Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Weeb Thread (Anime/Manga Discussion)

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Wolfsinger wrote: »
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Any of my so-called «family» always making too many excuses of being too busy to watch... cartoons.
    (They won't even bother to stay put in any one spot for more than a few minutes!)
    I am definitely going to try to convince the current group for all of us to watch it together though!

I will make sure to tell them that it's definitely family friendly even amidst «translations» from the sub-titles (from the first bit that I saw up to the intro-theme or whatever those things that have songs at the beginning and end of each episode are called) that literally read «not appropriate for children» since the current family that we're staying with has several little boys from probably the ages of 2-10, although I might need to find Chinese sub-titles or Chinese-dubbed version for them since I don't think they all speak English (and I know they do not speak Japanese).

Or maybe someone can find Courtney and get her to do it for me..
    Greta wrote: »
    No no, it's family friendly anime.

Hmm...
    https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/02/18-1/no-boats-here-as-interspecies-reviewers-gets-pulled-from-sun-tv-in-kobe-nsfw?utm_source=community_cr&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news&referrer=community_cr_twitter_news

Doesn't seem like a big loss :P

Mixed reactions nonetheless.
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I finished School-Live! a few days ago.. I only cried 5 times.
    Sherri wrote: »
    I finished School-Live! a few days ago.. I only cried 5 times.

I haven't finished season 1 and I started when it first came out.
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Any of my so-called «family» always making too many excuses of being too busy to watch... cartoons.
    (They won't even bother to stay put in any one spot for more than a few minutes!)
    I am definitely going to try to convince the current group for all of us to watch it together though!

I will make sure to tell them that it's definitely family friendly even amidst «translations» from the sub-titles (from the first bit that I saw up to the intro-theme or whatever those things that have songs at the beginning and end of each episode are called) that literally read «not appropriate for children» since the current family that we're staying with has several little boys from probably the ages of 2-10, although I might need to find Chinese sub-titles or Chinese-dubbed version for them since I don't think they all speak English (and I know they do not speak Japanese).

Hmm...
    https://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2020/02/18-1/no-boats-here-as-interspecies-reviewers-gets-pulled-from-sun-tv-in-kobe-nsfw?utm_source=community_cr&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=news&referrer=community_cr_twitter_news

Best anime of this year so far. Psh, don't listen to these sensitive haters lmao.

Hmm...

Best anime of this year so far. Psh, don't listen to these sensitive haters lmao.

I watched a couple episodes yesterday. Yes, there's some +18 content, but nothing major that I think should get it taken off air.
    There have been plenty of similar shows that have aired with no issues. People are too touchy in the 21st century. They're like 17th century Puritans.
    Greta
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875

Hmm...

I watched a couple episodes yesterday. Yes, there's some +18 content, but nothing major that I think should get it taken off air.
    There have been plenty of similar shows that have aired with no issues. People are too touchy in the 21st century. They're like 17th century Puritans.

People are sensitive in general right now. Really sad honestly.
    SaiKensamaofmari
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Another «must-watch» to add to the list of still-ongoing animé : 魔入りました!入間くん (Welcome to Demon School! Iruma-kun)
    Man, I have to dig out so much anime I've missed over the years, it's tough.
  • GretaGreta

You didn't miss a lot. These past like 5 years were meh... I probably could count how much good anime got released with my hands. Honestly i just realized the spring season is going to be good.
    Wolfsinger

You didn't miss a lot. These past like 5 years were meh... I probably could count how much good anime got released with my hands. Honestly i just realized the spring season is going to be good.

There's a number of series in which I've been enjoying the manga and I find out that they had an anime adaptation that I was not aware of because they aren't on some of the available streaming services.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    edited February 26, 2020

Different for me. I have been enjoying so many of them that I got overloaded. But I have pretty wide tastes and low standards.

We need more Isekai. Mmm.

Murenase! Seton Gakuen and Isekai Quartet 2 are my two favorite ones that started to air this season.
    I'm watching like 28 different things right now.
    Sai wrote: »

Different for me. I have been enjoying so many of them that I got overloaded. But I have pretty wide tastes and low standards.

We need more Isekai. Mmm.

Murenase! Seton Gakuen and Isekai Quartet 2 are my two favorite ones that started to air this season.
    I'm watching like 28 different things right now.

I have so much on queue and so much not added to queue yet. I'm only able to do 1 episode of a show a day if I don't fall asleep.
  • GretaGreta
    edited February 27, 2020
    Too much isekai. And the only good ones which got released for past few years were probably only The Rising Of Shield Hero, Overlord and Re: Zero. Most looked like cheap trash with pretty much same uninspiring plot: Guy pops out in isekai, gets OP right away and has like at least 5 chick harem, fights baddies and wins everything with no sweat. Pretty much like that.

EDIT: Forgot to add Log Horizon. It was good isekai anime too. SAO's newest Alicization arc is actually nice too.
    Too much isekai. And the only good ones which got released for past few years were probably only The Rising Of Shield Hero, Overlord and Re: Zero. Most looked like cheap trash with pretty much same uninspiring plot: Guy pops out in isekai, gets OP right away and has like at least 5 chick harem, fights baddies and wins everything with no sweat. Pretty much like that.

EDIT: Forgot to add Log Horizon. It was good isekai anime too. SAO's newest Alicization arc is actually nice too.

I hear Log Horizon was getting another season?
  • GretaGreta

I think so. After so many years. I honestly barely remember what happened there, probably will need to rewatch.

I think so. After so many years. I honestly barely remember what happened there, probably will need to rewatch.

I watched the first 10 episodes then left it on queue for later. I tend to do that a lot. Watch the first few episodes of a series and then put on hold for later. Always endless building a queue of half watched shows.
    SherriWolfsinger
  • SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615

I watched the first 10 episodes then left it on queue for later. I tend to do that a lot. Watch the first few episodes of a series and then put on hold for later. Always endless building a queue of half watched shows.

I do this too.. I remember watching Soul Eater and not finishing the rest of it and it haunts me for all eternity.. I need save some time to watch it..
    KensamaofmariWolfsinger
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Step 1 : Get External HDD with massive storage-space (computer storage-space is very inexpensive these days... fortunately ?).
    Step 2 : Create Directory/Folder Specifically For Animé
    Step 3 : Create Sub-Directories/Sub-Folders in Said Animé-Folder by Year
    Step 4 : Create Additional Sub-Directories/Sub-Foldiers With Each Year by Season/Month
    Step 5 : Save/Download Episodes to Their Specified Sub-Folder/Sub-Directory For Respective Year/Month/Season Sub-Foldier/Sub-Directory
    Step 6 : If Too Many Animé Titles in One Sub-Directory/Sub-Folder Then Organise Even Further by Release-Day (e.g.: Mon-Sun)
    Step 7 : Continue to Download/Save New Episodes Into Appropriate Sub-Directories/Sub-Folders as They're Released

Congratulations ! You have now joined the ranks of some of we (highly) «organised» otaku !
    Step 1 : Get External HDD with massive storage-space (computer storage-space is very inexpensive these days... fortunately ?).
    Step 2 : Create Directory/Folder Specifically For Animé
    Step 3 : Create Sub-Directories/Sub-Folders in Said Animé-Folder by Year
    Step 4 : Create Additional Sub-Directories/Sub-Foldiers With Each Year by Season/Month
    Step 5 : Save/Download Episodes to Their Specified Sub-Folder/Sub-Directory For Respective Year/Month/Season Sub-Foldier/Sub-Directory
    Step 6 : If Too Many Animé Titles in One Sub-Directory/Sub-Folder Then Organise Even Further by Release-Day (e.g.: Mon-Sun)
    Step 7 : Continue to Download/Save New Episodes Into Appropriate Sub-Directories/Sub-Folders as They're Released

Congratulations ! You have now joined the ranks of some of we (highly) «organised» otaku !

You know what annoys me? On Crunchyroll, they redid the queues to put what you recently added/watched to the top of the list every time.
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Actually, speaking of Crunchyroll, I hadn't given much thought to the new stuff coming out until I got a random ad for it on youtube. Watched cause I was bored, then I saw Noblesse and that admittedly excited me. I've read up to halfway through the manhwa some time back, and I learned recently the series is finished, so I really need to go back and read the rest of it.
    I'm excited for that, coming up. Hopefully they didn't mess that up too, like they have others of my favorite stories. Pandora Hearts, I'm looking at you XD
    Sherri wrote: »
    I do this too.. I remember watching Soul Eater and not finishing the rest of it and it haunts me for all eternity.. I need save some time to watch it..

I think we all do, to some degree, though I find that funny cause Soul Eater is one of the few I actually managed to finish XD
    It was good, minus the first three episodes. Got better towards the end, would definitely recommend finishing. Though if you've read the manga first, brace yourself XD
    Kensamaofmari