Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Dungeon RE:Fine Update and the Beauty Update!
https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/69447/patch-notes-october-7th-2021
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Reforging tools.

LiyetaLiyeta
Mabinogi Rep: 6,060
edited February 10, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
Fine reforging tools and other variant of reforge should be easier to obtain in game.
Why ?
Because no sane person would pay $45+ for a chance to get nothing.

Also right now is 2020, by today standard mechanic like reforge is considered cancerous and sign of cheap Chinese knock off mmo that people should stay away from.

Make the game monetization friendlier. You guys need more player and not milking your current player base harder.

Also who think making tons of reforging tools variant with vague description is a good idea ? That thing is borderline scamming.
Servillius

Comments

• DragoolfireDragoolfire
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,390
    Welcome to Mabinogi!
    Draech
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,090
    Welcome to Mabinogi!

Unfortunately, I have to agree with this...
    It always seems to me like Nexon (at least Nexon NA) is more interested in coming up with new fashion or p2w methods than improving the game. If you want to try to argue reforges not being p2w, just take a look at the auction house where equipment with a rank 1 reforge will likely sell for millions more than the same gear without. Why is that? Because the effects make the equipment that much more powerful.
  • LiyetaLiyeta
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,060
    Sylek wrote: »
    Welcome to Mabinogi!

It always seems to me like Nexon (at least Nexon NA) is more interested in coming up with new fashion or p2w methods than improving the game. If you want to try to argue reforges not being p2w, just take a look at the auction house where equipment with a rank 1 reforge will likely sell for millions more than the same gear without. Why is that? Because the effects make the equipment that much more powerful.

Yea… no i just think mabi should up their standards so they could compete with other mmo. Since current monetization is pretty toxic and player number is really unhealthy.
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    I actually wrote a post a while back that had to do with redoing the Reforge system entirely to make it something people could pay for to speed it up, but it wasn't required (it would just take more time for the player).

But yeah, the reforge system needs a big redo. The fact that the game is pretty much expecting you to have ridiculous reforges to win the game in current years has gotten really out of hand.
  • SylekSylek
    Mabinogi Rep: 2,090
    edited February 10, 2020
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Welcome to Mabinogi!

Yea… no i just think mabi should up their standards so they could compete with other mmo. Since current monetization is pretty toxic and player number is really unhealthy.

The other day a friend and I cleared Peaca Basic and, out of curiousity, I looked to see if Ghost Swords could be reforged. As a joke from the fact that they can, my friend mentioned proceeding to whale thousands to have one super ghost sword... that would almost immediately break and have to spend thousands more on a new one. It's really bad that the only way to get that top quality gear is by spending that much money and getting lucky. Basic one use reforge: in general stores for 5000 gold, ok. Every reforge after that: get one from an event and pray to every deity you do and don't believe in or give Nexon a lot of money.
    Nexon is ok with this.
    Players are not ok with this... and yet some still do it...
  • SqueeSquee

The only ones that usually do are the ones with money to spare. I don't have money to put into the game like that anymore, so the only thing I buy is getting special pets every now and then, and sometimes I'll buy items (very rarely).
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,125
    Reminds me in KR, they have a reforge purchasable from the commerce shop. I think it's slightly worse than Fine reforge? But it's still there nonetheless. We, of course, never got it.
    Along with Festival Instruments.. and I hear maids/butlers have access to Adv. Magic, IS and FB respectively, and even FH.. but that's another rant for another day
    Liyeta wrote: »
    Welcome to Mabinogi!

The other day a friend and I cleared Peaca Basic and, out of curiousity, I looked to see if Ghost Swords could be reforged. As a joke from the fact that they can, my friend mentioned proceeding to whale thousands to have one super ghost sword... that would almost immediately break and have to spend thousands more on a new one. It's really bad that the only way to get that top quality gear is by spending that much money and getting lucky. Basic one use reforge: in general stores for 5000 gold, ok. Every reforge after that: get one from an event and pray to every deity you do and don't believe in or give Nexon a lot of money.
    Nexon is ok with this.

I've heard people use reforged 3 lined ghost swords for Erg
  • BloonkBloonk
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,080
    KR has commerce reforges u can buy for ducats. still waiting for NA to do that, but then people wouldn't buy as many nx reforges.
  • sunstreaksunstreak
    Mabinogi Rep: 430
    Reforges is not a new idea for any game. Most MMO's have some sort of this dynamic. Most MMO's are worse. From Ragnarok to Perfect World, these things exist.

One cannot begin the P2Win argument in a F2P game. It'll go seven ways from Sunday right quick. The RNG/Lootbox/built-in-failure argument is a non starter, sadly.

I think, maybe the point that could be made; is that at a certain level, Reforges are required to win in Mabinogi. -This is alleviated by the fact that if you're advanced enough to need reforges to advance, then you are powerful enough to spam dungeon drops to pay for them. :p Reforges abound in-game. Some ppl make their [in-game] spending money selling them.

If data servers were free; and devs were paid like athletes, none of these things would be necessary...
  • ServilliusServillius
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    There at least needs to be a way to narrow down the type of reforge you want.
  • SqueeSquee
    sunstreak wrote: »
    Reforges is not a new idea for any game. Most MMO's have some sort of this dynamic. Most MMO's are worse. From Ragnarok to Perfect World, these things exist.

One cannot begin the P2Win argument in a F2P game. It'll go seven ways from Sunday right quick. The RNG/Lootbox/built-in-failure argument is a non starter, sadly.

I think, maybe the point that could be made; is that at a certain level, Reforges are required to win in Mabinogi. -This is alleviated by the fact that if you're advanced enough to need reforges to advance, then you are powerful enough to spam dungeon drops to pay for them. :p Reforges abound in-game. Some ppl make their [in-game] spending money selling them.

If data servers were free; and devs were paid like athletes, none of these things would be necessary...

That doesn't make it okay by any means to exploit players out of money because of a broken system that leaves a lot of players in the dust because they don't have a ton of money to spend on games like this, especially given how much money it might take for those of us that are unlucky RNG'ers. They can easily find other ways to make money if they just use their brains for the right reasons. I actually wrote a post a while back redoing the reforge system so that there would still be a pay to win option that the game would have for all those that want to use it, but there would also be options for people who can't afford to pay. Some of these people pay a lot of money in this game, and could easily find things to buy if they redid the reforge system a little.

The fact is I think this game would make a lot more money if they were smarter about the items. The only people who buy things like gachas and stuff are the people who actually have money to waste on games like this. If they were to be a bit smarter, they could actually make a lot more money on this game. But aside from all the issues it has (discussion for another time), they really need to fix the game.

Look at Star Wars Battlefront 2. See how that game failed for the gacha system being garbage. That's a clear example (albeit a highly exaggerated one) that the system is just unfair.