Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Merge Alexina!

Mbot77Mbot77
Mabinogi Rep: 530
edited January 30, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
Why isn't Alexina merged already?
I logged in yesterday(Haven't logged since the merge that excluded Alexina) and there was NO ONE! There were a few people in Dunb and not even a cat in Belvast.
It's so dead it's not even funny, just merge it already!

You guys got what you wanted already which was: Wait until Alexina players start over on Nao. (So you can profit from server locked MTX.)
That's what the players did; or they just quit, anyway, they certainly ain't playing from what I've seen.
Merge it already!!!

Only Nexon be like: "We're merging servers, Oh right there is server locked MTX... If we merge them all, we won't be able to double charge players... Better leave a server on the side so we can still juice those."
  1. Merge Alexina?27 votes
    1. YES!
       70% (19 votes)
    2. NO!
       30% (8 votes)

Comments

• FerghusonJRFerghusonJR
    Mabinogi Rep: 640
    Don't toss us with the 100k pros plz
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    edited January 31, 2020
    The problem isn't merging servers. The problem is the declining player base. I mean this game is, what, like 10 years old or more? Nexon and Devcat refuse to do a graphics and game engine upgrade, so this game is quickly dying out as it becomes more and more outdated just like games like Runescape did. This game was fun 10 years ago, but we have a lot better games these days.

Merging the servers won't address the core issue. It's like trying to wrap up a major bleeding wound without stitching it up. Sure you can contain the wound for a short time, but you still have a major core problem that's still going to kill you if it's not taken care of.

Mabi needs to address the major issue in the room before they merge servers as a temporary fix. They need to figure out a way to get their player base back and keep people in the game before they try and merge all the servers together. They should have been looking at the underlying issue before they merged the other three servers, but they don't seem to be looking at it (unless they're doing it behind the scenes, which I'm sure people have mentioned the underlying issues and they're just trying to find solutions for it).
  • Mbot77Mbot77
    Squee wrote: »
    Merging the servers won't address the core issue.

You're right but it's not what this would aim for. Merging Alexina is simply to get everyone in one server. More people, more guilds, more community fun?
    As for the core issue, Imho, they just keep adding layers of mechanics to an already somewhat complicated/outdated interface. Idk wot the solution is th. Not tryna fix that here.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Mbot77 wrote: »
    Squee wrote: »
    Merging the servers won't address the core issue.

You're right but it's not what this would aim for. Merging Alexina is simply to get everyone in one server. More people, more guilds, more community fun?
    As for the core issue, Imho, they just keep adding layers of mechanics to an already somewhat complicated/outdated interface. Idk wot the solution is th. Not tryna fix that here.

If they fixed the core issue, they wouldn't need to merge servers in the first place. If they could win back their players who have left and get enough new players, then the communities wouldn't be dwindling in the first place and you'd get your "more people" quite easily. But merging servers is only a temporary thing. People are going to continue to stop playing this game and the population will continue to decrease as time goes on. What they need is to get more players so that the servers have population again and it's worth having multiple servers. Otherwise merging them is soon going to have the same problem all over again as more people are leaving the game than picking it up.

You're right about the outdated and complicated interface. They need to rebalance the game and fix some of the stuff that isn't used anymore (There's a ton of items and weapons that just aren't used anymore because they're worthless compared to all the purchasable weapons). They need to stop adding new things and fix the game first before they keep adding new things. But first before anything else, the major solution to the problem is that this game is in DESPERATE need of a game engine and graphics update. This game looks like it's right out of the early 2000s still and it should not look like that these days. The game engine has also suffered greatly thanks to all the new stuff they've added over the years without fixing and adapting the game engine. This game is an outdated mess. It could be great again, but Nexon and Devcat would have to get together and do a major overhaul on the game.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Fixing "the core issue" and fully merging the servers is not a zero sum situations. Whether a merge would address the core issue or not is irrelevant.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Delete Alexina!
    Merge Merge Threads!
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Delete Alexina!
    Merge Merge Threads!

Ok boomer.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Greta wrote: »
    Ok boomer.

1992 doesn't fall between 1946 and 1964, but I understand your personal and deep rooted desperation to attempt to insult me for daring to mock your precious spam threads that pile up and push down the good threads like the lifeskill update suggestion thread. Since these threads are all legitimately the same thing over and over 1:1 with no nuance they should be merged. The "Merge Alexina Mega Thread the Movie in Space 2000 in 3D" thread could be a sticky for all I care, as long as it's not 6,000,000 "merge Alexina" threads pushing literally every other thread 3,000,000 pages deep.

These threads are literally just spam at this point because everyone here knows full well the problems with the game and that Nexon isnt going to merge Alexina until they can at least get it half functional, and they're stuck waiting on Devcat in Korea to actually code everything for them to even attempt it, perpetually nagging the NA team does nothing to "merge Alexina sooner" you, I, and everyone else know this.

Personally I can't wait for every Alexinaposter who memed the merge into happening in the first place to get a +Alexina on their IGN and all of their pet's IGNs, to be forced to disband their families, divorce and lose their marriage dates, be forced out of their guilds and lose their join dates, and to have to suffer the destroyed economy that they created for every other player by causing an even more massive scarcity of materials while multiplying the number of people buying chinese gold and inflating basic materials to hundreds of times what they're worth, and still not be able to find parties for what they want to run because the playerbase is too antisocial to play outside of it's small friend groups.

So I say merge the merge threads so the good ideas can actually have a little more chance to be seen between all the "nerf everything" threads, and merge Alexina so they can suffer with the rest of us since it was mostly them asking anyway. Neither will happen any time soon though.
    SherriDragoolfire
  • Mbot77Mbot77
    edited February 1, 2020
    Lutetium wrote: »
    Ok boomer.
    Personally I can't wait for every Alexinaposter who memed the merge into happening in the first place to get a +Alexina on their IGN and all of their pet's IGNs, to be forced to disband their families, divorce and lose their marriage dates, be forced out of their guilds and lose their join dates, and to have to suffer the destroyed economy that they created for every other player by causing an even more massive scarcity of materials while multiplying the number of people buying chinese gold and inflating basic materials to hundreds of times what they're worth, and still not be able to find parties for what they want to run because the playerbase is too antisocial to play outside of its small friend groups.

Honestly, pal, I'm with you.
    Delete Alexina and send my Character to Nao.
    I give a total of 0.000 sh*t about my character/pet names/join date/marriage w.e... I just want to be able to play and socialize with my Alexina character. It's more about not respending all my money on new pets and totally starting over.

Tell me this. Who cares about their goddang in-game family/marriage date BS when there's no one in the freaking game? What's the point? Who cares about their char name??? There's like less than 200 active players... It's like caring about a singleplayer game's character name at this point.

Edit: I say give me the option to move out of there so the in-game cosplayer snobs can keep playing alone if they want to.
    P.S.: I don't want to offend anyone. Just saying...
    GretaSherri
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 1, 2020
    If we talking about that kind of deletion then i'm so with it. I also don't care what happens to any of my names. These special snowflakes thinking that a name is important than anything else... I don't care, it's just letters anyway...
    The economy thing is messed up years ago, i'm surprised some people didn't notice it until now and tried to blame merge or anything else dumb. Someone literally told a story couple years ago about how in Tarlach a wealthy player bought all wings possible to buy and tried to flip them at higher price... That definitely tells me something.
    Sherri
  • HelsaHelsa
    What I want to know is why they didn't just go ahead and merge all the servers in the first place and why they created separate ones in the first place.
    Sherri
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Helsa wrote: »
    What I want to know is why they didn't just go ahead and merge all the servers in the first place and why they created separate ones in the first place.

They created 4 servers early on because there was growth in the game and the original server could not sustain the growing population.
    However, along the way, various false scandals spread on social media and into the general media about the game, and as well as other in-game issues (bot spams and lag about 6-7 years ago) that really killed off the momentum of the game to continue being a prized asset of the company. As the focus shifted elsewhere for the company, slowly the population of the game started to decline, in which concluded with the merger of the then smaller sized servers.
  • HelsaHelsa

They created 4 servers early on because there was growth in the game and the original server could not sustain the growing population.

Not so, we've seen that they could have just added more channels instead.
    However, along the way, various false scandals spread on social media and into the general media about the game, and as well as other in-game issues (bot spams and lag about 6-7 years ago) that really killed off the momentum of the game to continue being a prized asset of the company. As the focus shifted elsewhere for the company, slowly the population of the game started to decline, in which concluded with the merger of the then smaller sized servers.

This has nothing to do with what I was asking about.

Not so, we've seen that they could have just added more channels instead.

This has nothing to do with what I was asking about.

I think, as outsiders, there's not really anyway to answer your main question, so instead I can only provide the answer that I put based on analysis of some of the things that have occurred over the years.
    Why they decided to merge only 3 servers, only they know, but it could be due to multiple reasons. I stick to my believe that they believed that the game was going to take off big and grow in the early years, and especially with the consolidation of the European market and other international markets.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,715
    edited February 3, 2020
    Who cares about their char name??? There's like less than 200 active players... It's like caring about a singleplayer game's character name at this point.
    If we talking about that kind of deletion then i'm so with it. I also don't care what happens to any of my names. These special snowflakes thinking that a name is important than anything else... I don't care, it's just letters anyway...
    The economy thing is messed up years ago, i'm surprised some people didn't notice it until now and tried to blame merge or anything else dumb. Someone literally told a story couple years ago about how in Tarlach a wealthy player bought all wings possible to buy and tried to flip them at higher price... That definitely tells me something.

As someone who is from Nao (Formerly Mari), I refuse to go through that naming fiasco again.
    I happen to care about my characters' names because it's a way for people to identify who I am and I'm sure many feel the same way.
    'Special snowflakes'? Just letters? I respect your opinion, but why must everyone else suffer for it?
    I'm all for merging Alexina with Nao, but I personally feel like it would just be better to find a way to make both servers happy instead of sacrificing one or the others (or boths) names.
    FerghusonJR
  • Mbot77Mbot77
    Sherri wrote: »
    As someone who is from Nao (Formerly Mari), I refuse to go through that naming fiasco again.
    I happen to care about my characters' names because it's a way for people to identify who I am and I'm sure many feel the same way.
    'Special snowflakes'? Just letters? I respect your opinion, but why must everyone else suffer for it?
    I'm all for merging Alexina with Nao, but I personally feel like it would just be better to find a way to make both servers happy instead of sacrificing one or the others (or boths) names.

Honestly, I don't feel like losing your name has to be the way to go. We assume it's what has to happen because of how they did it in the past.
    They could do a kind of announced months in advance name reservation or something as if the player didn't log into the game since it was announced: they lose their name.
    Basically clear all the inactive player's names.

Now. I know: some of ya'll are going to complain about this.
    BUT if they offer a free rename when you log back in I'm sure no one will mind as ALL THE OG NAMES LIKE TICTACS and WALMART are going to be still available for the taking since there is just no one to take all these names anymore.

Still, I think that defending their money scheme server lock transaction with "I don't want to lose my name" is sort of losing the big picture. I'm sure that you can rename your character and the players you talk to usually are still going to be able to identify you...
    GretaSherri
  • Mbot77Mbot77
    edited February 4, 2020
    I think, as outsiders, there's not really anyway to answer your main question, so instead I can only provide the answer that I put based on analysis of some of the things that have occurred over the years.

If they can just add channels as they go there isn't much of a reason besides the server locked transactions for them to stick with multiple servers.
    The only way I see multiple servers making sense in a case like this would be if they were established at different locations so some players might have better ping in a server than another, but that isn't the case.

And I did ask Nexon directly by ticket writing exactly what I wrote now and they just denied to give me a reason and told me to watch the News feed so I know when Alexina was going to get merged... Like, are you kidding me? These guys just can't get real with their players...

If they can just add channels as they go there isn't much of a reason besides the server locked transactions for them to stick with multiple servers.
    The only way I see multiple servers making sense in a case like this would be if they were established at different locations so some players might have better ping in a server than another, but that isn't the case.

And I did ask Nexon directly by ticket writing exactly what I wrote now and they just denied to give me a reason and told me to watch the News feed so I know when Alexina was going to get merged... Like, are you kidding me? These guys just can't get real with their players...

Again, things were a lot different 10 years ago versus today.
  • HelsaHelsa

Worldwide that is the situation now, which is why there is a NA install, Korea, Japan, and Taiwan. There's another thread here suggesting a world-wide merge, but to accomplish that the loadbearing system for Mabinogi would have to be rewritten from the ground up, ditching the channel system for a multiple tier one that better delegates services and so on.
    KensamaofmariSherri