Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!
Closed

What is this? (Announcement Spam Gone Haywire)

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Crims wrote: »
    Eralea wrote: »
    It's a copy and paste of this article: http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20160729000733
    Note that:
    1) the copy and paste includes the caption of the photo, indicating that the skriddie behind this is too lazy to even look at what he's copying and pasting,
    2) the article itself is from 2016, so it's not a particularly recent event, and
    3) there has been an update on it (spoilers: he was acquitted): http://www.theinvestor.co.kr/view.php?ud=20161213000879

My guess is that the content of the copypasta isn't what's important. I reckon the real purpose here is for some bonehead to show off his shiny new packet editor.

Somebody posted this in the official discord server last month, same kinda thing:
    alexinamerge.gif

First he couldn't sell Nexon, now he is caught embezzling. Poor Nexon employees have to pay for his bs. Welp, godspeed to everyone.

You have it the other way around. He was accused of embezzlement, acquitted of all charges, then he said I had enough, I'm gonna sell this ****. But with the trade wars unfolding, the appetite to buy a large corporation at his valuation last year waned and he ended up not selling and instead started to consolidate operations and reinvest for the future.

Whoever is doing this has some beef against Nexon, probably a former employee trying to use lowly tactics for revenge.
    pawcalypseLiberateCrimsọnDarkpixie99Wolfsinger
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    It's a copy and paste of this article: http://www.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=20160729000733
    Note that:
    1) the copy and paste includes the caption of the photo, indicating that the skriddie behind this is too lazy to even look at what he's copying and pasting,
    2) the article itself is from 2016, so it's not a particularly recent event, and
    3) there has been an update on it (spoilers: he was acquitted): http://www.theinvestor.co.kr/view.php?ud=20161213000879

My guess is that the content of the copypasta isn't what's important. I reckon the real purpose here is for some bonehead to show off his shiny new packet editor.

Somebody posted this in the official discord server last month, same kinda thing:
    alexinamerge.gif

First he couldn't sell Nexon, now he is caught embezzling. Poor Nexon employees have to pay for his bs. Welp, godspeed to everyone.

You have it the other way around. He was accused of embezzlement, acquitted of all charges, then he said I had enough, I'm gonna sell this ****. But with the trade wars unfolding, the appetite to buy a large corporation at his valuation last year waned and he ended up not selling and instead started to consolidate operations and reinvest for the future.

Whoever is doing this has some beef against Nexon, probably a former employee trying to use lowly tactics for revenge.

Could be, maybe it's an old GM upset that they lost their job. Maybe it's the "Why I quit Mabinogi: in thirty minutes or less" guy and they're mad because no one cares, maybe it's just a script kiddy trolling because they're bored. Or maybe it's just a coincidence that Pan's main is in that image! Mwa ha ha ha ha!
    pawcalypseDarkpixie99
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Helsa wrote: »
    Note that:

alexinamerge.gif

Could be, maybe it's an old GM upset that they lost their job. Maybe it's the "Why I quit Mabinogi: in thirty minutes or less" guy and they're mad because no one cares, maybe it's just a script kiddy trolling because they're bored. Or maybe it's just a coincidence that Pan's main is in that image! Mwa ha ha ha ha!

Oh god, Pan. smhlol.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Just now realized that gif has weird font on some character names ;) I can only guess which main is Pan's, because no idea how Helsa knows.
  • HelsaHelsa
    edited January 22, 2020
    Greta wrote: »
    Just now realized that gif has weird font on some character names ;) I can only guess which main is Pan's, because no idea how Helsa knows.

Pft! Please. Nexon knows who Pan is. Half of Alexina knows who Pan is. Even some on Nao know who Pan is.
    pawcalypseWolfsinger
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990
    edited January 22, 2020

Pft! Please. Nexon knows who Pan is. Half of Alexina knows who Pan is. Even some on Nao know who Pan is.

well Im part of the other half who doesnt know please explain

and I dont know whats happening here I thought that was an actual announcement
    when it kept appearing I pressed enter to make chat/message tab appear (not logs)
    then switched to either family, guild or squad and then clicked the screen to continue what I was doing
    its a method I was able to figure out to completely silence the chats/messages appearing in my screen
    especially when Im looking around shops in dunby ch1 where the ad bots wont stop
    noobodyzxz wrote: »

when it kept appearing I pressed enter to make chat/message tab appear (not logs)
    then switched to either family, guild or squad and then clicked the screen to continue what I was doing
    its a method I was able to figure out to completely silence the chats/messages appearing in my screen
    especially when Im looking around shops in dunby ch1 where the ad bots wont stop

You're better off not knowing.
    116px-Pan_Character_Portrait.png
  • HelsaHelsa

Listen to them. They know. THEY KNOW! T-H-E-Y K-N-O-W!!!
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

c75cf576f2f259bb0afd3bd71349ef47.jpg
  • noobodyzxznoobodyzxz
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,990

c75cf576f2f259bb0afd3bd71349ef47.jpg

3mxo8b.jpg

I still dont understand

a3xpBPqD3_480w_v1.jpg
  • EraleaEralea
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,890

It's not my gif, go ask the person who posted it in the server 8)

Actually, I want to question the person who recorded this too. The rest of the gif is in a normal font. Why are only those guys different? I'm not an expert on text mods but surely that's not how they work?
    GretapawcalypseWolfsinger
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    edited January 23, 2020
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    What even is that?

And why are some of the words different sizes, it's kind of obnoxious to read.
    I mean, more obnoxious than it is by default.

The story is just looping, too.
    It's the kind of stuff you'd expect to read over in that Nexon HQ thread over in town square.

Google translate, they must be bots then.
    Mabi6 wrote: »
    Its happening in the nao server too, saw people were typing about people spamming urls of nasty pictures. There are sick minded individuals past a certain time in mabi and no way to block them, it's getting really annoying.
    They should probably cease and desist, especially since the age range here is 12+, according to KR rating.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    edited January 23, 2020
    ax47w.jpg
    Darkpixie99pawcalypseKensamaofmari
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited January 23, 2020

Then it likely is an ex staff member with knowledge of bot scripting, along with knowledge of the business abroad.
    Will probably see this thread locked and archived for future reference.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Then it likely is an ex staff member with knowledge of bot scripting, along with knowledge of the business abroad.

How do you KNOWWWW???
    Darkpixie99
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    edited January 23, 2020

How do you KNOWWWW???

Eh, to be fair, Mabinogi's code has been hacked in the past.
    Shouldn't be too impossible for some dweeb to stumble upon the townsquare thread and pick something from a link for shiggles.
    Remember that time everyone was spamming the heal skill for fear of a hacking exploit?
    pawcalypse
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705

How do you KNOWWWW???

Eh, to be fair, Mabinogi's code has been hacked in the past.
    Shouldn't be too impossible for some dweeb to stumble upon the townsquare thread and pick something from a link for shiggles.
    Remember that time everyone was spamming the heal skill for fear of a hacking exploit?

Those dark times. I made alts in case I became a victim, and I did become one. I now have two accounts since I got my old account back. The hacker just used my old account, for MapleStory by the looks of the purchases yet I didn't have credits/points left anyway.
    Darkpixie99

How do you KNOWWWW???

You ever heard of the Burning of the Books?
    It will be like that. All in existence will be destroyed.
    Oops my hands slipped.
    Darkpixie99
This discussion has been closed.