Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can Milletians Get Pregnant?

BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
in Story Discussion
I am assuming no, but this opens up a whole buttload of other questions I have, such as Milletian/Non-Milletian hybrids.

Comments

• FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840
    I've wondered about this, too.

Alyn from The Little Orphan Alyn Event was a Milletian. Assuming her parents were also Milletian... yeah.
    On the other hand, she was an event character, so I don't know if that counts as canon.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Delet this.
    mintiel
  • NegumikoNegumiko
    Mabinogi Rep: 9,765
    well I don't see why not, milletians are still humans or giants or elves just from a different world. so no I don't think it would be impossible, why else can't milletian elves and giants get married yet? the native elves and giants have far to many differences to ever get together and make peace anytime soon but what does that have to do with the milletian elves and giants getting married? if they allowed our milletian elves and giants to get married it would lead to creating a fourth race, a overpowered hybrid race with all the abilities of elves and giants.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    If you really think about it, none of the other races outside Milletians have had new children since the arrival of Milletians.
    Name any child that was born since the arrival of the Milletians.
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Negumiko wrote: »
    well I don't see why not, milletians are still humans or giants or elves just from a different world. so no I don't think it would be impossible, why else can't milletian elves and giants get married yet? the native elves and giants have far to many differences to ever get together and make peace anytime soon but what does that have to do with the milletian elves and giants getting married? if they allowed our milletian elves and giants to get married it would lead to creating a fourth race, a overpowered hybrid race with all the abilities of elves and giants.

hdcicxk3q4ox.jpg

Elven men would die though.
    tchnkoUnpayed
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730
    edited January 20, 2020
    I personally file this under the list of questions we probably don't want the answer to.

But.....

Does it count that I had a kid and want to introduce him to Mabi when he's old enough?
    KensamaofmariDarkpixie99Imaizumi
    Policroma wrote: »
    I personally file this under the list of questions we probably don't want the answer to.

But.....

Does it count that I had a kid and want to introduce him to Mabi when he's old enough?

I don't see why not. Congratulations! May Mabinogi live that long.
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    Somebody can since milletians rebirth all the time; who's doing the rebirthing; Nao?
    Kensamaofmari
  • Karin_TaoriKarin_Taori
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    I’d say no mainly due to the issue of overpopulation (since milletians don’t ‘die’ we’d overpopulate within a year.) plus the fluidity of gender (god knows what would happen to a child when your body becomes fluid during gender swap, plus men don’t have the proper equipment to bear children) on top of this, such children wouldn’t be real ‘milletians’ anymore as the name means ‘from the stars.’ Well, if they’re born on Erinn they aren’t from the stars now, are they?

Lastly is the ‘adoption’ model the family system uses, not ‘declaration.’ In the end it just makes more sense for milletians to be sterile than to be able to reproduce since, trust me, milletians would likely reproduce like rabbits. Milletians likely have the urge, but nothing will likely come of it.

As for the elf and giant thing i think its physiology. (Woe be to the human/elf girl that bears a giant child.) I doubt giant women would even notice they’re pregnant until the due date on the flipside though.
    Juliet1972
  • Darkpixie99Darkpixie99
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,660
    My guess is some sort of alchemy thing close to test tube babies, but with more magic and demigod powers involved.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Ultimately no, because like Barbie and G.I. Joe; no thingies, and non removeable underwear.
  • Juliet1972Juliet1972
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,265
    No no no...Nao ALLOWS us to Rebirth and lose all the junk food we eat. I know this after 11 years!!!

Myelvensis of Nao (Lesbian)
    Juliet1972 wrote: »
    No no no...Nao ALLOWS us to Rebirth and lose all the junk food we eat. I know this after 11 years!!!

Myelvensis of Nao (Lesbian)

Now we know where all the excess fat goes.
    Helsa wrote: »
    Ultimately no, because like Barbie and G.I. Joe; no thingies, and non removeable underwear.

What does underwear have to do with anything? We have hands, don't we? Doesn't holding hands get you pregnant?
    edited February 20, 2020
    Well, if they’re born on Erinn they aren’t from the stars now, are they?

Depending on Milletian physiology for men during rebirthing, they could be from Uranus instead.
    Juliet1972
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Pregananant.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Well, if they’re born on Erinn they aren’t from the stars now, are they?

Depending on Milletian physiology for men during rebirthing, they could be from Uranus instead.

Unless they Saturn your face.
    Kensamaofmari
  • PolicromaPolicroma
    Mabinogi Rep: 6,730

But.....

LOL, this wasn't anything recent. He's 8 now. ;)
  • HelsaHelsa

But.....

LOL, this wasn't anything recent. He's 8 now. ;)

My little brother introduced me to the game. He was 9 when he started playing it.
    There have been many a parent/children combos in Mabi. It's not surprising and maybe should count.
    Juliet1972