Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Favorite thing to do ingame?

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Helsa wrote: »
    I guess I should say what I like to do when I actually do play. I like showing people who don't really know how to fight, how to fight. I met a few folks, in-game, that were ready to quit because they felt so useless in fights and couldn't beat anything strong. It feels good to show them that they are A LOT stronger than they realize.

Oh! I had someone like you when I was first starting out in the game.
    I was normally just hanging around Tir picking up cobwebs and whacking berry bushes and doing PTJs since even the Wolves in the fields would give me issues.
    A friend wanted to try doing a Party Quest, so I went with her. We were really beefing it, then this other player came along and saw us struggling and spent the time teaching us how to reliably fight without dying, at least against the normal monsters around Gairech.
    I even still have a picture of that training session, from way back in 2008.
    633f8aa1d1.jpg
    Thanks Lenz, it's likely that being taught how to actually be able to play the combat portion of the game got me to stick with it, still playing it today.
    I do still like chilling with the spiders and whacking berries off trees and bushes. At least every now and again.

Don't be hard on yourself, that was before the combat system rewrite that came with Fighter. The old combat system was a lot harder because of the skill load times. Back then it was easy for new folks to just keep spamming normal attack (since it had no load time) and hope to take the monsters down before they took you down. The wolf AI likes to spam normal attack too, so back then, with wolves you were litterally trading blows and crossing your fingers.

I know some folks back then were unhappy with the new combat system. These were the folks that had been able to make a go of it and it made them elites, but I think the new system saved the game as it made it more widely managable to more people.
  • WliaWlia
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,205
    edited February 6, 2020
    Standing in tir chonail or dunbarton and pretending to do something while i mostly do nothing and just listen music
    but beyond that most likely just run duns while chatting and just hanging out but since most of my friends left the game long long time ago
    i sometimes log in just stand idly alone and bored for 1 hour somewhere since there is simply no one to hang out or do stuff with and than i log out...for another 2 or 3 weeks just to get some AP here and there...

AKA sad lonely Solonogi mmo 2020
  • EmilieBerryEmilieBerry
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,720
    The economy is so broken so I don't bother much with AH in Nao Server

I like ranking life skills more than anything in the game.
    KensamaofmariSherri
  • TwelieTwelie
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,840
    Ranking skills is fun. It feels rewarding. I hate dan though.
    KagapawcalypseSherri
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited February 6, 2020
    I don't have a favorite thing anymore. It used to be playing music for people, but no one listens so it is pointless. I'm rusty now anyways.
    All I ever do now is events and AH. Finally making that money after being poor for 11 years.
    Liberate wrote: »
    Dungeon crawling, especially with friends.

Why you no dungeon crawl with Sai?
    Radiant Dawn
  • pawcalypsepawcalypse
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,705
    edited February 6, 2020
    I like taking screenshots in-game like a field photographer. There are many things overlooked by players. Through my observations I discovered that Ladeca, the blue moon, actually follows the phases of the real moon every day/night in real time. Eweca, the red moon, does not follow any astronomical body however.
    I also like playing around with the Pet AI and I also like to edit midi into MML for composing.
    muyu-desert-archaeology-expedition-base-a.png
    TwelieSherriGypsySpiritChaosShadow
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Nilrem wrote: »
    Phantasm.

I'm still trying to reach a point I can do that solo xD

I guess my favorite thing at the moment is just meandering around, running event stuff and playing around with my homestead. I don't have much time to really run things in the game, so gonna have to catch up on my gens and stuff again in another couple months XD
    Like I wasn't super behind already :P
  • GypsySpiritGypsySpirit
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,340
    Buying complete sets of outfits for only 5mil from people, keep it and use them as references to buy similar looking outfits irl like the peaceful bohemian outfit.
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,775
    I like collecting transformations and make them to do funny things. a lot of monsters and npcs can play rock, paper, scissors, and dance with the boombox, and use gestures. when I am just working on afk events I go up to random groups and have Duncan and other old npc characters use butt wiggle gesture, female boast body gesture, or the advertise gesture to try to sell players fish. collecting new gesture cards is one of my favorite things to do now since it adds more fun to the transformation system.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Negumiko wrote: »
    I like collecting transformations and make them to do funny things. a lot of monsters and npcs can play rock, paper, scissors, and dance with the boombox, and use gestures. when I am just working on afk events I go up to random groups and have Duncan and other old npc characters use butt wiggle gesture, female boast body gesture, or the advertise gesture to try to sell players fish. collecting new gesture cards is one of my favorite things to do now since it adds more fun to the transformation system.

If i remember correctly, most monsters didn't get animations for some gestures, especially on new ones and also animations on RPS. Can say i had amazing laugh on those.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    I like doing Lord Missions like Scathach, then transforming into Merrow during the boss fight and confusing people.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I like doing Lord Missions like Scathach, then transforming into Merrow during the boss fight and confusing people.

How does that end up?
  • RelatheraRelathera
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    Play my Melee Elf.
    ChaosShadow
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    Relathera wrote: »
    Play my Melee Elf.

I've heard my calling, (Nags like an toxic elitist)

I just wish Elves can at least wield 2 handed swords...
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425

How does that end up?

They end up calling me a beach.
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Twelie wrote: »

Dan needs a nerf. :|
    SherriLutetiumChaosShadow
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Crims wrote: »

Fun to do Dan Testing when you don't have good ping....
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

I've gotten the main 3 Int. spells to Dan 1 and I'm too scared to attempt going any further.. feels like the whole system is against me, at least let us use our own danged equips or at least give us decent gear lol
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Alshian wrote: »
    I just wish Elves can at least wield 2 handed swords...

Elves can use Soluna Blade too. You could go for the Life Exploration Fishing rod if want a 2h that can double bash on an Elf that doesn't take several years of solo grinding to craft, it can't get special upgrades though so it's a bit of a deadend, also functions as if it were a blunt not a sword. I could say a bit more on melee Elf but it's off topic so I'll spoiler it if anyone is interested.
    Personally though I would suggest going with an ego Frosted Borealis Hammer and an Avon shield, upgrading to a Divine Shield when possible if you're super serious about melee on Elf to activate the bonus 7% crit damage and 30% dura use reduction since you can't hold 2 hammers or 2 Celtic Royal Knight Swords, it maintains the 1.1x charge damage boost the same as Avon as well.

You get double bash since Borealis is normal speed, higher max than CRK, about half the repair fee, and much better erg upgrade (50 min/max, 25 all defenses, 8% auto defense, and a quite considerable 25% cooldown reduction to (non-race exclusive but Elf doesn't have any) close combat skills.
    Frosted Borealis Hammer will end up with 173 max displayed on the weapon if crafted by a GM dan 3 smith on smithing talent that gets the max bonus from the minigame after upgrades+erg, blunt mastery boosts that by another 30 vs sword mastery's 20, 5 points into both Spirit Training and Spirit Control will net a further 40 max damage netting 243 max before even enchanting it or reforging. 1H R type bonus is lower at r7 only 50% compared to 2H R type giving 74%, but ego will give 15% regardless of weapon type so you can still get a solid +65% crit damage with your hammer, 72% if you manage to get a hold of a Divine Shield.

So considering the 2h Celtic hammer/axe can't double bash, Life Exploration rod can't get special upgrades, and Soluna is out of reach reasonably, Borealis Hammer is really the way to go on an Elf in my opinion. I didn't mention that ego can boost bash's multiplier by 20% (additive) and one of the ultimates is 50% to recover 10% hp (not wound) from any close combat skill use which helps make up for elves having lower base defense and lower str/will caps for added defense/mdef.

Some extra final notes, you can use Broken Horn Hunter helm+glove+boot to get a full 10 points of smash enhance to boost that by 1.15x, and normally reforging a 1H limits you to a max roll of 10 for smash damage, but you can bypass this by rolling a higher smash damage line on a Red Echostone (if you roll 20 level on a grade 30 echostone and have smash enhance set on you'll reach 943% smash multiplier with dan 3 using 1H or 1012% if you roll smash 3 on two accessories ontop of that) and using your hammer's reforge slot to roll for max damage 10 (+20) instead or charge damage 10 (+15% additive to base multiplier per level, 10 level will more than double the damage from dan 3 charge on Elf and Human making it a more viable skill to use, particularly with cooldown 20 on helm to reduce it to 5 seconds, 3.75 seconds with erg 50 hammer's cooldown reduction applied on top of that, or maybe 2.5s if erg is applied before reforge I haven't tested this yet so I'm unsure the order.)
    ChaosShadow
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,165
    Sherri wrote: »

I've gotten the main 3 Int. spells to Dan 1 and I'm too scared to attempt going any further.. feels like the whole system is against me, at least let us use our own danged equips or at least give us decent gear lol

Were you also traumatized by dan 3 healing? :D