Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Favorite thing to do ingame?

HuwHuw
Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
in General Chat
If I'm to go first, I would say my favorite aspect of the game is the economy. An example would be the purchase of an items entire market stock via Shops + Ah + Market Board and then reselling higher at my own price for profit. Another is running Par ruins dungeon because the music is pretty.

What about you guys?
Cyliaa

Comments

• NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Phantasm.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    Hmm... I think mid-tier content is my favorite.
    Stuff like Shadow Missions on Hard and Elite.
    I also like Basic to Adv normal dungeons, and HM Adv Alby.
    Or maybe gathering herbs and making potions.
    I also like training skills and ranking them up.
    HuwSherri
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    Dungeon crawling, especially with friends.
    HuwLutetiumSherriWliapawcalypse
  • HuwHuw
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,055
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Phantasm.

Making my skin crawl mentioning that place.
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Hmm... I think mid-tier content is my favorite.
    Stuff like Shadow Missions on Hard and Elite.
    I also like Basic to Adv normal dungeons, and HM Adv Alby.
    Or maybe gathering herbs and making potions.
    I also like training skills and ranking them up.

Life skills swing one way or the other for people I suppose. Some hate the training and just want the stats, others enjoy the craftsmanship and aspire to have Dan 3 in all of them.
    Liberate wrote: »
    Dungeon crawling, especially with friends.

LF>Friends
    Sherri
  • Gaby5011Gaby5011
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,965
    Complaining and reading people complain.
    HuwIyasenuLutetiumGretaCyliaaRadiant DawnSherripawcalypseWolfsinger
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    Homestead decorating.

I'm running out of room. :(
    HuwRadiant DawnSherriWolfsinger
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Life skills/crafting.
    Liberate
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Playing through story content and reading up on/piecing together the lore. However, since I haven't been able to play any Gens in more than a year, I've had to make do with just the thing I loved about this game when I was younger: running around and exploring the great, vast world. <3
    DragoolfireKingEphy
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Oh having fantasies about hacking unsavory player's accounts and dumping all their stuff to the ground and deleting everything...

CyliaaRadiant DawnBlissfulkill
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    AFK.

And get these event goodies just for that.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    I like doing all that "impossible" content most of the forums user base wants made easier than alby normal, with my gf and sometimes some of our friends. It's particularly fun to try and actually kill something before she does with FH using her erg 50 divine blade.
    Recently I've been enjoying Avalon purification missions, mostly since I'm working on getting my knuckles up to erg 50 now but I like the instanced "boss fight" feeling it of it, makes me wish there was a parallel system for Iria field bosses or that they will implement more variety in future content.
    On occasion when alone I like to run lower tier content like Battle for Tail 2 or Defeat the Shadow Wizard with various skill sets and see how fast I can clear them and which methods take the least effort with the cheapest weapons.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    My fav thing to do is talk about many random things that are either profound or me just being a complete wacko.

In dunby ch7 that is...
    Radiant Dawn
  • JJJJ
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,400
    Earning gold to buy gifts for my friends.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    JJ wrote: »

Do you like to watch?
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Crims wrote: »

Do you like to watch?

Hey it can be satisfying watching your inventory clear out from sales and watching the amount of revenue collected go up as a result. Who knew cleaning up after yourself can be so rewarding?
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited February 5, 2020
    At first I wanted to see how far I could go without spending one red cent on the game, but, like a pusher handing out free crack cocaine at a playground, sometime around 2010 Nexon gave away 20k NX to everyone and I decided NX made the game funner afterall, even if you did pay for it. At the moment, I log in, do event stuff (if the prizes make it worth the bother), and record the Tara Jousting Minigame finals for my YouTube channel.

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    It all depends. Recently, I've been rather lazy to do anything but if a friend invites me to do stuff, 9/10 times I'd end up going, idc what it is lol
    A few days ago, friends of mine carried me through Illusion Elite, only died twice to the boss (dang grabby slammy attack) but it was really fun, got me a bit motivated to get more strong at the game and stop being lazy lol
    Radiant Dawn
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Crims wrote: »

Do you like to watch?

Hey it can be satisfying watching your inventory clear out from sales and watching the amount of revenue collected go up as a result. Who knew cleaning up after yourself can be so rewarding?

Confirmed, Kensa likes to watch.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    I guess I should say what I like to do when I actually do play. I like showing people who don't really know how to fight, how to fight. I met a few folks, in-game, that were ready to quit because they felt so useless in fights and couldn't beat anything strong. It feels good to show them that they are A LOT stronger than they realize.
    IyasenuSherriNilrem
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited February 5, 2020
    Helsa wrote: »
    I guess I should say what I like to do when I actually do play. I like showing people who don't really know how to fight, how to fight. I met a few folks, in-game, that were ready to quit because they felt so useless in fights and couldn't beat anything strong. It feels good to show them that they are A LOT stronger than they realize.

Oh! I had someone like you when I was first starting out in the game.
    I was normally just hanging around Tir picking up cobwebs and whacking berry bushes and doing PTJs since even the Wolves in the fields would give me issues.
    A friend wanted to try doing a Party Quest, so I went with her. We were really beefing it, then this other player came along and saw us struggling and spent the time teaching us how to reliably fight without dying, at least against the normal monsters around Gairech.
    I even still have a picture of that training session, from way back in 2008.
    633f8aa1d1.jpg
    Thanks Lenz, it's likely that being taught how to actually be able to play the combat portion of the game got me to stick with it, still playing it today.
    I do still like chilling with the spiders and whacking berries off trees and bushes. At least every now and again.
    SherriWolfsinger