Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The REAL Reason Why Black-Hats Target Nexon, etc.

HabimaruHabimaru
Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
edited January 26, 2020 in General Chat
...I blame it on those Crazy, Insane, Lunatic, Deluded, Tin-Foil-Hat-Wearing Conspiracy Theorists, especially the ones who work for CNN, ABC, CBS, CBC, BBC, and even FOX, too ! Why ? They blame everything on Video-Games ! Yes, EVERYTHING, literally EVERYTHING!!! School-shootings ? Video-games are to blame (so they say) ! Terrorist-Attacks ? It's those damn video-games (so they say) ! Society falling into the depravity of subjects/topics that we cannot mention on these forums due to their mere mention being against the ToS/CoC ? It's obviously because of video-games (or so they claim) ! (So-called) Natural-Disasters like hurricanes, floods, tornadoes, tsunamis, forest-fires, etc., etc. ? Video-games are obviously the cause of those disasters (according to those Conspiracy Theorist «news» reporters of course) !

Like, seriously, out of all of the «conspiracy theories» I have come across and observed throughout my «awokened» life, the blame on video-games for being responsible for ALL of society's ills, woes, disasters, problems, break-downs, social-destruction, societical-corruption, etc., has got to be the TOP «conspiracy theory» which should make us all question the credibility of those «conspiracy theorists» who report from CNN, ABC, CBS, CBC, BBC, FOX, MSNBC, etc., especially when they promote such «crazy ideas» that video-games are to blame for ALL of the world's problems ! Nobody is safe from those dangerous Conspiracy Theorists and Black-Hats who believe in their crazy-and-insane anti-video-game conspiracy theories ! As I recall, every computer has a «back door» that was designed right into the very CPU themselves (a literal «hardware» back-door), thus making it unnecessary for a news-media-aligned black-hat to have been a former employee to be able to bypass the various security checks and balances (but that is another topic for another time as I'd need to find my supreme-court case-reference or other reliable source of information which would prove that hardware back-dooring is not a joke; there is information about the FBI pressuring Apple to put in a back-door to its Apple-products so at least that can be verified).
Thordagreat

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    edited January 27, 2020
    Go back to sleep Habi.
    Radiant DawnPinkiesandwichWolfsingerRiddleTricksterVythanLeDarkpixie99Leineipawcalypse
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited January 27, 2020
    Oh, I too hate it when idiots blame video games for mistakes they likely made themselves...folks just wanted to justify by blaming to save face, to cover up foolishness and pretty much not getting to the bottom of it.

But oh wells, just sit back, enjoy watching everything burn by the foolishness of man, enjoy the glorious day when they mess with the wrong force only to ruin themselves and everyone else.

Let them be consumed by what they had started because they won't listen to reason. Only time will tell when the inevitable happens. Heh...
    Radiant Dawn
  • SurreptitiouslySurreptitiously
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,560
    Nu5eTF5.jpg
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    MyWTFface.png
  • AlshianAlshian
    Does this look like the face of mercy to you? >w<
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Habimaru wrote: »
    As I recall, every computer has a «back door» that was designed right into the very CPU themselves (a literal «hardware» back-door), thus making it unnecessary for a news-media-aligned black-hat to have been a former employee to be able to bypass the various security checks and balances (but that is another topic for another time as I'd need to find my supreme-court case-reference or other reliable source of information which would prove that hardware back-dooring is not a joke

Why would you need a supreme court case reference to prove that IME (Intel Management Engine) is a hardware backdoor? It's already well known and the NSA's disable switch has already been dug up. Similar functionality is also built into Intel network interface controllers, so avoid those as well.
    Of course theres reason to believe many of the baked in hardware vulnerabilities in Intel's processors are backdoors or results of backdoors as well, others are simply the result of modern processor design and are present in processors from AMD, ARM, and IBM as well however so until internal Intel documents come out confirming they're backdoors it's better to air on the side of "it's incompetence".

The rest of your post sounds like schizophrenic-tier rantings though to be honest, theres no black hats going after Mabi it's just skiddies packet editing because Devcat lets the client do too many things it shouldn't and the server isn't designed with security in mind and just lets it through, eg the blackrobing epidemic caused by packet editing to remove other player's head equip item from their hidden inventory and use it as a camping kit, causing the character data to be considered corrupted due to missing that equip and there being no graceful fail/fallback programmed in, that specifically has been fixed for some years at least (2012? idr, whenever GMBoo was around). Video games being scapegoated for the world's problem by the media is nothing new, before that it was dungeons and dragons, rock music, etc. people who don't understand something need a simple target to blame for things, but I made this post to clarify CPU hardware vulnerabilities not discuss philosophy and human nature.
    GretaLiberatepawcalypse
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    School shootings? Blame guns.

There have been a lot of shootings lately.

Still not getting my guns. I know all these shootings are ramping up to gun confiscation. Which will result in more shootings.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    and even FOX

... and even FOX? The conspiracy lunatic fringe starts and ends with FOX.
    DragoolfireWolfsinger
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited January 27, 2020
    Helsa wrote: »
    and even FOX

Still your president.

Anyway this thread is done lol.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Crims wrote: »
    and even FOX

Still your president.

Pft! There is no president, the country is on autopilot right now.
    Radiant Dawn
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Crims wrote: »
    and even FOX

Still your president.

Pft! There is no president, the country is on autopilot right now.

Your response should have been, you have no president, since you live in a monarchy.
  • RiddleTricksterRiddleTrickster
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,585
    Lutetium wrote: »
    As I recall, every computer has a «back door» that was designed right into the very CPU themselves (a literal «hardware» back-door), thus making it unnecessary for a news-media-aligned black-hat to have been a former employee to be able to bypass the various security checks and balances (but that is another topic for another time as I'd need to find my supreme-court case-reference or other reliable source of information which would prove that hardware back-dooring is not a joke

Why would you need a supreme court case reference to prove that IME (Intel Management Engine) is a hardware backdoor? It's already well known and the NSA's disable switch has already been dug up. Similar functionality is also built into Intel network interface controllers, so avoid those as well.
    Of course theres reason to believe many of the baked in hardware vulnerabilities in Intel's processors are backdoors or results of backdoors as well, others are simply the result of modern processor design and are present in processors from AMD, ARM, and IBM as well however so until internal Intel documents come out confirming they're backdoors it's better to air on the side of "it's incompetence".

The rest of your post sounds like schizophrenic-tier rantings though to be honest, theres no black hats going after Mabi it's just skiddies packet editing because Devcat lets the client do too many things it shouldn't and the server isn't designed with security in mind and just lets it through, eg the blackrobing epidemic caused by packet editing to remove other player's head equip item from their hidden inventory and use it as a camping kit, causing the character data to be considered corrupted due to missing that equip and there being no graceful fail/fallback programmed in, that specifically has been fixed for some years at least (2012? idr, whenever GMBoo was around). Video games being scapegoated for the world's problem by the media is nothing new, before that it was dungeons and dragons, rock music, etc. people who don't understand something need a simple target to blame for things, but I made this post to clarify CPU hardware vulnerabilities not discuss philosophy and human nature.

Just let it go, I wouldn't spend anymore energy explaining things to him. On the old forums not only was it worst than this, he believes in earth being flat if I remember right (those that believe that has severe perception and 3d imagery issues), and that science taught in schools are lies with the belief student labs being conducted are wrong smh. It is also a headache reading the horrible way he types with excessive symbols. Don't encourage pls xD.
    ChaosShadow
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    But it's true that video games can have an effect in the real world. I've spent countless hours playing Tetris and now I can't enter any room without stacking all the furniture.
    This can be seen in people playing other games too. Fruit Ninja and Angry Birds is popular and look at how they've affected the world, people throwing fruit in the air and throwing birds at pigs. This has to stop! At this rate mines are going to go extinct from all the kids sweeping them! And don't even get me started on Solitaire!!

It's only a matter of time before Mabinogi makes people in the real world put on paladin armour at 5:50AM every day. A few more years and we'll be seeing people standing in town doing literally nothing for hours.
    DragoolfireWolfsingerRadiant Dawn
  • AlshianAlshian
    edited January 27, 2020
    Its thanks to games that it opens my eyes making me less gullible which is a skill any human being needs else they become mindless sheeps.

Its thanks to action games that it feeds our brains information as well as training it.

Its thanks to action games that you can likely get a grasp of the situation faster even from mystery games.

Its thanks to games we develop critical thinking from puzzles.

Its thanks to games we maintain flexible thinking outside the box to what likely had more than it seems.

Its thanks to survival games that we at least gain some tips that could really save our own lives.

There are many other Pros from games that outline cons to the point that maybe those blaming games had found out that if they take away the games, we become...how do I word it? Emotionally challenged? Unable to really see big pictures? Unable to to develop critical thinking?

Don't know but what I do know its either we have games, or some of us would likely turn to something else as an escape that could do some harm to either ourselves or anyone else.

PS: I am still dying from laughing about fools who believe games make your brains rotten...
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    I want to do the Paladin Armor thing.... but I am stuck as and Infra (Venom) Black.... I want to be a Champion!
  • AlshianAlshian
    I want to do the Paladin Armor thing.... but I am stuck as and Infra (Venom) Black.... I want to be a Champion!

Had not watched enough DC that I forgot Venom was a thing, till I saw ads about the Movie "Venom" but Now I can't unsee dark knights being Venoms XD
  • DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,590
    Alshian wrote: »

Had not watched enough DC that I forgot Venom was a thing, till I saw ads about the Movie "Venom" but Now I can't unsee dark knights being Venoms XD

lol, thats what i have thought of it for almost 10 years now
  • HelsaHelsa
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    MyWTFface.png

Thank you! Finally someone with something useful to say!

Allow me a rebuttal:

latest?cb=20171229212822&path-prefix=protagonist

FayeKaiba
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    hehe politic
  • FayeKaibaFayeKaiba
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,670
    FayeKaiba wrote: »
    MyWTFface.png

Thank you! Finally someone with something useful to say!

Allow me a rebuttal:

latest?cb=20171229212822&path-prefix=protagonist

I have so many pony reaction images. I love them for situations like this.
    Wolfsinger