Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Weeb Thread (Anime/Manga Discussion)

SherriSherri
Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
in Town Square
A thread for the weebs of the forums.. if there is any? Just here for people to talk about all things anime/manga/etc.
This thread will probably die like my hopes and dreams though.. I wanted to be a meteorologist
Anyway, I guess we can start this off with what anime/manga you're currently watching/reading?
Personally, I don't really read manga but I've been trying to finish School-Live! I don't recommend it for the weak hearted.
I've also been trying to get back into One Piece, I recently restarted the series (Jan 22nd) and I'm on Ep. 54 out of 921
I'm also watching a lot of anime currently airing, like Seton Academy, Nekopara and er.. that one anime with the girl raising her defense in a VR MMORPG to become a living tank

Anyway, enough of me, is anyone else a fan of animanga around here?

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    tenor.gif?itemid=15984452
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Interspecies Reviewers best anime.
    Sherri
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Okay, I admit it, I am an weeaboo, and I also like to watch «痛いのは嫌なので防力に極振りしたいと思います» (referencing that Living Tank girl animé-series)... also still keeping up with Black Clover which has been on-going for 2+ years running...
    Sherri
    Greta wrote: »

Haven't seen it yet.
  • GretaGreta

Haven't seen it yet.

Go and watch it. Bring your family along to watch.

Haven't seen it yet.

Go and watch it. Bring your family along to watch.

I have it on my queue somewhere, just need to remember where it is lol.
  • SherriSherri

cjLYObj.png
    Sherri wrote: »

cjLYObj.png

You seem hesitant.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Haven't seen it for myself yet but from the video-comments underneath the animé-description it sounds like this... animé...? ...must be made for a male audience...? Basically, should male animé-characters see its episodes, they'd suddenly get nose-bleeds...? O_O

cjLYObj.png
    You seem hesitant.
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Haven't seen it for myself yet but from the video-comments underneath the animé-description it sounds like this... animé...? ...must be made for a male audience...? Basically, should male animé-characters see its episodes, they'd suddenly get nose-bleeds...? O_O

cjLYObj.png
    You seem hesitant.

Having not seen it or read it yet, that is my first interpretation as well.
  • GretaGreta
    No no, it's family friendly anime.
    Kensamaofmari
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    edited February 13, 2020

Is it though? XD
    I've no idea what it is, but the idea is amazing after all my struggles to find something that ISN'T......ridiculous, 99.9% of the time.
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Any of my so-called «family» always making too many excuses of being too busy to watch... cartoons.
    (They won't even bother to stay put in any one spot for more than a few minutes!)
    I am definitely going to try to convince the current group for all of us to watch it together though!

I will make sure to tell them that it's definitely family friendly even amidst «translations» from the sub-titles (from the first bit that I saw up to the intro-theme or whatever those things that have songs at the beginning and end of each episode are called) that literally read «not appropriate for children» since the current family that we're staying with has several little boys from probably the ages of 2-10, although I might need to find Chinese sub-titles or Chinese-dubbed version for them since I don't think they all speak English (and I know they do not speak Japanese).

Or maybe someone can find Courtney and get her to do it for me..
    Wolfsinger wrote: »

Is it though? XD
    I've no idea what it is, but the idea is amazing after all my struggles to find something that ISN'T......ridiculous, 99.9% of the time.

Depends on what your standard is for ridiculousness
  • SherriSherri
    If there is an anime you gotta watch with your whole family, it's definitely Made In Abyss.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited February 15, 2020
    Anime?

lfdvyy1.gif
    MFW I know about this subject.
  • GretaGreta
    edited February 16, 2020
    I'm impatiently waiting for RE: Zero Season 2. Really want to find out why he ended up that way.
    SherriWolfsinger
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    For those who enjoy funny stuff and depictions of «breaking the mould» for what society expects...:
    Add «Seton Academy» to the list of must-watches !

This is also another «inter-species» animé by the way. Even more «family friendly» than that other one ! ;o
    Any of my so-called «family» always making too many excuses of being too busy to watch... cartoons.
    (They won't even bother to stay put in any one spot for more than a few minutes!)
    I am definitely going to try to convince the current group for all of us to watch it together though!

I will make sure to tell them that it's definitely family friendly even amidst «translations» from the sub-titles (from the first bit that I saw up to the intro-theme or whatever those things that have songs at the beginning and end of each episode are called) that literally read «not appropriate for children» since the current family that we're staying with has several little boys from probably the ages of 2-10, although I might need to find Chinese sub-titles or Chinese-dubbed version for them since I don't think they all speak English (and I know they do not speak Japanese).

Hmm...
    https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/02/18-1/no-boats-here-as-interspecies-reviewers-gets-pulled-from-sun-tv-in-kobe-nsfw?utm_source=community_cr&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news&referrer=community_cr_twitter_news
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

Hmm...
    https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/02/18-1/no-boats-here-as-interspecies-reviewers-gets-pulled-from-sun-tv-in-kobe-nsfw?utm_source=community_cr&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news&referrer=community_cr_twitter_news

Doesn't seem like a big loss :P