Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Can doki doki flight be used in dungeons

PoopsAlotPoopsAlot
Mabinogi Rep: 610
in General Chat
and shadow missions?

Comments

• HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    No. Only places where you can take off with a flying pet.
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    You can hover but that's a detriment. I forget if it works in a field boss zone.
  • LeineiLeinei
    Mabinogi Rep: 16,440
    Also remember that you can't use it in Field Boss areas.
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Should be more specific on the types of field bosses mentioned. :)
  • HelsaHelsa
    Should be more specific on the types of field bosses mentioned. :)

++
  • ookieookie
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,925
    edited February 27, 2020
    you can use it to get TO the Field Boss (Raid Boss)....you can even fly right up to them, and look 'em straight in the eye.....however, if you land then you're screwed because you won't be able to take off again until you leave the battle zone....once outside it you can fly again.....also it'll allow you to fly over Zardine through all the Wyverns with no worries of being attacked by them...... shhhhh, don't tell anyone....lol
  • HelsaHelsa
    ookie wrote: »
    you can use it to get TO the Field Boss (Raid Boss)....you can even fly right up to them, and look 'em straight in the eye.....however, if you land then you're screwed because you won't be able to take off again until you leave the battle zone....once outside it you can fly again.....also it'll allow you to fly over Zardine through all the Wyverns with no worries of being attacked by them...... shhhhh, don't tell anyone....lol

Do they agro BEFORE you land?
  • ookieookie
    edited February 27, 2020
    i'm not sure they even know you exist in flight mode.....nope....just flew over some Wyverns.....even hovering right above ground underneath a flock of 'em at the hot springs....they don't acknowledge me at all
    Helsa wrote: »

Do they agro BEFORE you land?

I think wyverns can only attack you if you're using a flying pet. Even if they aggro you while you're using one of the flying actions, they shouldn't be able to touch you. As for field raid bosses, I believe you either cannot enter the zone or they force flight cancellation.

As for regular field bosses in fly zone on Uladh, you can try over or into them as you please, Tir and Dunbarton.
  • HelsaHelsa
    I was kinda asking @ookie about whether field bosses agro you before you land.
    I was kinda asking @ookie about whether field bosses agro you before you land.

Let me add more to your question. If they do aggro before you land, is it during flight or while hovering?
  • ookieookie
    edited February 28, 2020
    the WYVERNS don't.....but.....i have seen the Raid Bosses get a bit upset if you hover around too long....especially the Lion (he has a bad attitude anyways...lol) ....i've not tinkered with them at ground level in flight mode....it would be safe to say they might charge skills because they 'feel' threatened by your being there.....might try it with the minions that hang around with the dragons at Filia and Vales to be sure....a safer way would be to aggravate a raccoon at the logging camp....if it can attack you hovering at ground level then it's a safe bet others could too
    Kensamaofmari
  • ookieookie
    and YES you can fly right through a Field Boss battle zone....not on a pet though....the original question was about Doki Doki flight skill not pets....i do it all the time to evaluate my approach to the dragons to train Meteor Smash when i'm by myself....don't wanna be multi-aggroed by their minions so i fly around them to find the least guarded area to get closer to the dragons....plus like i said before about the Lion....it's fun to aggravate him knowing he can't touch you
    Kensamaofmari
  • ookieookie
    edited February 28, 2020
    CONFIRMED.....although you can use the skill to fly to....and....all around a Field Boss (Raid Boss) ....if you hit the V to lower all the way to just hovering off the ground then you will lose the ability to fly back up again, and you WILL be attacked.....hitting V again will do nothing for you....you must leave the battle zone before you can fly again

how do i know this.....i'm currently lying at the feet of the Lion Raid Boss impressing him with my bleeding skill ....i was fine until i hit the V which essentially puts you on the ground even though you're floating above it a few feet....that big ol kitty widdy took me out while i was floating there soiling myself

in short....you can fly to, and in, the battle zone....just don't hit V to land unless you are serious about it
    Kensamaofmari
  • HelsaHelsa
    CONFIRMED.....although you can use the skill to fly to....and....all around a Field Boss (Raid Boss) ....if you hit the V to lower all the way to just hovering off the ground then you will lose the ability to fly back up again, and you WILL be attacked.....hitting V again will do nothing for you....you must leave the battle zone before you can fly again

how do i know this.....i'm currently lying at the feet of the Lion Raid Boss impressing him with my bleeding skill ....i was fine until i hit the V which essentially puts you on the ground even though you're floating above it a few feet....that big ol kitty widdy took me out while i was floating there soiling myself

in short....you can fly to, and in, the battle zone....just don't hit V to land unless you are serious about it

If you were quick about it, could you get more time, on the ground, next to him, before being agroed than if you just ran up to him?
  • ookieookie
    you'd get all kinds of time if you're an elf.....land then go invisible
  • HelsaHelsa

Would a non-elf have time to land and use things like, crisis escape, sand burst, lullaby, or raincasting?
  • FluoretteFluorette
    Mabinogi Rep: 4,840

Would a non-elf have time to land and use things like, crisis escape, sand burst, lullaby, or raincasting?

I can't speak for the other skills, but if a Field Boss aggros you as soon as you land, you won't have time to use Rain Casting.