Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Re-Introduce yourself!

GiegueGiegue
Mabinogi Rep: 2,975
edited December 17, 2016 in Town Square
Who were you on the old forum, or who are you in game?

I'm Giegue from the Mari server, I've been playing Mabinogi for about 7 years now. I started in 2009 with EU's closed beta and sold my soul to NA when EU was shut down around 2012.
I'm a fairly casual player despite having burned a good portion of my life away and I'm currently total 7.5k. I originally wanted to start playing Mabinogi back when Flying mounts had just been implemented in NA (Thunderbird was still on sale) but I was too young to work around the IP block.
Back when I first started, I focused mainly on life skills and magic and was a horribly weak character with no money for weapons, so I would fight with a stick. This was back before the mage update that changed the way wands drained your Mana to 0 if you unequipped them however. I still use magic as a primary form of raw damage, but most of the time I'm transformed using transformation mastery. People might recognize me as the Person always sat in Dunbarton, transformed into a Ruins Gargoyle.
Right now I'm focusing on ranking skills just to say "I'm done." and working on some projects I hope to reveal in the future should I get time to complete them.
On the old forum I go by the same name, and almost never used them.
[Deleted User]
  1. Was NA your first Mabinogi server? (Obligatory Achievement Poll)44 votes
    1. Yes, I first played NA Mabinogi.
       84% (37 votes)
    2. No, I played on other servers first.
       16% (7 votes)

Comments

• SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Hi, I'm Sai.

I'm new here. I just started this week.
    [Deleted User]LiberateBerryswirl
  • MissFortuneMissFortune
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,530
    edited December 17, 2016
    Hi! I'm Auramune on Tarlach. I started playing in OB with my first character, she's still on my account but I don't play her anymore. Aura was created in 2010, and she's been my main ever since. I'm level 7,3xx, grandmaster mage full time fashonogi, got the king collector title and everything! I plan on using my forum profile area for fashionogi related stuff.
    [Deleted User]
  • SphereSphere
    Mabinogi Rep: 900
    Hi

I am Loliruri the Royal Red Succubus of Mari.

Nice to meet you. :D
    [Deleted User]
  • LleuadLleuad
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,190
    Good day everyone. I'm Lleiad from the Mari server. The reason my name is minorly changed is because it's a fix to the typo.

I've actually started playing on EU's closed beta, and migrated to NA 1 year after the closing of EU, since unfortunately I wasn't able to play back then. I always played the game semi-casually, and I don't think I'll be able to stop any time soon (should I probably say I also sold my soul then...?).

I don't quite remember how I started playing mabi, but I think it was because I saw videos about the Dark Knight and Paladin transformation, and I was big on transformations in MMO back then, unfortunately however, I didn't know how to bypass the IP block, so I had to wait another 1 or 2 years before I actually started playing in EU.

On the old forums, I went by the same name, but I barely posted. Since this forum is just flourishing once more (at least at the moment), I've taken to attempt and post some more before it gets too crowded once more.
    [Deleted User]
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    Hi, Wakasagihime of Alexina. Used to play on Tarlach long ago when I lived in New Zealand during like late G3-early Iria. I was always on the NA server, but the memories of always dying in Alby since it takes too long to load a simple Defense due to distance lag were 2gud :')
    [Deleted User]Daktaro
  • TheNyanCatTheNyanCat
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,665
    *********** of Mari.

Retired fashionogi.
    [Deleted User]
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    I play on Mari with the name called Holylight. I like to kill things and make stuff from things that the dead things drop. Been doing this since closed-beta.
    [Deleted User]
  • CeiCei
    Mabinogi Rep: 920
    My name is Cei and I love civil conversations and am an absolute delight to be around. Nexon has been my abusive lover for about 8 years now.
    [Deleted User]
  • AxelrodAxelrod
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,165
    I'm Axelrod over on Alexina, but you won't see me online much anymore.

These forums, on the other hand... they're a delight.
    [Deleted User]
  • lidiyalidiya
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,325
    Lidiya Mari
    Playing since G2
    Mostly I just play to do events now as the normal content is kinda bland.
    [Deleted User]
  • TNinjaTNinja
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,265
    Hi I hate people
    Sebastian[Deleted User]LiberatemintielSherriLleuad
  • SebastianSebastian
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,870
    edited December 17, 2016
    I'm Zenpai from the Alexina server. I joined back in late 2013, about when g18 was just beginning. On the old forums, I used to flood threads with relevant gifs from Black Butler while they were still lively. Nowadays I log in every other week for no apparent reason, though these forums [somehow] boosted my want to play the game more again.

Outside of my forum persona of a skilled butler, I'm pretty goofy and like spending time with people in game, even if I've never met them before~
    [Deleted User]
  • ShaeliShaeli
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,430
    edited December 17, 2016
    I switch around between three characters on Mari, Naiya, Feynara, and Lilanya. They are easily missed and very inconspicuous. I play on one until the diminishing returns that come with level advancement make me feel like I'm wasting my time, then sideline them in favor of another until it's time for a rebirth. (That started back when we had to wait three weeks for free 17-20 rebirths, and I'd hit my limit for grinding tolerance in about a week.) And then I have a bunch of alts that exist only to extend bank space and exploit events.

I've been around since basically the first day out of beta, but always skulking about the edges of the community, or hiding out in the wilds, or otherwise avoiding the forefront of social circles, because I am a bitterly asocial introvert. But as they say, only beasts and gods can live alone, so from time to time I briefly appear for my fill of social interaction and then withdraw.

I think I still play purely out of force of habit. 90% of the people on my friends list quit years ago. All that's carrying me along is hoping I see the finish line before the race ends (or for the metaphorically challenged, max out a character before the game shuts down.)
    [Deleted User]
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Shaeli
    Shaeli said:

I switch around between three characters on Mari, Naiya, Feynara, and Lilanya. They are easily missed and very inconspicuous. I play on one until the diminishing returns that come with level advancement make me feel like I'm wasting my time, then sideline them in favor of another until it's time for a rebirth. (That started back when we had to wait three weeks for free 17-20 rebirths, and I'd hit my limit for grinding tolerance in about a week.) And then I have a bunch of alts that exist only to extend bank space and exploit events.

I've been around since basically the first day out of beta, but always skulking about the edges of the community, or hiding out in the wilds, or otherwise avoiding the forefront of social circles, because I am a bitterly asocial introvert. But as they say, only beasts and gods can live alone, so from time to time I briefly appear for my fill of social interaction and then withdraw.

I think I still play purely out of force of habit. 90% of the people on my friends list quit years ago. All that's carrying me along is hoping I see the finish line before the race ends (or for the metaphorically challenged, max out a character before the game shuts down.)
    I remember you. I was your guild leader at one time.
    You had purple hair and always wore black leather mail.
    [Deleted User]
  • FroglordFroglord
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,020
    edited December 18, 2016
    I am froglord, I play on Alexina, my character has a large bust and wears lots of green things.

I also say things like "wark" and "Hngnngng" alot.

[Deleted User]
  • KouyioueKouyioue
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,030
    edited July 9, 2019
    snip.

My greatest gift for my character is to make absolutely sure it gets forgotten by its friends. Or getting a name change, whichever comes first. So SNIP! -- July 2019.
  • AichannAichann
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,030
    Hello, I'm Ai.
    On the old forums I was mostly known for being a bit of a obnoxious soured brat, or at least that's what I just found out.
    I wasn't going for that and I'm not trying to, so now that these forums are new and moving forward I'll try my best to show you the real me.
    If you ever get to know me, I try my hardest to be positive in bad situations and I always try to help out or cheer up others.

I originally started playing mabi in 2009 on the Mari server. I then switched over to Alexina in 2012 and I've been playing on this server since. I used to be really big in doing quests and main storylines when I was on Mari, however when I switched to Alexina I started to become devoted to mainly fashion. Recently about maybe 2-3 months ago, I've decided to get back into the battle/raid/dungeon side and I lost most interest in fashion.

Now, I try to log on everyday if I can and sometimes it's not possible due to work.

If you ever want to train or run something, send me a note!
    Aichann of Alexina
  • CombatnogiCombatnogi
    Mabinogi Rep: 935
    I've been on Mari since my first character Nlghtmare (created before mounted pets were a thing). Since then I switched to my giant Nighthammer and enjoyed the game up until I quit when combatnogi died. I only came back because I'm waiting on another game to fill the void of challenge. Shouts out any of you combatnogi players if your still around :<
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    edited December 18, 2016
    I am Gaea from Ruairi, been playing since open beta. I am so glad I can use my in game name as my forum name now. You might remember me as Ebonrouge, and before that as Diablerie from Vindictus.

Let us all begin anew in these glorious new forums!
    [Deleted User]
  • ImaizumiImaizumi
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,225
    KSett said:

Amoukaioxi.
    By chance did you play on Tarlach?