Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the Mini-games + Quality of Life Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/91106/mini-games-quality-of-life-update-patch-notes-april-11th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Has anyone been losing money left and right?

PoopsAlotPoopsAlot
Mabinogi Rep: 610
in General Chat
I'm taking out 100k at a time, and leaving it in my inventory and when I check moments later its at 0. What the heck is that? Is it a bug? A glitched item or pet. Is anyone else having this problem?

Comments

• CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    edited February 29, 2020
    Unless the server crashed on you, you should not be experiencing this unless you're spending it at shops or some other transaction is going on that you are not aware of possibly.
  • PoopsAlotPoopsAlot
    No I haven't been forced off nor logged off. I take 100k from my bank and leave it in my inventory . I start training hoeing, egg gathering and taming and when i check my account balance again. It's at 0. Like absolute 0.
  • IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    You're not changing channels or logging out within 30 seconds of being in combat or 5 minutes of entering a dungeon, are you?
    Logout penalties will apply based on your current level and will cause you to lose EXP and on-hand Gold, and can be quite steep if you're level 200 or something.

These penalties will apply on both logging out AND changing channels, but you'll only get the exact notice saying how much EXP/Gold you'll lose when choosing to logout.
    When changing channels it'll just say that logout penalties will still apply but won't actually say how high your penalty will be.
    PoopsAlot
  • PoopsAlotPoopsAlot
    Iyasenu wrote: »
    You're not changing channels or logging out within 30 seconds of being in combat or 5 minutes of entering a dungeon, are you?
    Logout penalties will apply based on your current level and will cause you to lose EXP and on-hand Gold, and can be quite steep if you're level 200 or something.

These penalties will apply on both logging out AND changing channels, but you'll only get the exact notice saying how much EXP/Gold you'll lose when choosing to logout.
    When changing channels it'll just say that logout penalties will still apply but won't actually say how high your penalty will be.

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH my gawd wow. AND CHANGING CHANNELS??? since when?? omg I'm at level 200 and I have been changing channels to tame wisps and bears >:(
  • CrimsọnCrimsọn
    Mabinogi Rep: 65,175
    PoopsAlot wrote: »

OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH my gawd wow. AND CHANGING CHANNELS??? since when?? omg I'm at level 200 and I have been changing channels to tame wisps and bears >:(

Well we found the problem. Don't do that.

You're welcome. :D
    PoopsAlot
  • PoopsAlotPoopsAlot
    Thank you guys for enlightening me lol and I filed a ticket. LOLS
  • KitsuneanagiKitsuneanagi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    edited March 1, 2020
    No I haven't been forced off nor logged off. I take 100k from my bank and leave it in my inventory . I start training hoeing, egg gathering and taming and when i check my account balance again. It's at 0. Like absolute 0.

Yep channels keep crashing pointless to sell stuff because of this glitch turning the bank from money the bank to 0 I think The servers crash abnormally but yes there can be worse things then losing all gold in the bank
    Losing cat paws, baltane elite passes and even doki flight % or worse loss of progress too (I lost all event baltanes that did not expire at all coughs nowhere to run elite 5 of them) it isn't that bad compared to doki island % or even earned cat paws but gold is also bad too but this needs to be fixed not using the auction house until this is fixed!!!

EDIT:
    Do not use auction house for now
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    Servers/Channels are still crashing ? This must be on the merged Nao-Server ?

For a while I thought the last maintenance fixed things but it seems that there are still some issues that (most-likely) their coders/programmers are going to have to address. When I try to summon the Brielle-Doll with the Brielle Doll-Bag whilst summoned upon a pet it glitches where the summon-timer is triggered but I do not actually see the doll itself. Sometimes the timer even goes wonky with -238093 hours and 59 minutes remaining instead of 1 hour and 59 minutes. I have seen this same «server-crashing pattern» on a browser-game where I had to keep on submitting and pestering their staff with tickets, pointing out where these «invalid variables» were (such as how raid-quests were supposed to normally have a one-hour time-limit but it was incorrectly displaying as -63804 days 2403 hours and 59 minutes remaining whilst counting down the seconds...), because I believe that they are definitely related to causing crashes (in the browser-game's case it was returning an error-page as opposed to a server-crash where nobody could log in; how-ever, there was one time when they responded to an issue involving latency where that turned out to be a problem with some Cloud-Flare/Cloud-Service configuration).

Sometimes I think getting rid of all of those «Expiration-Timers» on all of the items would solve a whole multitudes of problems.

If I had to direct who-ever is managing the coding team I'd probably ask them to inject some sort of tracking code/snippet that gathers absolutely every «timer» variable into a list/data-base and maintains a record of the «numbers» as they're displayed... both from the server and the client itself. If the numbers differ or if they go outside of the proper min_max value-range then we know that there's some «math-problem» (and/or variable-name) that somebody needs to fix.
    I do not necessarily know what changed or why it changed but here is the old-school error-message (usually from OOM [Out-Of-Memory] instances)... assuming of course that the very history of Nexon itself didn't some-how changed due to that really strange and bizarre Mandela-Effect phenomenon.
    h0O6Ul1.jpg
  • AlshianAlshian
    Mabinogi Rep: 7,065
    edited March 1, 2020
    This is why I always put gold in the bank when I am not planning to spend any time soon lol.

As well as Relogging afterwards too because lately servers had been unstable that I should save character data when ever I do important stuff else its back to square one or lost for good.
  • KitsuneanagiKitsuneanagi
    Mabinogi Rep: 1,160
    Alshian wrote: »
    This is why I always put gold in the bank when I am not planning to spend any time soon lol.

As well as Relogging afterwards too because lately servers had been unstable that I should save character data when ever I do important stuff else its back to square one or lost for good.

However sometimes, If you do crash you do lose all your saved up gold in bank (worse one), baltane passes (2nd/3rd worst one if you did not get permenant flight and did doki already or have enough cat paws to get the coupon), cat paws (least of your worries), or doki sweetheart flight % (2nd if you did not get perm flight if you did this is 3rd)
  • KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745

As for long as I can remember, changing channels always counted as a logout and the penalty applies. You must've changed channels really fast and a lot for that 100k to go poof.
  • RheyRhey
    Mabinogi Rep: 10,175
    leave em on a pet when taking out gold. If you especially don't plan to spend immediately and like to cc often.