Check out all of the details of this month's Patch Notes, featuring the 16th Anniversary and VIP Renewal Update! https://mabinogi.nexon.net/news/90098/16th-anniversary-and-vip-renewal-patch-notes-march-14th
[NEW MILLETIANS] Please note that all new forum users have to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours, and we appreciate your patience.
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Nexon Forums Code of Conduct. You have to register before you can post, so you can log in or create a forum name above to proceed. Thank you for your visit!

G23 Manannan and Boss Fight Help?

SakuramokonaSakuramokona
Mabinogi Rep: 730
in Help
Just wondering if anyone has any tips for the Manannan’s servant fight and G23 Boss fight.
Im returning from a long break to finish the new generations, but it seems like none of my skill sets are adequate lol (elf archer/mage)
Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thank you!!

Comments

• IyasenuIyasenu
    Mabinogi Rep: 24,265
    edited March 12, 2020
    It helps immensely to be able to tank the damage you'll most likely be facing from the mobs of servants.

If I remember correctly, the fight is two parts.
    The first part you need to kill a certain number of servants, which I'm guessing is the part you're concerned with.
    I think the enemies spam lightning-element attacks, so beforehand make sure you enchant all the things you plan to wear using Lightning Elementals. You can use a lightning-type wand to gather these from Lightning Sprites, like the ones you can find on Ceo Island. Right click the sprites to see the 'Gather' option. (make sure not to wear a shield when harvesting)

Have you done the previous generations?
    Because if you have, and have access to Nascent Divinity, that can help out.
    Transform using that and you'll have Adv Heavy stander, which will make it so you can't get stunlocked by all the servants.
    Use Shield of Trust every chance you get, since during Nascent Divinity it lets you absorb damage (shown by the damage you take being yellow numbers)
    Then just make sure you have your strongest weapon equipped and start using Divine Blast, which is the basic attack during that transformation.
    Timed well, it's a guaranteed crit that gets stronger as you gain more stacks of divine power, and in turn generates 1 stack of power with every perfectly timed hit.

The transformation should last long enough to take out all the required servants, and using Shield of Trust's damage blocking effects should let you survive anything they hit you with, though if you're defensively weak (like wearing only clothing and not light/heavy armor) then you should still bring potions. Make sure the wear the New Divinity title for an extra 30 seconds of transformation time as well.

After the servant fighting, you enter the second phase of the battle where you have to live for ~5 minutes against Manannan's attacks.
    You can't kill him, so just equip defensive equipment, especially a shield, and run away while keeping Defense up and using any potions or other recovery methods you want and tank it out.
    Caissa
  • SakuramokonaSakuramokona
    Mabinogi Rep: 730
    Thank you so much for the detailed reply!
    Yes I have done all the previous generations up to G23, I would definitely get some elementals first and hopefully Nascent Divinity would be enough to get me through (:
  • HelsaHelsa
    Mabinogi Rep: 23,380
    edited March 12, 2020
    <imitating who="Kensamaformerlyofmari">
    Manannan, dot doo dee doo-doo,
    Manannan, dot doo dee doo,
    Manannan, dot doo dee doo-doo,
    Dee doo-doo,
    Dee doo-doo,
    Dee doo-doo,
    Dee dot doo doo-doo doo.
    </imitating>