Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Design-an-Event Discussion !

HabimaruHabimaru
Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
in General Chat
I was considering replying to one of the other thread about this but then I decided it may as well be a topic of its own.

Anyway, besides life-skills-oriented events (and AFK/login-events), I was thinking that it couldn't hurt to have Events that are more oriented around strategic-thinking rather than being too stats-oriented to be able to complete them efficiently. Lately, I have noticed a trend of Mabinogi's direction moving more towards «darker-themed» scenarios/generations, rather than the «happy» times (and music-tracks) that were so inviting to join a «paradise-like» ideal-world.

See how «happy» and «peaceful» this trailer is compared to the direction we've been going for the last few years in a row ?
Currently, the «dance-moves» available a currently /dance1 to /dance4 (for a total of four unless more were added), one or some of which seems to require VIP/premium to perform. Well, I say it's about time to «step-up» our dance-game, and this engine is definitely capable of handling it... probably (of course it can; considering how windmill is very break-dance like in its move when unequipped). Perhaps new dance-moves can be introduced in the form of events if it's not added in the form of a Generation...
Create a whole entire «Dance» talent if so inclined (yes, yes, I know that there is a Dance-of-Death skill with various mood-cards like Ballet., etc.), and maybe there ought to be different dance-effects, like draining MP from surrounding opponents, slowing down opponents, charming opponents to attack each other, granting chain-cast ability to allies, perhaps even elemental-specific boosts (to allies) and/or debuffs (to opponents), etc. How-ever, the ideas I have in mind for Dance-events are not and do not necessarily need to be combat-oriented, because it's really just supposed to be for the fun of it (and maybe some stats-boosts and/or titles [for stat-boosts ?]).
Note : The following video after this spoiler is animated to this KPop song...

See that...? ↑pointing↑up↑ward↑ Doesn't that look like fun!? Currently, some DDR-like mini-games exist in the form of the weekly Fashion-Contest (with daily preliminaries), and that Boom-Box. Sometimes there were events that had their own version of these types of DDR-like mini-games (such as what-ever that Event was called where the Birnam-pouches were first introduced). Anyway, were I to design some form of Event with the idea of «fun» in mind, one of my ideas would be to have a «Charming Dance-Defense» Event. Wait, what, a Charming Dance-Defense Event ? Yes, it is a play on «Tower Defense» (similar to what you/we do in/at that Avalon-Bridge Baltane-Mission), combined with «Dance-Moves» (that Charm) for the «Defense» of the Bridge (or whatever is being Defended).

Basically, waves of spawns appear, and I guess the story-line goes that there's this «Charm» you wear (Accessory or otherwise) where your «Dance-Moves» seem to have a «Charming» effect upon the waves trying to pass through. The idea is to use your new «Dance-Moves» to «Charm» those guys trying to get through, and if your dance-sequence is successful whilst the waves are within the magic-circles whilst you're equipped with said Charm(-Accessory?), they will join you in a dance-off, too. The more you «grow» your «dance-entourage» the more energy becomes available for various buffs and enlarging your magic-circle(s)!

Rewards for completing Event/s :

・Special Music-Video/Dance-Music (Cut-Scene ?)
・Various Dancer-Bags (Depending on Performance)... with Birnam-equivalent inventory slots
・Various Dance-Wear Outfits (M&F&U [Male & Female & Unisex])
・Commemorative Dance-Master (2nd) Title Coupon [+Move/+Stam/+Dex & Increased Debuff Success-Rate]
・The Break-Dancer (2nd) Title-Coupon [+Move/+Stam/+Dex & All Stats Buffed/Increased When Break-Dancing Until Damage Taken]
・Red/Blue Upgrade-Stones
・Dance-Partner Outfit/s (Dance-Partners would be of course a Cash-Shop-Promotion similar to Maids/Butlers/William/Laighlinne/etc)
・Stage-Pass (Auto-Completion of Mission Upon Use During a Mission [I can see people wanting to hoard this for things like Purification-Missions & Tech Duinn Elites... yeah... they probably won't go so far as to make such an item exist any time soon but then again maybe we haven't «seen everything» yet]... ;o)
Helsa

Comments

• HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    By GOD Habi, you finally made a thread I like; well done sir! Mind you, like my good friend Kensamaformerlyofmari, I didn't bother to read the post through; too many words make brain hurt.

I want an event that draws people to the already existing mini-games: rafting, ballooning, JOUSTING, fashion, cooking contest, and so on. This is an Olympic year and isn't it in Tokyo, where Nexons head office its? The event could be tied to a revamping of the games since they are mostly ghost towns.
    Habimaru
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Don't know... I figure that each branch has a head-office for its respective country/location/region.
    Anyway... I guess I failed to mention it in the first post but : Please feel free to come up with your ideas to Design-an-Event of your own !
    Helsa wrote: »
    By GOD Habi, you finally made a thread I like; well done sir! Mind you, like my good friend Kensamaformerlyofmari, I didn't bother to read the post through; too many words make brain hurt.

I want an event that draws people to the already existing mini-games: rafting, ballooning, JOUSTING, fashion, cooking contest, and so on. This is an Olympic year and isn't it in Tokyo, where Nexons head office its? The event could be tied to a revamping of the games since they are mostly ghost towns.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Don't know... I figure that each branch has a head-office for its respective country/location/region.

Well I read it on Wikipedia so who knows, but I remember being surprised that head office was in Japan not South Korea.
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Anyway... I guess I failed to mention it in the first post but : Please feel free to come up with your ideas to Design-an-Event of your own !

Don't worry, the title made it clear I think, but even if it didn't my post certainly did. Despite being "just a girl" and just on the happy side of 5 feet, I can be a bit of a "bull in a china shop" which is ironic since that's my pedigree.
    Habimaru
  • NilremNilrem
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,880
    Just make Boss Rush/Cave of Trials a piece of normal content or a much more commonly returning event.

Thanks.
    Habimaru
  • RimbaudRimbaud
    Mabinogi Rep: 485
    Aura Kingdom is sort of where Mabi should be heading towards from an aestethic stanandpoint imho, I mean the similarities are there, only AO looks more, uh, palatable. Less clipping and more graceful.

But anyways.

As for dancing, how about a talent like Music, and you could choreograph your own dances and recreate existing ones? Sort of like MikuMikuDance. Imagine the amount of player-made footage we would get on YT, possibly luring new players in. It's been a sort of thing to create existing anime characters in MMD and make them dance to basically anything, so there is definitely a market for that. And with the excessive amount of outfits in the game, you can already cosplay as most anime characters anyways - but this may encourage even more whales to whale out for new outfits, which is also a good thing for the game financially. Weebery is good money, remember the SAO event lel.

As for events, this could be made into one or a recurring one even; let's say like the fashion contest, where the winner/s choreo would be showcased for a week in a central spot somewhere in the game.
    Habimaru
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    I saw life skills. Is interested. However, lately haven't had time to make idea posts.
    Back to work I go.
    Habimaru
  • HelsaHelsa
    I saw life skills. Is interested. However, lately haven't had time to make idea posts.
    Back to work I go.

Please, you're still gaining on Greta and Crims.
    Habimaru
  • ServilliusServillius
    Mabinogi Rep: 745
    edited February 27, 2020
    I like the fiesta Lorraine’s Nightmares, but it’s just not the same as the non-fiesta ones.

I want to see a fashion event, or an event where crazy difficult mobs spawn frequently in the overworld. What about an event similar to Lorraine’s nightmares, except you play as fomors and other enemies, and have to stop milletians? I’d love to go against some puppetry/dual gun/ninja/chain slash enemies, too.

The one event I have been hoping for most, though, is one that boosts the quality and stats of crafted items. It would be awesome if that came with a double drop, (or three times for materials,) increased gathering rate, maybe with 2x life skill training too. It was the one thing I wanted to happen most as part of the ascension events, but didn’t happen.

An increased artisan upgrade event would be amazingly cool, too.
    Habimaru
  • WolfsingerWolfsinger
    Mabinogi Rep: 5,875
    Servillius wrote: »
    I’d love to go against some puppetry/dual gun/ninja/chain slash enemies, too.

*is having flashbacks to when one of my guildmates kept asking me to duel and would proceed to humiliate poor weak little bard me with his puppet* No

Actually, thinking on that, Succubus fiends have some dual-gun abilities, right? *has not gone into Phantasm yet*
    Habimaru
  • TiroTiro
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,365
    yes Succubus fiends have dual guns, and there is also a boss in g24 that uses chains.
    Habimaru