Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

Weeb Thread (Anime/Manga Discussion)

Comments

• KensamaofmariKensamaofmari
    Mabinogi Rep: 34,745
    Scheduling for The Misfit of Demon King Academy will be delayed until July due to COVID-19.
  • SaiSai
    Mabinogi Rep: 8,785
    Habimaru wrote: »
    Step 1 : Get External HDD with massive storage-space (computer storage-space is very inexpensive these days... fortunately ?).
    Step 2 : Create Directory/Folder Specifically For Animé
    Step 3 : Create Sub-Directories/Sub-Folders in Said Animé-Folder by Year
    Step 4 : Create Additional Sub-Directories/Sub-Foldiers With Each Year by Season/Month
    Step 5 : Save/Download Episodes to Their Specified Sub-Folder/Sub-Directory For Respective Year/Month/Season Sub-Foldier/Sub-Directory
    Step 6 : If Too Many Animé Titles in One Sub-Directory/Sub-Folder Then Organise Even Further by Release-Day (e.g.: Mon-Sun)
    Step 7 : Continue to Download/Save New Episodes Into Appropriate Sub-Directories/Sub-Folders as They're Released

Congratulations ! You have now joined the ranks of some of we (highly) «organised» otaku !

Heh...
    3a0oiht.png
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    That's the Spirit ! =D Keep that up and you'll soon end up with a collection that is the size of my hen.... ahem... anyway...
    vlYPeBt.png
    Sai wrote: »
    Step 1 : Get External HDD with massive storage-space (computer storage-space is very inexpensive these days... fortunately ?).
    Step 2 : Create Directory/Folder Specifically For Animé
    Step 3 : Create Sub-Directories/Sub-Folders in Said Animé-Folder by Year
    Step 4 : Create Additional Sub-Directories/Sub-Foldiers With Each Year by Season/Month
    Step 5 : Save/Download Episodes to Their Specified Sub-Folder/Sub-Directory For Respective Year/Month/Season Sub-Foldier/Sub-Directory
    Step 6 : If Too Many Animé Titles in One Sub-Directory/Sub-Folder Then Organise Even Further by Release-Day (e.g.: Mon-Sun)
    Step 7 : Continue to Download/Save New Episodes Into Appropriate Sub-Directories/Sub-Folders as They're Released

Congratulations ! You have now joined the ranks of some of we (highly) «organised» otaku !

Heh...
    3a0oiht.png

• SherriSherri
    Mabinogi Rep: 18,615
    I just watch all of mine online with my trusty adblock lol
    Sherri wrote: »

Although I use paid subscription, I was trying to change my Crunchyroll to annual and canceled the monthly via Google, yet Crunchy still recognizes me as a premium user and won't let me change subscription. When glitches go the way of the consumer.
  • SaiSai
    That's the Spirit ! =D Keep that up and you'll soon end up with a collection that is the size of my hen.... ahem... anyway...
    vlYPeBt.png

I have to delete stuff after I watch it.
    I've only saved Maze Bakunetsu Jikuu and Claymore. I wonder if you can even find Maze anymore...

The rest are things on my "I was going to watch but never found the time list."
  • SherriSherri
    edited March 6, 2020

Although I use paid subscription, I was trying to change my Crunchyroll to annual and canceled the monthly via Google, yet Crunchy still recognizes me as a premium user and won't let me change subscription. When glitches go the way of the consumer.

Sounds nice lol
    I won't use Crunchyroll because of the whole 'this anime isn't available in your country'
    I'm an American so it probably doesn't affect me but I still find it extremely stupid
    and then some people have the nerve to complain about others who don't watch their anime 'legally' when most can't do such because of copyright

Although I don't watch my anime 'legally', I do support in other ways
    I tell others about it, I buy merch..
  • HabimaruHabimaru
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,630
    edited March 6, 2020
    Any idea what CrunchyRoll uses their subscriber $$$ for ? Most of those types of sites that I remember reading about usually claimed that it was to pay for the web-hosting service (even though most of them do not actually host the animé on their own web-site but have them linked as streaming pages). Also, a lot of the animé that gets subbed were/are usually television-programmes, rather than CD/DVD/Blue-Ray/VCD/etc-exclusive. Sometimes they might play on what-ever that Cartoon-NetWork channel was called which has something called Adult-Swim (usually requiring a television «cable» subscription as I recall [but I don't watch T.V. nor do I own any]).

Certainly, we must support the creators/designers/manufacturers so as not to be deemed as «thieves» by The Sovereign Authority (i.e.: what/whom most people refer to in the English-language as God), and even the very Messiah himself wrote a «~ The 'open window' ~» sub-section on a Page about Patents to warn against being thieves, not just for those who «obtain illegal copies» of any particular digital-product, but also to those who sell the works of the creators as if it were their own.

I actually remember reading cases about some people who found someone else's web-site that was very financially successful... then literally copied the whole entire web-site in order to make $$$ from the original owner's efforts/designs. That would be an example of stealing the rightful earnings of the rightful owner/creator as described on The Messiah's page about Patents. Regarding animé-episodes, a lot of «cartoon» episodes are often aired on television for the sake of generating revenue from «ratings» and «advertising» space (on the television-channel), and is for the most part «free to watch» for the public who has access to a television.

I decided to look up «Runway to Waratte»「ランウェイで笑って」as it is the most-recent upload to a site that puts out animé-releases and they have «product-versions» where the difference between what is aired on television and what they're selling in Blue-Ray & DVD-format is that the disc-versions are «completely uncut» editions (obtaining these versions without «paying» for them would certainly constitute «illegal» copies). I suspect this particular animé would appeal mostly to a female-audience and most of the staff shown in the videos on their Movie-Project page also seem to be females.

Anyway, that is certainly a question to be explored where I'd like to see what peoples' responses are, and, before answering, I ask that you please first familiarise yourself with the content of the entire Page About Patents written (typed) by The Messiah then tell us if you deem the animé-hosting sites to be a form of «thievery» or not and why ?

Sounds nice lol
    I won't use Crunchyroll because of the whole 'this anime isn't available in your country'
    I'm an American so it probably doesn't affect me but I still find it extremely stupid
    and then some people have the nerve to complain about others who don't watch their anime 'legally' when most can't do such because of copyright

Although I don't watch my anime 'legally', I do support in other ways
    I tell others about it, I buy merch..
    Edit/Addendum: Speaking of Not-Available-in-Your-Country... I ran into that whilst overseas...
    yW8JMsj.png
    2skIDpU.png
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    Bruuuh, i played Honkai Impact 3rd. I still log in once in a while.
    Kensamaofmari
  • VistoronVistoron
    Mabinogi Rep: 310
    I'm not a weeb... I don't really watch much anime even though I know a lot of them by name.
    I DO admire Japanese culture, video games, visual novels, etc.
    The anime I do watch however tends to be more mature or at least serious. My favourite is Aku no Hana... not many people liked it due to the art style (which was rotoscoped). I suggest you guys try it out, it has a unique atmosphere.
    If the anime is too weird for you then just read the manga. In fact, you will have to do it no matter what because the anime didn't get a second season.
    I plan to watch Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop. Champloo aired here in my country many moons ago but I was a kid then. To me it seemed boring. Nowadays, it looks like the best thing ever, and the soundtrack is by Nujabes, Fat Jon and others.
    I am currently watching Welcome to NHK and I finished a tokusatsu series called Lion Maru G (it is the third installment in the Lion Maru trilogy). I highly recommend it, although it is R-rated to a degree. You can find links online.

Another suggestion is the film Colorful which is based on a book.

These days I've been hooked on visual novels! I am reading If My Heart Had Wings and it's amazing. It's a visual novels about gliding but there is also romance and friendship themes. I also started a bunch of other VNs but I am mostly focusing on IMMHW.
  • LiberateLiberate
    Mabinogi Rep: 3,360
    Any idea what CrunchyRoll uses their subscriber $$$ for ? Most of those types of sites that I remember reading about usually claimed that it was to pay for the web-hosting service (even though most of them do not actually host the animé on their own web-site but have them linked as streaming pages). Also, a lot of the animé that gets subbed were/are usually television-programmes, rather than CD/DVD/Blue-Ray/VCD/etc-exclusive. Sometimes they might play on what-ever that Cartoon-NetWork channel was called which has something called Adult-Swim (usually requiring a television «cable» subscription as I recall [but I don't watch T.V. nor do I own any]).

Crunchyroll use its income to purchase licenses to host anime streams without getting sued by the production companies, basically.
    RE Zero S2 delayed until July over COVID19
  • GretaGreta
    Mabinogi Rep: 51,805
    edited March 10, 2020

BRUH... Whyyyy? Since when streaming is contagious? These cancellations are starting to make no sense.
    edited March 10, 2020
    Greta wrote: »

BRUH... Whyyyy? Since when streaming is contagious? These cancellations are starting to make no sense.

I think it's more of production being delayed. And they're postponements, not cancellations.
  • SherriSherri

Sigh.. there goes an anime I was really looking forward to :(
  • SaiSai
    Sucks, but delayed is still better than full on canceled.
    I got so much to look forward to, so it doesn't hurt me too much.
    Sherri

Sigh.. there goes an anime I was really looking forward to :(

On the other hand Konosuba Crimson Demon will be on Crunchy this month.
    SherriWolfsinger
  • SaiSai
    aSnPJG2.gif
  • SherriSherri
    Dropkick On My Devil Season 2 is out!! Legit the whole season. They drop(kick)ed the whole season.
    And with that I have a new demon waifu..who I can't find any pictures on the internet of. You've failed me yet again, internet.