Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Fix G24 Finale

PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
edited February 19, 2020 in Feedback and Suggestions
There are a lot of problems with G24 (and, no, this isn't a "waaaahtoohard" thread. Try freaking reading it, first.)

Part 1: The battle. It is a superlagfest, what with dead NPC bodies that don't despawn, the hellfire which is a huge contributor to the lag, and how if the camera is at a certain angle, you can't even see much of anything.

Part 2: The boss. First off, he usually flies half the time, at which point not only are you petrified, but when petrified, you're prone to get hit by attacks you can't avoid. That's not a "challenge"; its freaking bad design. Especially when lag is added onto it.

Part 3: The "desynching". As someone in another thread stated, the desync that comes from being petrified nearly half the time is often the cause of when a player dies. Whoever came up with the idea of having most of its attacks cause petrification, and that frequently, should be fired. Its super annoying.

Part 4: The cutscene. Some of us are actually invested in the storyline, and no, watching it on Youtube isn't the same (especially since all of em are in Korean; can't read em.).

The Tech Duinn Geata should also be modified to not spawn so many Black Moon Followers, as that also contributes to lag. They should really only spawn more when a follower is killed, and only on a 1-to-1 basis; one is killed, another is summoned. Otherwise, half the field is filled with something that doesn't need to be there.

Or at least make it so all of the boss's attacks can also damage the Black Moon Followers. At least that way, people might get a laugh out of this travesty of a Shadow Mission.

Oh, and, maybe let us watch cutscenes again from the orb in the Dunbarton Library of anything beginning with G19. That thing hasn't been updated since G16.
Sherri

Comments

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I'm extremely surprised at how unfair this fight is, I can't even do anything without teleporting everywhere and constantly getting petrified..
    Squee
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited February 18, 2020
    Petrification?
    Yikes.
    Not too much you can do about that.

It's either wear a set that grants petrification immunity or summon something like the Saga Pegasus every time you get petrified.
    Which isn't a very good backup plan, as it'd mean you can't make use of Divine Link and it'd also mean you'd be limited to curing petrify by the number of Pegasus pets you have. (and how many of them are off cooldown)
    Floral Fairy has a skill called Cleansing Dust which cures most status effects, as well. Though that again would require having that pet, and the skill itself has a lengthy cooldown.

Berserk cures and provides immunity to petrification, but that has so many drawbacks on its own that it's an even worse solution. (and can't even be learned by Elves on top of everything else)

I can't remember if Iron Will prevents petrification. Or if the first 5 seconds of Shield of Trust acts the same, either.

That's all I can think of on just that one particular problem.
    Even wearing Petrification Immunity doesn't sound great.
    Bone Marine set comes to mind, but I'm not sure if Giants can wear that set.
    Or if there are even enchants that grant points towards Petrification Immunity like there are for Poison/Stomp/Explosion
    PlatinaKoki
  • PlatinaKokiPlatinaKoki
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,760
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    Petrification?
    Yikes.
    Not too much you can do about that.

It's either wear a set that grants petrification immunity or summon something like the Saga Pegasus every time you get petrified.
    Which isn't a very good backup plan, as it'd mean you can't make use of Divine Link and it'd also mean you'd be limited to curing petrify by the number of Pegasus pets you have. (and how many of them are off cooldown)
    Floral Fairy has a skill called Cleansing Dust which cures most status effects, as well. Though that again would require having that pet, and the skill itself has a lengthy cooldown.

Berserk cures and provides immunity to petrification, but that has so many drawbacks on its own that it's an even worse solution. (and can't even be learned by Elves on top of everything else)

I can't remember if Iron Will prevents petrification. Or if the first 5 seconds of Shield of Trust acts the same, either.

That's all I can think of on just that one particular problem.
    Even wearing Petrification Immunity doesn't sound great.
    Bone Marine set comes to mind, but I'm not sure if Giants can wear that set.
    Or if there are even enchants that grant points towards Petrification Immunity like there are for Poison/Stomp/Explosion

I think Iron Will doesn't prevent it. Kind of hard to pay attention to a specific detail when the entire screen is just.... yeah.
    IyasenuSherri
  • SqueeSquee
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,565
    Sherri wrote: »
    I'm extremely surprised at how unfair this fight is, I can't even do anything without teleporting everywhere and constantly getting petrified..

Welcome to G19 onward (G20 excluded mostly). The game in recent years is nothing but unfair. I'm not surprised there's a lot of unfair advantages in this. It's pretty much par for the course at this point.
    Sherri