Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Catsidhe Best Life Talent Option?

GremmGremm
Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
edited January 24, 2020 in General Chat
200114-mbw-1739-jewelpetbox-header-590x165.jpg
Catsidhe Details

-Every Catsidhe Pet comes with 3 Nyan-Nyan Gem Boxes.
-Catsidhe pets provide Milletians with beneficial effects. Upon summoning a Catsidhe for the first time, you can select 1 Life Talent that will have a Training EXP x2.0 Bonus effect applied to it whenever your Catsidhe is summoned.
-Once you pick a Life Talent for your Catsidhe to support, you cannot change it.
-Catsidhe pets have a special skill called "Piercing Howl". When used, it will temporarily leave a mark on enemies that grants additional EXP when the enemies are defeated.
-When Catsidhe pets are summoned, they use a hidden skill called "Gummy Attack". Gummy Attack stuns enemies for 5 seconds and damages them for 400-560.
-Gummy Attack will also leave 8 mini paw effects which you can run through to recover 10% HP (does not recover wounds).
-Catsidhe's range attack is called "Circle of Magic". When used, it will grant a debuff effect on the enemy.
--The debuff effect lowers Defense, Protection, and Movement Speed.

Pet Stats (without divine link) (Inv 10x10)
Credits to Neptan for providing the picture!
TFP1yFt.jpg

Alright, if you summon your new Catsidhe pet you can get a boon to a Life Talent, with an Exp x2.0 Bonus in the talent you picked.
What would be the perfect Life Talent to boost with your new pet?

Adventure
5 Skills, Rest, Campfire, Fishing, Transformation Mastery, Taming Wild Animals.
Most skills here are fairly easy to rank up except Fishing that takes time.
(Remember that Rest and Campfire cant be trained, they rank up with books and misc tasks!)

Merchantile
2 Skills, Commerce Mastery, Gold Strike.
It needs a lot of time and money to rank up these two skills.
(Warning! Pets cannot be summoned while commercing.)

Holy Arts
10 Skills, Party Healing, First Aid, Mana Shield, Healing, Lightning Shield, Natural Shield, Fire Shield, Ice Shield, Meditation, Magic Mastery.
Some can be tricky to acquire but except Healing and Party Healing, most skills are easy to rank.
(First aid cant be trained, rank up with quests and books. Mana Shield is currently capped at Rank 6, it is not possible to rank it further. Meditation is currently capped at Rank 8, it is not possible to rank it further.)

Cooking
8 Skills, Cooking, Egg Gathering, Mushroom Gathering, Milking, Harvesting, Hoeing, Wine Making, Production Mastery.
Most skills are passive here and only need some effort to rank up.

Smithing
5 Skills, Metallurgy, Mining, Blacksmithing, Refining, Production Mastery.
The 3 main skills Metallurgy, Blacksmithing and Refining take a lot of time, resources and money to rank.

Tailoring
4 Skills, Tailoring, Sheep Shearing, Weaving, Production Mastery.
The 2 main skills Tailoring and Weaving takes a lot of resources and work to rank up.

Medicine
3 Skills, Herbalism, Potion Making, Production Mastery.
The two main skills Herbalism and Potion Making need time and resources to rank up.

Carpentry
3 Skills, Carpentry, Handicraft, Production Mastery.
Carpentry and Handicraft need a lot of material and time.

Skills not affected by the Catsidhe Pet's Training EXP x2.0 Bonus effect.
Adventure - Dobbelganger, Exploration Mastery, Artifact Investigation, Crisis Escape.
Merchantile -
Holy Arts - Shockwave.
Cooking - Tasting, Ingredient Hunting, Catering.
Smithing -
Tailoring - Spider Shot.
Medicine - Study: Potion Lore.
Carpentry - Spider Shot.

After chatting with a GM i asked questions whether the Talent Option is the same for every character on your account or not, after some discussions, they came up with an answer.
Thank you for waiting! As per our game team, it's for the pet selection. Once a life skill has been selected, it will be given to any character on the account when summoned for the same selection. Hope this has somehow answered your concern.
In other words, the talent you pick will get an exp x2 boost for all of your characters for that specific talent you picked.

Abyss Catsidhe
jbp_abysscatsidhe_v1.gif

Luminous Catsidhe
jbp_lumiacatsidhe_v1.gif

1. What Life Talent do you recommend to the Mabi-community?19 votes
    1. Adventure
       5% (1 vote)
    2. Merchantile
       11% (2 votes)
    3. Holy Arts
       5% (1 vote)
    4. Cooking
       0% (0 votes)
    5. Smithing
       47% (9 votes)
    6. Tailoring
       21% (4 votes)
    7. Medicine
       5% (1 vote)
    8. Carpentry
       5% (1 vote)

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Pet Handling (coming later!) is a good choice as well, if you want to play the waiting game. It'll include the new Pet Handling skills as well as Magic Craft, Hillwen Engineering, Shyllien Ecology, and Rare Mineralogy.

But if it had to be one of these...
    Maybe Carpentry or Smithing.
    Leaning towards carpentry.
    GremmBlissfulkillRhey
  • GremmGremm
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Pet Handling (coming later!) is a good choice as well, if you want to play the waiting game. It'll include the new Pet Handling skills as well as Magic Craft, Hillwen Engineering, Shyllien Ecology, and Rare Mineralogy.

Unfortunately, these 8 are the only available talents for the current Catsidhe pets. BUT, if you put it up for adoption the Life Talent will be reset and the new owner can pick another talent instead. (InGame message before confirming your choice/talent)
    Iyasenu
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    I wonder if you can wait for the Pet Handling though....
  • GremmGremm
    edited January 23, 2020

Maybe, it is not certain that the Pet Handling Talent will be added to the Catsidhe Pet's Talent list though.
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    You can't do commerce with a pet summoned, only certain partners. Don't use it on Mercantile.
    Gremm
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    Adventure life talent would be worth it if the catsidhe also increased the chance of getting points for a transformation even if the buff was only a 2% higher chance. some transformations have insanely low collection chances. sadly it doesn't cover that but it would be really cool if it did.
    Gremm
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I went with Medicine but honestly, Blacksmith would be a really good choice since it's so grindy (or so I hear, never got into it myself)
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Sherri wrote: »
    I went with Medicine but honestly, Blacksmith would be a really good choice since it's so grindy (or so I hear, never got into it myself)
    It is, but I just skill sealed it.
  • MaiaMaia
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,195
    edited January 23, 2020

Afaik from kr sources you can't. The Catsidhe options don't get updated for new talents. You have to choose from the ones currently available.

With that in mind, you might as well pick smithing/tailoring and get your use out of it then resell the pet or forget about it. I guess there's always the possibility they could go back and update old content... but they're more likely to just release another new pet which gives pet handling 2x training.
  • GremmGremm
    Sherri wrote: »

Like all other Crafting talents, it is really expensive and takes a lot of time to grind up to a decent rank. I cant compare it to Tailoring or Carpentry since i havent spent a lot of time with those two but, i got to R5 Smithing and R1 Reforging and it costed me nearly half a year and over 8 million gold in materials and blueprints + grinding the dungeons etc for materials. (not fun..)

So having a pet that halves that time is a godsent for me. ^^"
  • JekzellJekzell
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,050
    Gaby5011 wrote: »
    You can't do commerce with a pet summoned, only certain partners. Don't use it on Mercantile.

You can summon a alpaca pet in commerce if you have one
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Jekzell wrote: »

No. You only use the Alpaca to access a unique Alpaca mount at the Commerce Buying Screen with the Goblin before beginning to commerce.

The alpaca is then desummoned, with your Alpaca commerce mount doing nothing different from the thoroughbred other than more commerce inventory and carrying capacity.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

No. You only use the Alpaca to access a unique Alpaca mount at the Commerce Buying Screen with the Goblin before beginning to commerce.

The alpaca is then desummoned, with your Alpaca commerce mount doing nothing different from the thoroughbred other than more commerce inventory and carrying capacity.

Same thing with commerce partners.
  • GremmGremm

Nope, the Commerce partner can actually run around with you and help you fight. They wont despawn during commerce.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Gremm wrote: »

Nope, the Commerce partner can actually run around with you and help you fight. They wont despawn during commerce.

Reminding me of my regrets, I really should have bought one of those when I had the money to spare XDD
    That is interesting though, I thought the alpacas we summoned were actually used. Huh, notes.
  • ChaosShadowChaosShadow
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,590
    edited January 25, 2020
    As Iyasenu already noted, Pet Handling would be the ideal choice as far as I'm concerned. However, if the Catsidhe's bonus really can't be applied to it as others are saying, I'd say the next choice should be more than obvious: Blacksmithing. Carpentry is a drag, sure, but it doesn't cost you an unnecessary amount of money per rank, like how smithing does with its manuals.

The rest just aren't as cumbersome and inconvenient as Smithing is, so they're not really worth considering- Save maybe Cooking, but even that one can be trained very easily with just a few exp buffs. (Level 200 + Life x2 Pot + Complete x2 Pot + Talent x2 is what I used to go from r4 to r1 a few days ago.)

Maybe Tailoring too, but I can't really comment on Tailoring though... My memory of Tailoring just involves failing Headbands a lot to get to r1.
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Personally I am just going to wait until Pet Handling come out and see if it works... otherwise... idk what to do with it... lol
    AlexLight
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175

I'm pretty much on semi-hiatus so this new update flew under my radar but this is such a missed opportunity to make an official summoner class.

Just sayin.

giphy.gif

GremmWolfsingerCrimsọn
  • SollSoll
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,330
    I've went with tailoring on the sole basis that this skillset does not have one, but two grindy skills.

Blacksmith talent only has its own skill that is really problematic to rank, while with tailoring you have both Tailoring itself and weaving.

Sheep shearing is also technically grindy, but at least its requirements mostly stay the same, unlike weaving.

Refining and Mining are easy to rank in comparison. Metallurgy just costs you time and sieves.
    Gremm