Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Redo the Cheer Energy Quest (Nele)

GremmGremm
Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
edited February 9, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
After i gathered 30 cheer energy (Nele) with Jack the first day i completed the quest and got the reward(?), but the cheer energy completely stopped being gathered after that and i was later told by Jack that i could help him gather the energy again at the earliest next week on Feb 1st.

I would like to complain about this since i didn't know that i would stop getting cheer energy once a part, or the whole quest was completed. Nele raises the Critical Rate Max Value and is a pain to rank up so i really wanted to continue collecting the tokens for Nele until the last minute.

I've tried to gather more cheer energy later with Yvona and i have now over 400+ cheer energy in my inventory that i can convert into tokens for Yvona and raise my Renown level with her.

I have already confirmed that you can use the cheer energy without the device that Jack provides thanks to the 5 extra cheer energy you get through the weekend bonus so they won't go to waste.

BUT, since the completion of the quest stops me from getting more cheer energy for Nele, the grindiest one to level up (Also a pain) i am quite upset about not being informed beforehand about this.

So, there you have it, i would like to have a redo of the Nele part of the quest again. At this moment i have 433 Cheer Energy tokens (Yvona) thanks to me not activating them and continuing on with the quest, on Feb 12, 1 day before the next part im gonna activate them all and then use them one at a time until they're done. That's what i was prepared to do with the Nele part too.
(Seriously, wouldn't it be fine for us players to continue collecting that cheer energy even if the quest was completed? That was just spiteful of whoever came up with the limitation idea..)

Summary:
Due to lack of information on both the quest, from the npc AND the main page/forum i demand a redo of the Cheer Energy gathering quest for Nele!

Comments

• GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited February 9, 2020
    This is intended. Don't expect to grind Renown so easily. It was so obvious, no re-do's. Just afk play intrument every day to raise cap for Nele/Yvona. It's as simple as afk for Cheer Energy.
    Draech
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    . . . or do what I do and not give zhid.
    Greta
  • DraechDraech
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,390
    Once you've used 30 Cheer Energy, using any more doesn't give Renown Seals. There's a popup that says "You've gathered all the cheer energy you need. The used item will disappear." So no, there's no way to cheat the system and get more than 30 Renown Seals per Music NPC. Stop complaining in every one of your threads that putting in effort in a game is too much work.
    LeineiGreta
  • GremmGremm
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,840
    Draech wrote: »
    Once you've used 30 Cheer Energy, using any more doesn't give Renown Seals. There's a popup that says "You've gathered all the cheer energy you need. The used item will disappear." So no, there's no way to cheat the system and get more than 30 Renown Seals per Music NPC. Stop complaining in every one of your threads that putting in effort in a game is too much work.

I've gotten more than 30 seals for Nele even after the quest was done so that is not true.
    Greta wrote: »
    This is intended. Don't expect to grind Renown so easily. It was so obvious, no re-do's. Just afk play intrument every day to raise cap for Nele/Yvona. It's as simple as afk for Cheer Energy.

Well then, that's one for and one against a redo of the Nele quest part. Thank you for your time.
    Helsa wrote: »
    . . . or do what I do and not give zhid.

Well that sounds great and all, but those renown levels give a permanent bonus to various stats depending on who you level with.
    Nele (Critical Rate) Yvona (Critical Damage) Briana (Shadow Mission Bonus EXP) Endelyon (MP) Edern (HP) Eluned (Stamina)
    And since this event questline was a freebie for both Nele, Yvona and later on Briana you get bonus levels for your Critical rate, your critical damage and extra exp for your shadow mission completion.
    It pays out in the long run.
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    Let's be realistic here. It's unlikely that there will be a "re-do" for that part of the event (or any part of it, for that matter), as historically they rarely ever have done that for these events (at least in the time I've been playing). Events are already plotted out and scheduled. There'd have to be complaints left and right or some serious technical flaws in the event design for it to even be considered.

Best you can do is let the team know they need to provide more clarification when describing how the events works, and hopefully they'll take it to heart when providing information in future events.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I think the extra cheers will just be inventory until they remove them with maintenance.