Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Unable to Change Character's Name

AliceArmyAliceArmy
Mabinogi Rep: 410
in Help
I have a character who I've been trying to change the name of since they announced they'd be selling name change coupons for 10,000 NX. At the time it said my character was ineligible and I assumed it was because my character was under the level requirements. However, I went in to try it again today and it keeps saying my character is "ineligible" and I can't seem to figure out why because she meets all the requirements. She's not in a guild or family, she's level 3000+ and I don't even know what a Cash Shop is, so there's no way I have anything in there. I've never changed her name before either so I'm confused as to why I can't change the name. My friend was able to do it on the day it released right before they took it down, but I still can't seem to get it to work. This is really frustrating me!

Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Considering you don't know what the Cash Shop is, have you actually purchased a Name Change Coupon using NX yet? Make sure that, on the Name Change Submission site, it states you have 1 coupon available when selecting a character, otherwise you'll need to buy one.
    AliceArmy
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Wait, so free name change service is null now?
  • AliceArmyAliceArmy
    I've gone to the site and attempted to buy a name change coupon, but every time I do, it keeps telling me the character is "ineligible" and won't let me proceed to buy one. I don't know if there is another way, as the way that they initially opened takes you to the main page of the website instead of anywhere you can buy the coupons.
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    AliceArmy wrote: »
    I've gone to the site and attempted to buy a name change coupon, but every time I do, it keeps telling me the character is "ineligible" and won't let me proceed to buy one. I don't know if there is another way, as the way that they initially opened takes you to the main page of the website instead of anywhere you can buy the coupons.

You can't buy a Name Change from the Name Change Submission Form - instead, you'll have to go buy it from the Cash Shop (the link you're trying to access that redirects you to the main page). Unfortunately, at this time, the paid Name Change coupons are not available, since they encountered an issue in-game. They'll be back soon, hopefully, so keep your eyes open for any announcement from Katherz.
    Greta wrote: »
    Wait, so free name change service is null now?

No, free Name Change is still available if you've got coupons. It's only that OP doesn't seem to have purchased any yet, so they don't have the free Coupon for those affected by the name changes post-merge.
    AliceArmy
  • AliceArmyAliceArmy
    Draech wrote: »
    You can't buy a Name Change from the Name Change Submission Form - instead, you'll have to go buy it from the Cash Shop (the link you're trying to access that redirects you to the main page). Unfortunately, at this time, the paid Name Change coupons are not available, since they encountered an issue in-game. They'll be back soon, hopefully, so keep your eyes open for any announcement from Katherz.

Thank you so much! I thought I was doing something wrong, but I'll go ahead and wait for them to get it back up and running then. :) Thank you so much!
    Draech