no way to block them, it's getting really annoying.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Korean girl will come crawling out of the computer screen any minute now. :(

But that's the best possible result.

That aside though it's just someone injecting excessively long party chats with font size tags via packet editing because they're mad about some mild corporate corruption that isn't even on the scale if they looked at what was going on in america, it's very obvious and they'll be banned for it when the GMs wake up, but in the meantime you can turn off party chat in the options window under the chat tab and it wont show up and interrupt your gameplay, the same cannot be said for bugles or the event ticker sadly.
    BlissfulkillDarkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Wow, i'm lucky i didn't run into this yet. Looks like a disaster. Was it in ch1?
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    What even is that?

And why are some of the words different sizes, it's kind of obnoxious to read.
    I mean, more obnoxious than it is by default.

The story is just looping, too.
    It's the kind of stuff you'd expect to read over in that Nexon HQ thread over in town square.
    KensamaofmariDarkpixie99
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    I've seen modded font sizes in party ads.. But something like that?? That's a whole nother can of worms.
    Yikes.
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    It's a very very lengthy party name
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Korean girl will come crawling out of the computer screen any minute now. :(

But that's the best possible result.

That aside though it's just someone injecting excessively long party chats with font size tags via packet editing because they're mad about some mild corporate corruption that isn't even on the scale if they looked at what was going on in america, it's very obvious and they'll be banned for it when the GMs wake up, but in the meantime you can turn off party chat in the options window under the chat tab and it wont show up and interrupt your gameplay, the same cannot be said for bugles or the event ticker sadly.

OH...I thought it was a bugle! Thanks Luteium.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    So it begins.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Alshian wrote: »
    So it begins.

So a Korean girl crawls out of our computer screens to kill us with Snu-Snu?
    Radiant Dawn
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Let me say this. There was no collusion and no quid pro quo. :)
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890
    edited January 20, 2020
    It's a copy and paste of this article: http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20160729000733

Note that:
    1) the copy and paste includes the caption of the photo, indicating that the skriddie behind this is too lazy to even look at what he's copying and pasting,
    2) the article itself is from 2016, so it's not a particularly recent event, and
    3) there has been an update on it (spoilers: he was acquitted): http://www.theinvestor.co.kr/view.php?ud=20161213000879

My guess is that the content of the copypasta isn't what's important. I reckon the real purpose here is for some bonehead to show off his shiny new packet editor.

Somebody posted this in the official discord server last month, same kinda thing:
    alexinamerge.gif
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    edited January 21, 2020
    It's someone abusing mods because they have no life.
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited January 21, 2020
    The administrators will probably just turn it down with "You used an alternate account to report this. Evidence is now invalid" even if the mods checked in with special identities and all of that nonsense.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    The GMs just have to keep banning the accounts. Eventually they'll get bored.
  • AlshianAlshian
    I honestly don't see the point of this...I mean there are a lot better games than Mabinogi under a better dev team, as well as a better publisher...why do they do this when they could be enjoying other games that had gone to better paths and directions for the best?

Either they just love Mabinogi that much or someone needs to tell him/her that instead of wasting away time doing this they can be doing something better...

• pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited January 21, 2020
    I posted this on Discord too the other day. Some say it was a hack but it looks just like spam nothing damaging.
    mabi-wanted-text.png

The text seems to come from this pdf:
    https://www.wrightmusic.net/pdfs/frederick-chopin.pdf
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Probably just some millennial or some Generation Z kid who is spoiled and entitled and maybe affluent and is bored of life that we should just hope they get hit by truck-kun and be sent off to some other world where they can really get to know what a tough life is.
  • happyhourhappyhour
    Mabinogi Rep: 205
    if anyone can summarize the whole thing that be great :)
    Darkpixie99
  • AlshianAlshian
    happyhour wrote: »
    if anyone can summarize the whole thing that be great :)

Prob someone bored and wanted to start something.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 21, 2020
    Eralea wrote: »
    It's a copy and paste of this article: http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20160729000733
    Note that:
    1) the copy and paste includes the caption of the photo, indicating that the skriddie behind this is too lazy to even look at what he's copying and pasting,
    2) the article itself is from 2016, so it's not a particularly recent event, and
    3) there has been an update on it (spoilers: he was acquitted): http://www.theinvestor.co.kr/view.php?ud=20161213000879

My guess is that the content of the copypasta isn't what's important. I reckon the real purpose here is for some bonehead to show off his shiny new packet editor.

Somebody posted this in the official discord server last month, same kinda thing:
    alexinamerge.gif

First he couldn't sell Nexon, now he is caught embezzling. Poor Nexon employees have to pay for his bs. Welp, godspeed to everyone.
    Darkpixie99Wolfsinger
This discussion has been closed.