Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

The REAL Reason Why Black-Hats Target Nexon, etc.

Comments

• WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Alshian wrote: »
    Its thanks to games that it opens my eyes making me less gullible which is a skill any human being needs else they become mindless sheeps.

Its thanks to action games that it feeds our brains information as well as training it.

Its thanks to action games that you can likely get a grasp of the situation faster even from mystery games.

Its thanks to games we develop critical thinking from puzzles.

Its thanks to games we maintain flexible thinking outside the box to what likely had more than it seems.

Its thanks to survival games that we at least gain some tips that could really save our own lives.

There are many other Pros from games that outline cons to the point that maybe those blaming games had found out that if they take away the games, we become...how do I word it? Emotionally challenged? Unable to really see big pictures? Unable to to develop critical thinking?

Don't know but what I do know its either we have games, or some of us would likely turn to something else as an escape that could do some harm to either ourselves or anyone else.

PS: I am still dying from laughing about fools who believe games make your brains rotten...

......okay

I'm going to play devil's advocate, because you inspired me, so lets play a game shall we? :)

The old perception came into being because there were some negative signs and influences, which were and are based on real facts. Too much screen time and the like does actually have negative effects, but of course that comes down to actually learning your limits and having proper moderation in time spent. So, fixable.
    There is also something correct though about what people fill their heads with. Two people involved in one of those mass shootings, for a dark example, were known to have watched and played horror games for hours/days/a long time before they committed their dark deed FOR inspiration. Not saying it is a main cause, but it did help, just like many other factors had in their gosh-awful decision. It also does desensitize the brain to certain imagery, thoughts and actions, which does influence how we think and see things just like music and other examples of imagery. So no, it is not completely innocent, just as it is not completely guilty.
    What you state is not wholly incorrect, but it is a somewhat one-sided argument. EG. since most survival games I know just tell you to grab certain items and nothing about how you're actually crafting them together, for instance :P

Okay I'm done. Back to lurk XD
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited January 28, 2020
    I like games, but I can't let it turn me into something Id find shame to be, games is for fun, sometimes even with answers you were looking for, a Point of view not tried but from a game, you live and then you learn.

Using some profound wisdom you can get from games, you look around yourself to wondering you had this invisible shell placed by ideals, culture, beliefs, and code. Intelligence is the greatest gift and using your wisdom you had gained to better yourself, it becomes good or evil, a double edged sword. The mind is very complex, to the point people fear what a single genius can do, one that had potential, this sort of self claimed limit that a human have which could never be achieved if you simply never put your mind to it, at least till you peak. There too comes with those who loath themselves as well as being pity, jealous of those with success, seeking to either sabotage or ruin them.

What I saw so far was, bad person does this with that, they take that away because said bad person did it with that, which that could of been used for a different purpose, a purpose that would of had saved lives, giving you that fighting chance to protect. They chose to take what was easy instead to improve, so they took that away.

People play the victim but never were, they claim what was right which was painfully wrong, entitled they forget that the options are endless, will they take everything away till your very hands became a threat?

Games have Pros just as they have Cons, they may had played a part to something negative but that choice was the one who used it, not the games of it's entirety.

So what may had caused those things you blamed games for? Look around you, what do you see? What is on your mind? Your house? Your Job? Your way of living? or perhaps, it was the struggles, Tax, unfair laws, misused information spread that likely had been bent to become a lie, and, very likely...the people themselves. The root can even go deeper, scams, annoying "mandatory" insurance that even officers likely don't even know what they were for, and so much more but how can I forget my personal favorite? The very ones we had placed in that "chair" from the votes they probably don't deserve. So far not all had shown the best interest in mind at all because they became what is similar to choosing your "Poison" instead of what is actually the best course of action. The "Pros" they bring to the table became what could indirectly hurt people, causing a little oops in the turmoil. It all comes down to a complete lack of "common sense" which than became the most horrible action.

PS:Games likely get blamed for views and votes is what I am thinking at least, they join into something believing they get liked, something we call "Wanting to fit in" "Or just here to make use of your trust to something else". Anyways I saw something that were obvious because I played enough video games to tell, "This does not even look right huh?" because I had seen this happen before...IN VIDEO GAMES. xD

BOI DO I LIKE MAKING THIS WALL OF TEXT, AM I RIGHT?? BUT I GET IT, YOU LIKE TO BLAME THINGS TO FEEL LIKE YOUR IN IT FOR THE CAUSE. XD
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Is this even about Mabinogi?
    Radiant DawnNilremCrimsọn
  • AlshianAlshian
    Greta wrote: »

I had a habit of going beyond what was the topic sometimes = w =.....
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165

When was it ever about mabinogi.
    AlshianRadiant Dawn
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Crims wrote: »

When was Mabinogi even about Mabinogi?
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

We should ask the Celts about it
    Sherri wrote: »

We should ask the Celts about it

I've asked Brennus, who said to check with Boudica.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380

<elephant_in_the_room>The OP has yet to reply in this thread. Gosh what could that mean?</elephant_in_the_room>
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    ...what...? Were you expecting him to bring an Elephant-Swatter...?
    In any case, the OP could be busy with other things, may not have been able to log on to respond, Mabinogi is considered to be part of the video-game category (even though it is more accurately part of the «computer» game category), some people might realise that the thread/post may be so «outrageous» (or whatever the word is to describe some sort of absurd extremity) that not even the OP could possibly actually believe what he posted, perhaps it was posted as an example of «logic» being used in a rather ludicrous manner (not necessarily a «parody» but similar enough), and maybe another elephant was spotted... such as how the Wuhan-Corona-Virus is not yet being promoted by those «news» stations as the result of the existence of video-games...!

'Tis also been my experiences in life that such «anti-video-game» people are extremely unreasonable in just about everything!
    Helsa wrote: »

<elephant_in_the_room>The OP has yet to reply in this thread. Gosh what could that mean?</elephant_in_the_room>
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    This thread is going everywhere, but at the same time nowhere.
    Blissfulkill
  • AlshianAlshian

Sounds like me, when I play Mabinogi when trying to get yourself gear, RNG just takes me nowhere >w>
    Radiant Dawn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

It's an unthread. Everyday is an unthread. XD

Thread reverts back to cobweb
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Cobweb goes back inside white spider's ass.

Spider goes back into egg.
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    This thread brought out a lot of old forum posters.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn

Egg goes back into momma white spider's ass.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Habimaru wrote: »
    ...what...? Were you expecting him to bring an Elephant-Swatter...?
    In any case, the OP could be busy with other things, may not have been able to log on to respond, Mabinogi is considered to be part of the video-game category (even though it is more accurately part of the «computer» game category), some people might realise that the thread/post may be so «outrageous» (or whatever the word is to describe some sort of absurd extremity) that not even the OP could possibly actually believe what he posted, perhaps it was posted as an example of «logic» being used in a rather ludicrous manner (not necessarily a «parody» but similar enough), and maybe another elephant was spotted... such as how the Wuhan-Corona-Virus is not yet being promoted by those «news» stations as the result of the existence of video-games...!

'Tis also been my experiences in life that such «anti-video-game» people are extremely unreasonable in just about everything!
    Helsa wrote: »

Made you blink.

Egg goes back into momma white spider's ass.

Not Giant Red Spider?