Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Please change G15: Whiskey is thicker than Water

ZypherianZypherian
Mabinogi Rep: 515
edited January 19, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
Tl;Dr. The quest requires you to reach Belvast Merchant Rating 2. Please change this quest requirement. My suggestion; Complete a trade from Belvast.

This is a problem because of the innate functions of Commerce and Merchant Rating. The goods are always a negative profit, therefore you don't gain any experience nor merchant Rating. The goods are always negative because people are constantly trading from Belvast, and if you don't have a high enough Merchant Rating and matching Enchants, you can't gain rating, which in turn bricks the quest.
Draech

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Zypherian wrote: »
    Tl;Dr. The quest requires you to reach Belvast Merchant Rating 2. Please change this quest requirement. My suggestion; Complete a trade from Belvast.

This is a problem because of the innate functions of Commerce and Merchant Rating. The goods are always a negative profit, therefore you don't gain any experience nor merchant Rating. The goods are always negative because people are constantly trading from Belvast, and if you don't have a high enough Merchant Rating and matching Enchants, you can't gain rating, which in turn bricks the quest.

They are negative for trading with port Cobh and Dunbarton, by design since they are right next door; just go a little bit farther.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »

They are negative for trading with port Cobh and Dunbarton, by design since they are right next door; just go a little bit farther.

Nope, someone posted in general the same problem and all destinations and routes yield losses for all goods from Belvast.
  • HelsaHelsa

Nope, someone posted in general the same problem and all destinations and routes yield losses for all goods from Belvast.

Belfast is one of the best towns to trade out of. If all destinations are showing blue, it means that it's popular. So, it's just a matter of timing. If not then it's a bug and the issue is with the Belfast node in the commerce system not with the quest.

Belfast is one of the best towns to trade out of. If all destinations are showing blue, it means that it's popular. So, it's just a matter of timing. If not then it's a bug and the issue is with the Belfast node in the commerce system not with the quest.

I believe the complaint is that because Belvast goods are heavily trafficked, it makes it difficult for them to complete the required quest which requires you to get to Lvl 2 Belvast which only progresses if you have a successful profit transaction from that town. I don't think most people trying to get to lvl 2 have enough ducats to risk losses each time they trade Belvast goods.

I'm still calling for an upgrade in the commerce system regardless. The supply and demand functions are nonexistent.
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    Getting to lv 2 is not hard at all. It's just about timing. If you are worried about losing ducats then ask a friend or guild member to guide you on a few runs.
  • ZypherianZypherian
    Mabinogi Rep: 515
    edited January 23, 2020
    I'm not sure what it's like on Alexina, but Belvast is the most popular town to trade from from my personal experience. It's not a matter of "timing", because it's constantly in trade. And since the enchants and rating work as they do, a player just trying to do the story cannot advance due to needing the specialization that those bonuses offer. The included image is what the trading post on Nao constantly looks like. I'd be fine walking to Tara sixteen times, if it yielded any profit for merchant rating.
    cG29Sf.jpg
    h5sVw9.jpg
    *Edit was to show both options for trading from Belvast.
    Belvast trading should not be entitled to the 1%
  • SkyahriSkyahri
    Mabinogi Rep: 980
    The reason the rates are like this now is because people needed level 7 to break the new Tory Ravine Seal Stone for G24. Will the prices ever recover? I don't know.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    How do the prices normalize anyways?
    They obviously go down as those items are sold to places, but do they even out over time as people stop trading in those goods?
    Or does that town have to have an intake of goods from other towns, or what?

The prices are so bad in Belvast at the moment, and people at low Merchant Rating for Belvast have it extra hard, as they don't have even the 1% discount yet, since that only starts at Merchant level 5.
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    They obviously go down as those items are sold to places, but do they even out over time as people stop trading in those goods?

The prices are so bad in Belvast at the moment, and people at low Merchant Rating for Belvast have it extra hard, as they don't have even the 1% discount yet, since that only starts at Merchant level 5.

They're supposed to "reset" with maintenance. Or at least that's what I remember they said when commerce came out.
    There is no natural consumption of goods, so basically players fill up the quotas of a certain good/route until it hits negative.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Iyasenu wrote: »

Remember Mabi NA is a misnomer; it's really Mabi World-except-for-the-far-east-of-Asia. So someone is always up and there is no overnight for them to recover. The price fluctuations should be tied, dynamically, to the logged-in population rather than being based on fixed values. This is why Tarlach was the best server for commerce.
    Kensamaofmari