Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Server Merge

HuwHuw
Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
in General Chat
Are they making plans to merge Alexina and Nao soon? It feels like a ghost town compared to back in 2013. An example was in ch1 at 8pm PST on a saturday and a shadow wiz elite taking 10 mins to get 5 people together. With a dwindling playerbase, it would be wise to merge the remainers into one server, if not simply for better marketing and daily content reasons etc.

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    ch1 buying/selling party amount also look sad. The chat used to be flooded with those and now i can't even find a seller of Luminious Catsidhe. I'm willing to pay well, but there's not a single person even selling it.
  • HuwHuw
    Greta wrote: »
    ch1 buying/selling party amount also look sad. The chat used to be flooded with those and now i can't even find a seller of Luminious Catsidhe. I'm willing to pay well, but there's not a single person even selling it.

Belvast ch1 no longer exists in Alexina either. Furthermore, it used to be difficult to find a kiosk spot along the north wall and therefore, some had to resort going to the south east, where pvp duels used to take place. Nowadays, plenty of spots for kiosks or shop bags are available. Perhaps most people use the AH, but even that's limited for individual items people seek, with overpricing being common and slices of cheese / dead bees somehow trying to be sold for 100m+
    Greta
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Huw wrote: »
    Are they making plans to merge Alexina and Nao soon? It feels like a ghost town compared to back in 2013. An example was in ch1 at 8pm PST on a saturday and a shadow wiz elite taking 10 mins to get 5 people together. With a dwindling playerbase, it would be wise to merge the remainers into one server, if not simply for better marketing and daily content reasons etc.

It is inevitable that it will happen. The merge of last June shows that they are willing to merge servers. If the same conditions arise again then they will act accordingly. Knowing why the game was set up as separate servers, in the first place, rather than as one with many channels might help to explain why they left Alexina out of that merge. For me the motivation for a merge is not about population density, but rather the desire to be with all of my friends. For me the making of separate servers was like putting up the Berlin Wall.
    SebastianHuwSherri
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    An example was in ch1 at 8pm PST on a saturday and a shadow wiz elite taking 10 mins to get 5 people together

Oh neat, so you guys aren't at Tarlach levels of population yet.

I know it hasn't even been a year since merge, but come on. 10 minutes? Just 10 minutes???
    That is nothing, heck that kind of time is still healthy for a population.

Ol Tarlach pre merge had to sometimes put up with an hour or more for that kind of stuff, and often for less members.
    And you know how we handled it? We just had to deal with it. We adapted. We added anyone active as friends, inviting them and guild alike.
    We went out of our way to actually solve our problems despite our minimal dang population. And even then we still had problems from it.

And here you are calling it a ghost town when dealing with not even 20% of what the other servers likely had to deal with? Buddy, you still got a lot more life than you think in that server. You need to actually take an initiative to get to know more people.

And I don't mean a circle of friends or just some guild. Branch out. Start learning which people actually run content or missions. If 10 minutes is what it took to get 5, with people to invite it could have easily become 8.

Server merge happened because the other 3 servers became a heck of a lot worse off than Alexina is right now, and everyone had to put up with those population sizes for years.

Either find some friends or grow some patience. I can already confirm being on Nao that a merge isn't some magical problem solver that will just instantly make everything better. Don't get me started on the economy.

Sometimes you need to be the one to actually do something out of your own initiative.
    You have what you need to solve your problems on Alexina.

It will happen when its time, but until then you need to know how to solve your own problems just like we did back on the original 3.
    LutetiumRadiant DawnSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited January 22, 2020
    Man, that wasn't our fault what happened in the old 3 servers. I'm still shocked how they assumed that Nao and Alexina have "similar" population. They probably forgot all these players who have quit and waited for this merge to happen to make them come back.
    Arrived
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited January 22, 2020
    Nilrem wrote: »
    An example was in ch1 at 8pm PST on a saturday and a shadow wiz elite taking 10 mins to get 5 people together

I know it hasn't even been a year since merge, but come on. 10 minutes? Just 10 minutes???

Ol Tarlach pre merge had to sometimes put up with an hour or more for that kind of stuff, and often for less members.
    And you know how we handled it? We just had to deal with it. We adapted. We added anyone active as friends, inviting them and guild alike.
    We went out of our way to actually solve our problems despite our minimal dang population. And even then we still had problems from it.

And here you are calling it a ghost town when dealing with not even 20% of what the other servers likely had to deal with? Buddy, you still got a lot more life than you think in that server. You need to actually take an initiative to get to know more people.

And I don't mean a circle of friends or just some guild. Branch out. Start learning which people actually run content or missions. If 10 minutes is what it took to get 5, with people to invite it could have easily become 8.

Server merge happened because the other 3 servers became a heck of a lot worse off than Alexina is right now, and everyone had to put up with those population sizes for years.

Either find some friends or grow some patience. I can already confirm being on Nao that a merge isn't some magical problem solver that will just instantly make everything better. Don't get me started on the economy.

Sometimes you need to be the one to actually do something out of your own initiative.

It will happen when its time, but until then you need to know how to solve your own problems just like we did back on the original 3.

This post reeks of "we dealt with it so you have to" mentality instead of calling for equality, which will only divide Nao and Alexina moreso than it already has.
    GretacourtneyyArrivedNegumikoSherriTwelie
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    welp if they are planning to do a merge, I would need to watch out for some infamous players.

Not just talking about who I don't like but what loads of other players really despise xD
  • courtneyycourtneyy
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,435
    edited January 22, 2020
    Sebastian wrote: »

This post reeks of "we dealt with it so you have to" mentality instead of calling for equality, which will only divide Nao and Alexina moreso than it already has.

I was going to say something if someone else didn't, you took the words out of my mouth. This person either is seriously warped with anger over this or trolling, I can't tell which.

I was part of tarlach before the merge, and at this point I feel sad for Alexina, they /have/ been left behind.. hek before this post I completely forgot there was another server LOL. The fact that the Alexina server is dwindling isn't a 'player problem' or something a player can solve. I'm sure people do have friends they run things with, but I'm also sure it's hard to maintain runs for things even so. I don't think it's a problem asking Alexina be merged with Nao, and if anything I support the idea.
    Arrived
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    edited January 22, 2020
    Sebastian wrote: »

Literally not even against it, I even said it will happen when it happens.
    Heck, I was even offering solutions to use in the meantime.

Not everything is some simple, straightforward mentality born from the preconceived notion of certain people wanting suffering on others from having to have dealt with it before. If anything calls away from equality, its that exact callout mentality itself.

The actual missed message isn't "we dealt with it so you have to", its "We dealt with it, here are some tips to help it be better.".

Not everyone is a dang antagonist. Equality won't happen if people don't accept advice and take the initiative to solve problems.
    Otherwise the merge would happen and nothing would change.

And no, before you reply "Oh this is just a troll" or "Why are you mean about this", I'll beat you to the punch.
    The original merge changed very little of the overall problems. We only have a higher number.
    There is no anger in any of this, unless people take the time to reach out, we will still have the same inactive population we've always had on all servers. The same people keeping to their own tiny circle of friends. The same new players having to travel around alone.

You can call it whatever anger or self justifying thing you want, but it won't change how things have already played out.
    LutetiumRadiant DawnSherri
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    edited January 22, 2020
    I had a huge post written up but Nilrem basically said everything I was trying to convey in less words so I'll just give you an upcummy and this post of endorsement on people not playing outside their friend groups and merges not fixing that.
    Tarlach is the strongest playerbase anyway so its not like we even needed full parties for anything but tech duinn elites.
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    ehhhh so people are still doing this petition
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Lutetium wrote: »
    I had a huge post written up but Nilrem basically said everything I was trying to convey in less words so I'll just give you an upcummy and this post of endorsement on people not playing outside their friend groups and merges not fixing that.
    Tarlach is the strongest playerbase anyway so its not like we even needed full parties for anything but tech duinn elites.

Tarlach folks always did have an ego of an abnormal level.
    GretaSherri
  • happyhourhappyhour
    Mabinogi Rep: 205
    edited January 22, 2020
    they shuld have merged Alexina+Tarlach into one server and the other two server into one.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Greta wrote: »
    Man, that wasn't our fault what happened in the old 3 servers. I'm still shocked how they assumed that Nao and Alexina have "similar" population. They probably forgot all these players who have quit and waited for this merge to happen to make them come back.

Yeah the problem was that half your population came from other servers whose populations were dwindling. Hell, even one of my old guild leaders left for Alexina towards the end of 2018. Then the announcement of server made came and everyone yeeted back to their old servers. Lol.

I still consider it karmic justice. But I am willing to welcome you guys into our fold as long as WE don't have to scramble for names again. I'll call it even for the years of trolling. :P
    SaiRadiant DawnSherri
  • HarukariHarukari
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,470
    Server merge interested me for a while.
    But now I'm bored again and I barely play.

I really don't care what happens at this point.
    Hope they merge Alexina and Nao before a new decade comes lol.
    GretaRadiant Dawn
  • LutetiumLutetium

Nah not ego, just results, first server to beat feth elite, first destructive robe, first secret soluna (that rng failed and only achieved 70% completion). Even those aside it's still mostly Tarlach people I see actually doing endgame content, there are a few unfamiliar names dotted in here and there though with +Mari and +Ruairi stamped on their gear still.
    It's all perspective now of course, you could just as easily say Nao was the first server to do those things now, and even throw in a completed Soluna that failed to sig (rip), all us Bear tribe, Loli tribe, and Emoguy tribe members are all Tiddymonster tribe now and we're all bound together by having Summer 08s a decade before *NEW*tribe.
    Radiant DawnSherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

Nah not ego, just results, first server to beat feth elite, first destructive robe, first secret soluna (that rng failed and only achieved 70% completion). Even those aside it's still mostly Tarlach people I see actually doing endgame content, there are a few unfamiliar names dotted in here and there though with +Mari and +Ruairi stamped on their gear still.
    It's all perspective now of course, you could just as easily say Nao was the first server to do those things now, and even throw in a completed Soluna that failed to sig (rip), all us Bear tribe, Loli tribe, and Emoguy tribe members are all Tiddymonster tribe now and we're all bound together by having Summer 08s a decade before *NEW*tribe.

I guess that's one way to put it.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    edited January 22, 2020
    Lutetium
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Red_and_Pikachu_Artwork.png
    HuwDragoolfireLeineiSherri
  • HuwHuw
    Helsa wrote: »

It is inevitable that it will happen. The merge of last June shows that they are willing to merge servers. If the same conditions arise again then they will act accordingly. Knowing why the game was set up as separate servers, in the first place, rather than as one with many channels might help to explain why they left Alexina out of that merge. For me the motivation for a merge is not about population density, but rather the desire to be with all of my friends. For me the making of separate servers was like putting up the Berlin Wall.

Couldn't agree more.

k.
    happyhour wrote: »
    they shuld have merged Alexina+Tarlach into one server and the other two server into one.

Just to tweak your statement, they should've Merged Alexina+Tarlach+Ruairi+Mari into one.

No doubt that competition is amazing in some minds I suppose, though irrelevant as that all is, having veterans run that content does sound fun and enjoyable.