Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Launcher suddenly stopped working...

KayanaKayana
Mabinogi Rep: 545
edited January 18, 2020 in Technical Support
Not sure what happened. It worked fine yesterday. I launched it for the first time today, it suddenly wanted me to verify my email on it again (and won't actually send it). It wasn't asking for verification on my laptop though. Also it threw errors, so I tried a full uninstall and reinstall and now it wont launch at all...

This was the error I got before I uninstalled. I don't know if it will help but it seems this is an issue that only my PC is experiencing atm: https://imgur.com/NCJxGGw

Edit: Nevermind my laptop just started doing the same nonsense.

Comments

• FlnaleFlnale
    Mabinogi Rep: 920
    edited January 18, 2020
    Yeah me too.

I found out that if you: (1) logout on the Nexon Launcher and logout of your account. (2)Then log back into your account and then reopen Mabinogi it should work. (3)I also, deleted my cookies, cache files too, just in case.

Hope that helps.
  • KayanaKayana
    Mabinogi Rep: 545
    Flnale wrote: »
    Yeah me too.

I found out that if you: (1) logout on the Nexon Launcher and logout of your account. (2)Then log back into your account and then reopen Mabinogi it should work. (3)I also, deleted my cookies, cache files too, just in case.

Hope that helps.

The problem is that I literally cannot launch the launcher.... It does this when I try to launch it now: https://imgur.com/6OqxHaw
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
  • StarBladeStarBlade
    Mabinogi Rep: 100
    SAME PROBLEM!!
    When I try to launch the game, the Nexon Launcher just tells me "A system error occurred please try again later". Been trying to play the game off and on for weeks and NOTHING works! Uninstalled/reinstalled the Nexon Launcher and Mabinogi, and still doesn't work. Compatibility mode/Run as Admin- NOPE- still nothing.
    I'm at a loss and frankly, quite frustrated.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    StarBlade wrote: »
    SAME PROBLEM!!
    When I try to launch the game, the Nexon Launcher just tells me "A system error occurred please try again later". Been trying to play the game off and on for weeks and NOTHING works! Uninstalled/reinstalled the Nexon Launcher and Mabinogi, and still doesn't work. Compatibility mode/Run as Admin- NOPE- still nothing.

Was there an error code with "A system error occurred please try again later"?
  • StarBladeStarBlade
    SAME PROBLEM!!

Yes. I'm trying on my laptop and I don't get any message, just mabi appearing in task manager for a second then disappearing...
    SAME PROBLEM!!

Yes. I'm trying on my laptop and I don't get any message, just mabi appearing in task manager for a second then disappearing...

If you get a code, you can search in the support section to see if there is any info to resolve, and if not, submit a ticket.
    As for your laptop, perhaps something is preventing the client from launching. Try launching it with your antivirus disabled. If that doesn't work, there may be a file missing or corrupted.
  • StarBladeStarBlade
    SAME PROBLEM!!

If you get a code, you can search in the support section to see if there is any info to resolve, and if not, submit a ticket.
    As for your laptop, perhaps something is preventing the client from launching. Try launching it with your antivirus disabled. If that doesn't work, there may be a file missing or corrupted.

Yeah, I can play now. Turns out, anyone who uses Bitdefender Antvirus can't play Mabinogi, regardless if its whitelisted. Uninstalled Bitdefender and it runs magically...
    SAME PROBLEM!!

Yeah, I can play now. Turns out, anyone who uses Bitdefender Antvirus can't play Mabinogi, regardless if its whitelisted. Uninstalled Bitdefender and it runs magically...

I see, I hope you were able to find another antivirus option. Also great that you provided the solution so this can be presented in the future for other people who run into the same problem. Glad you're able to play again.
  • ryogaryoga
    I have Bitdefender and had the problem with it blocking the Mabinogi client. If you turn off Advanced Threat Defense, the client will start without any issues. Hope that helps anyone with the same problem. This feature actually causes problems with quite a few games.
  • KazutoKatsuragiKazutoKatsuragi
    Mabinogi Rep: 210
    ryoga wrote: »
    I have Bitdefender and had the problem with it blocking the Mabinogi client. If you turn off Advanced Threat Defense, the client will start without any issues. Hope that helps anyone with the same problem. This feature actually causes problems with quite a few games.

I also use Bitdefender, but rather than completely turning it off, you can just add Mabinogi (and any other games you have issues with) to the whitelist. All of my games I've had problems with now work after being added.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited March 13, 2020
    I had this problem recently after a maintenance. The windows defender firewall was running so I turned it off, and still had the issue. I ran the computer in safe mode with networking and it worked. So I knew it was a software issue on my end. I rebooted in normal mode and turned the WD Firewall back on and whitelisted both the client and launcher exe's and it worked. I have no explanation for the facts but I'm happy now.
  • NoweDrakenNoweDraken
    Mabinogi Rep: 300
    I seem to be having a problem after the most recent update as well. HvxvzFk.jpg I can't get passed this scree
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    NoweDraken wrote: »
    I seem to be having a problem after the most recent update as well. I can't get passed this scree

I thought you rebooted your router and it worked? Did you try what I suggested?