Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

We need mysterious reforges

Comments

• HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Mabinogi Rep: 11,305
    MabiIn2k19 wrote: »
    Are you just too poor to buy reforges?

You sound angry and irrelevant. Personally my gear is almost complete aside from min/max enchants and erg.
    Crims wrote: »
    The cons are less money for NA.

that's debatable though, give people a taste of the whale life they might spend some. It's worked in other games, and even so the mysterious ones don't roll as high so the whales won't bother, and people doing sketchy thing get the fine anyway. I can't see people that splurge on reforges suddenly not doing that, but who knows.
    Rhey wrote: »
    Hellkaizer wrote: »
    Commerce bots will just make it harder for everyone else tanking the trading rates. I think dungeon drops/SMs should be another alternative add-on. Or a daily quest line.

Commerce bots made it good, they only took the cheap items making the prices of the higher tier stuff way more valuable. Commerce died when the bots died, because it's a flawed system.

Back when I used to spam commerce...Lovely potion was a nightmare to get any because of commerce bots. And Wine rack depreciated so fast as well. I hated spending 15-20mins trips for only half the original profits.

I'm sure given an enticing enuf reason and the bad apples will start to ruin it again for everyone. :(

Revamping commerce system should be first before featuring any f2p exclusive power creeps enabling item to the trade.

Ah you meant at the start when you could glitch passed bandits and such. I was referring to slightly after that, when bots would only take small stuff because it didn't spawn difficult bandits and it'd push the price of better stuff higher. Prices should reset weekly/daily regardless but I don't think bots would be as big an issue, if everyone is doing it bots would be reported and nexon is actually doing something with reports now.
    BlissfulkillFOXAssassin
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    Commerce bots will just make it harder for everyone else tanking the trading rates. I think dungeon drops/SMs should be another alternative add-on. Or a daily quest line.

Commerce bots made it good, they only took the cheap items making the prices of the higher tier stuff way more valuable. Commerce died when the bots died, because it's a flawed system.

Back when I used to spam commerce...Lovely potion was a nightmare to get any because of commerce bots. And Wine rack depreciated so fast as well. I hated spending 15-20mins trips for only half the original profits.

I'm sure given an enticing enuf reason and the bad apples will start to ruin it again for everyone. :(

Revamping commerce system should be first before featuring any f2p exclusive power creeps enabling item to the trade.

Have you ever thought that maybe Lovely Potions were a nightmare because it only took two people to completely deplete the stock during commerce’s heyday?
  • LutetiumLutetium
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,605
    Have you ever thought that maybe Lovely Potions were a nightmare because it only took two people to completely deplete the stock during commerce’s heyday?

It's also because the forums believe anyone who clicks faster and or has lower latency than them is hacking, any macro is a bot, any mule is a bot, any newbie who doesn't talk to them ingame because they're on voip with someone else is a bot, and so on.

As for the Mysterious Reforge it's self, the game's content is as I've mentioned in several posts now, balanced around having reforged gear now, aka the Mysterious Reforge as it's the intended ingame option to reforge your gear. At the time it was added none of the content really required having reforged gear, but clearly that was done to give players time TO reforge their gear before making content balanced around reforges making gear another progression system aside from skill ranks and stats.

Nexon NA has instead decided in removing the means to reforge ingame that the content designed around reforges should be paywalled, because if a player sticks around long enough to have the stats for late game content we may as well milk them for cash and give them no other option to obtain the gear for late game content. which has lead a plague of over six million threads demanding content be made easier in the suggestions and feedback forum.

They can get away with this in America though because wealth shaming is part of the culture, if something was designed and implemented to be free but changed to be paywalled enough people will mindlessly insist that anyone who takes issue with it is "JUST TOO POOR BRO" so it's easy for Nexon to get away with here without officially justifying it laughing all the way to the bank.
    Personally? I'm not a fan of flushing my cash down the toilet on virtual gambling with no physical payout, so I just pay the gold premium for items with reforge lines I want already on them being sold by other players, and use the event scraps if I want to reforge an item I already have. I could drop $4,000 on reforges for more charging strike damage sure, or I could buy a Threadripper 3990X which will pay for it's self and generate more money because certain datasets like that extra clock speed over a dual EPYC system's additional cores. I have to bring this up not because it's relevant to the topic or as a humblebrag but because my argument against something free being turned into something paywalled will simply be dismissed without "verification" of personal wealth via "YOU'RE JUST TOO POOR BRO".

I would go deeper into the gamble aspect but the post is too long already.

TL;DR: Reforging was designed to be free ingame with the option to pay for better rolls on average, NA has broken the game balance and paywalled content by removing the Mysterious Reforge.
    IyasenuHabimaruFOXAssassinAlshianSherri
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Lutetium wrote: »
    snip
    honestly if there was another game like mabi. I would've moved on already, but there just isn't. FFXIV boring combat, class locked, base game is super boring and the combat is still boring until max level, then it's okayish at best. Runescape, been there done that. There just isn't anything like mabi, and it's frustrating.
    LutetiumWolfsingerFOXAssassinSherri
  • LutetiumLutetium
    honestly if there was another game like mabi. I would've moved on already, but there just isn't. FFXIV boring combat, class locked, base game is super boring and the combat is still boring until max level, then it's okayish at best. Runescape, been there done that. There just isn't anything like mabi, and it's frustrating.

I think most of us feel the same honestly.
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    I await Mabi's competition...some day. Now if they just do what makes a good great while avoiding doing the big bad, Mabi would only be a memory later.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Lutetium wrote: »

It's also because the forums believe anyone who clicks faster and or has lower latency than them is hacking, any macro is a bot, any mule is a bot, any newbie who doesn't talk to them ingame because they're on voip with someone else is a bot, and so on.

I must've glanced over this, glad to see the forums don't change. It's pretty easy to make gold, but I suppose people still think 40k isn't needed, when in reality it's adding an extra 130 max if you're an elf. Granted getting to 40k isn't exactly easy, but it's still one of the largest damage boosts you can get as well as getting an echostone too.
  • LutetiumLutetium
    I must've glanced over this, glad to see the forums don't change. It's pretty easy to make gold, but I suppose people still think 40k isn't needed, when in reality it's adding an extra 130 max if you're an elf. Granted getting to 40k isn't exactly easy, but it's still one of the largest damage boosts you can get as well as getting an echostone too.

Really even getting 40k isn't that hard now:
    07774c43d1.png
    less than 3 years of casual play on this character, leveling has been totally trivialized since baltane and blaanid combined with all the rebirth and forgetful potion handouts combined with the endless barrage of baltane elite passes and 2x exp from fishing or straight up afk handout events, oh and the buff to GM cleric making it give a free 50% mob exp in parties.
    Sherri
  • TiroTiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    edited February 18, 2020
    https://clips.twitch.tv/SpoopyFurryEndivePrimeMe

looks to me you can get more then 3 mysterious reforges a day in KR. Looks to me like its 3 reforges per channel per imp.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    huh so if you really wanted you could get 100+ a day. Sources say they cap at 16 for what they can roll though, but still would you prefer all the reforges you need at 16 or not having them at all?
    FOXAssassin
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Reforges are always a mystery.
    WolfsingerChaosShadow
  • BlissfulkillBlissfulkill
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,425
    To be fair, I think Mabinogi's combat is pretty okay, but I absolutely love the rebirth leveling system. I would have ditched Mabinogi a long time ago if there any game with Mabinogi's leveling system, but no, it's all battle royale MOBA shooter looter bullcrap.

On another note, Treasure Hunter looks like a woman on the login screen.

Back on topic, I don't really want to spend gold on reforges. The amount of inflation from free checks, no repairs, and all that has destroyed the economy of terms of what I can reasonably earn in a weekend binge. NX goods are always pretty pricey.

It seems reforges don't matter as much for a lot of content as people think it does, but...
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    To be fair, I think Mabinogi's combat is pretty okay, but I absolutely love the rebirth leveling system. I would have ditched Mabinogi a long time ago if there any game with Mabinogi's leveling system, but no, it's all battle royale MOBA shooter looter bullcrap.

On another note, Treasure Hunter looks like a woman on the login screen.

Back on topic, I don't really want to spend gold on reforges. The amount of inflation from free checks, no repairs, and all that has destroyed the economy of terms of what I can reasonably earn in a weekend binge. NX goods are always pretty pricey.

It seems reforges don't matter as much for a lot of content as people think it does, but...

Mabinogi is really unique to me, and will always hold a place in my heart. I've made life long friends, and upgraded from casual romantic interest to husband all while playing mabinogi.

Back on topic though, if you have 2 players all the same setup, but one has 20 in every reforge, and the other has 16 they will perform very similar. Personally I'd take either person with no preference, and these reforges would be a really nice way of leveling the playing field a bit.
    FOXAssassin
  • HolyspellzHolyspellz
    Mabinogi Rep: 230
    If you run content you can easily buy reforges and any gear. The pay to win crying is so old most ppl try to buy this stuff with gold instead of swiping anyways. Let's ask nexon to make less money. Do yall not see the trend during events and good gacha, way more of the community just trys to buy with gold. Honestly if you can't make enough to fund gear you probably don't need reforges anyways.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    edited February 25, 2020
    Holyspellz wrote: »
    If you run content you can easily buy reforges and any gear. The pay to win crying is so old most ppl try to buy this stuff with gold instead of swiping anyways. Let's ask nexon to make less money. Do yall not see the trend during events and good gacha, way more of the community just trys to buy with gold. Honestly if you can't make enough to fund gear you probably don't need reforges anyways.

but you can't run content without those, at least not meaningful content in terms of earning gold. I spent close to 250m reforging my accessories and they only roll 1-3 I've probably spent close to 1b reforging all my gear, if not more. With all the recent ban rumors floating around people are a lot more hesitant to RMT for stuff, so of course offering gold is getting more common because people don't want to get banned.

Quick edit:
    You can't buy any gear, a finished divine blade can go for 1-2.5b that's not an easy amount to make at all and that's assuming you even find someone selling it because gear that good isn't sold it's made and can easily cost more than that to make.
  • HolyspellzHolyspellz
    Mabinogi Rep: 230
    In on week 13 of gameplay and there is nothing i can not participate in. Is there places i go im weaker than my peers and it shows? Yeah. Am i gigapro solo machine? No, altho if i was human id be much more capable. This kind of ties into how bad you want it. Swiz spam with crystals can make good money. Metallurgy, erg mat crafting not all income requires crazy gear. Not all content requires crazy gear, think normal techs. Think purification runs, daily lords etc. There is linear progression. Now endgame status you can spend infinite amount of gold and irl money sesrching for dual lines, triple lines max rolls etc etc etc but cost of entry is not the same as that. Just my opinion as a new player.
  • HellkaizerHellkaizer
    Holyspellz wrote: »
    In on week 13 of gameplay and there is nothing i can not participate in. Is there places i go im weaker than my peers and it shows? Yeah. Am i gigapro solo machine? No, altho if i was human id be much more capable. This kind of ties into how bad you want it. Swiz spam with crystals can make good money. Metallurgy, erg mat crafting not all income requires crazy gear. Not all content requires crazy gear, think normal techs. Think purification runs, daily lords etc. There is linear progression. Now endgame status you can spend infinite amount of gold and irl money sesrching for dual lines, triple lines max rolls etc etc etc but cost of entry is not the same as that. Just my opinion as a new player.

That's pretty impressive for only 3 1/2 months, better than most people on the forums here tbh.

Something people always undervalue is farming events too. Starfish are entirely afk and 600k each
  • TiroTiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    I don't believe they can actually do all content, they may have done everything that they tried, but you can't take a new character in elite nightmares and do anything but die.